Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2021, 12:20 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Whatever you like Tzaph and make sure you stay safe really, because My posts speak openly and without bamboozle and people can agree or not. People trying to imply craftiness or some sinister method or agenda on my part will only hurt their own cred.
This above all else reveals your desire to bamboozle since your posts are anything BUT open and honest. They are filled with denigrations, accusations, and suspicions of the negative motivations of those who oppose your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2021, 12:21 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This reveals a lack of understanding of what a spiritual experience IS. If you do NOT experience it spiritually, it is NOT spiritual no matter how long you were trying or what you intended. If you experience it spiritually, it IS a spiritual experience irrespective of your efforts or intentions.
Depends on how you use the term. Experiencing history (being in it) is different from explaining histpry (after the event). Someone trying to debunk history as not actually being in it would either fuzzle -headed about it or being crafty. Just like contrasting spiritual experience with considering what it is. You are not dumb so I presume you are being crafty.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:30 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Whatever you like and make sure you stay safe really, because My posts speak openly and without bamboozle and people can agree or not. People trying to imply craftiness or some sinister method or agenda on my part will only hurt their own cred.
using phrases like "all the believers"
does just that
just like someone saying "all atheists"

same mindset.
which is perhaps the reason the two of you go at each other like cats and dogs

Old 02-07-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Depends on how you use the term. Experiencing history (being in it) is different from explaining histpry (after the event). Someone trying to debunk history as not actually being in it would either fuzzle -headed about it or being crafty. Just like contrasting spiritual experience with considering what it is. You are not dumb so I presume you are being crafty.
Crafty to what end, Arq? You are a trip! I EXPERIENCED it directly throughout the latter half of my life. I am not remotely confused about it, although communicating it is definitely problematic.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
This above all else reveals your desire to bamboozle since your posts are anything BUT open and honest. They are filled with denigrations, accusations, and suspicions of the negative motivations of those who oppose your views.
your posts do exactly that.
bold above = what is expressed in your posts over and over

Old 02-07-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
your posts do exactly that.
bold above = what is expressed in your posts over and over
There is a huge difference between pointing out an obvious lack of knowledge, lack of logic, and unreasoning bias, and actually denigrating someone's character and integrity, accusing them of bamboozling, and suspecting them of ulterior motivations.

Old 02-07-2021, 12:51 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Default any excuse...

Quote:
Crafty to what end, Arq? You are a trip! I EXPERIENCED it directly throughout the latter half of my life. I am not remotely confused about it, although communicating it is definitely problematic.
I know. I do not deny yur experience and never have. I ony question your interpretation.

And I'm going to risk posting something that is a bit of a spiritual experence for me through music.

And who does it better than Bruckner? The 'heart' of the 7th and the one and only time he uses a cymbal crash and triangle...but it is just right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eElWyQ_6XLU

Old 02-07-2021, 12:56 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

Personally, or more specifically, I believe I have had experiences that are beyond the average. I might even describe them as exceptional and not shared by others. I think others would call that sort of experience spiritual, but I don't, because I'm not inclined to believe in the supernatural.

I'm not aware of any good reason to believe in the supernatural...

Mystic #2! We are truly blessed.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:58 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
This reveals a lack of understanding of what a spiritual experience IS. If you do NOT experience it spiritually, it is NOT spiritual no matter how long you were trying or what you intended. If you experience it spiritually, it IS a spiritual experience irrespective of your efforts or intentions.
Should "spiritual experience" include Jesus to be certified "spiritual." I suspect that is where we are heading.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Yada, yada, yada, Yada, very imaginative and creative but total nonsense born of intelligence devoid of valid knowledge. Enjoy your fantasies about Reality, CB. They are simply not true. You are unique, I am unique, and every consciousness formed within humanity is unique and never before existed.
you are confusing and conflating "personality" with soul.
they are not the same.

you are confusing and conflating the conscious thinking or "intellect" with soul.
they are not the same.

the part of a person that consciously thinks (their intellect) and the part of a person that is their "personality" or character traits, those are NOT the soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality