Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 02:01 PM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Well that pretty well covers the full alpha bet in any case. Pass the popcorn...
D.

I'll do the Greek alphabet next...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 04:02 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,521,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
While I understand what you've been saying in this little series of posts, I think perhaps that you're missing our point.

There are a handful or two of posters who MAKE THEMSELVES THE TARGETS because their posts are really ABOUT THEM, not the content. There are two posters I'm thinking who are the most repetitive posters I have ever seen on any forum. And they do everything they can to manipulate other posters because it feeds their egos. One of them clearly does it knowingly, the other seems to be confused and just falls into the habit. Those individuals deserve to be called out, particularly if they are stalking other posters.

Then we have the vast majority of posters in this forum -- some of whom are very religious -- who virtually never get "called out" because they have amiable conversations where they "get along" while still differing in their opinions.
Mirror mirror on the wall ...

Yup ... just like I said. It doesn't matter what is said. If you like how they spoke to you they get a pass. If you don't like how they spoke to you, you say they are wrong. Actually what the person says is more important. But if we did that, this little rampage of yours would faulter.

And I wouldn't would be so keen on telling others they are repeating. You guys are constantly repeating yourselves. "lack of belief", Bad religionist, they are wrong, they don't have proof, its all blind faith. Over and over and over again.

Some of us are only responding to you repeating of your claims like they are on equal terms. Maybe if we could talk about all beliefs instead of constantly repeating "But they are wrong" it would be a little different.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 02-17-2021 at 04:35 PM..

Old 02-18-2021, 09:13 AM

29,435 posts, read 9,617,720 times
Quote:
While I understand what you've been saying in this little series of posts, I think perhaps that you're missing our point.

There are a handful or two of posters who MAKE THEMSELVES THE TARGETS because their posts are really ABOUT THEM, not the content. There are two posters I'm thinking who are the most repetitive posters I have ever seen on any forum. And they do everything they can to manipulate other posters because it feeds their egos. One of them clearly does it knowingly, the other seems to be confused and just falls into the habit. Those individuals deserve to be called out, particularly if they are stalking other posters.

Then we have the vast majority of posters in this forum -- some of whom are very religious -- who virtually never get "called out" because they have amiable conversations where they "get along" while still differing in their opinions.
Oh I'm not missing anything...

My point is that scratching an itch is not always a good way to get rid of an itch.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:28 AM

50,463 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Oh I'm not missing anything...

My point is that scratching an itch is not always a good way to get rid of an itch.
The key phrase being "not always". And that is when you put someone on ignore long term.

The trouble with ignore -- whether it's forum ignore or automatically skimming over a particular poster -- is that sometimes you get left out of an interesting discussion. Or, even worse, they walk away saying to themselves -- or sometimes posting -- that they won that discussion. And we all see how that worked recently.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:56 AM

16,632 posts, read 4,916,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
D.

I'll do the Greek alphabet next...
This should be interesting.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:16 AM

29,435 posts, read 9,617,720 times
Quote:
The key phrase being "not always". And that is when you put someone on ignore long term.

The trouble with ignore -- whether it's forum ignore or automatically skimming over a particular poster -- is that sometimes you get left out of an interesting discussion. Or, even worse, they walk away saying to themselves -- or sometimes posting -- that they won that discussion. And we all see how that worked recently.
Again, I don't put anyone on ignore and skimming through these threads works plenty well enough for me. I really don't understand much of the angst along these lines expressed by others.

It's something like panning for gold. No one need study or keep the otherwise worthless sediment in their pan any longer than they want to. Anyone can move along to another bend in the river if they want as well. If the immediate environment or company doesn't suit. No one should expect it to be all fun and games either. Panning for gold is hard work...

Old 02-18-2021, 11:32 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,521,721 times
Quote:

...well, pout is the only word that fits really. You ignoring is more of "Pouting" than anything else.
"I don't like how you talk me."

Old 02-18-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
...well, pout is the only word that fits really. You ignoring is more of "Pouting" than anything else.
"I don't like how you talk me."
I almost never respond any more to your posts. At least not directly. But I'm going to make an exception this time. Twice recently when I criticized a certain style of posting without mentioning any poster's screen names, you've jumped in and basically said I was talking about you.

Think about that.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:14 PM

1,799 posts, read 558,330 times
Quote:

My position is that if their posts are too stupid to read, their claims that you have "run away" are too stupid and worthless to worry about. Who cares what trolls claim? They simply aren't worth the time.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
My position is that if their posts are too stupid to read, their claims that you have "run away" are too stupid and worthless to worry about. Who cares what trolls claim? They simply aren't worth the time.
And you've been here how long?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality