Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2021, 08:19 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
"Spirituality is personal. It has nothing to do with the next Joe. ..."

Is that the most reliable way to speak to spirituality? Over all that is? "nothing"

Is looking at people and understanding ourselves and our place in reality the exact opposite of spirituality? Or does it offer a Deepening connection.
I guess so, if you do not believe life continues after death... anything goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 08:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I think the opposite. I think when one believes in our life going on after death ...anything goes.

Back to how do the regulars squirrels just trying to get a nut sort it out.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I think the opposite. I think when one believes in our life going on after death ...anything goes.

Back to how do the regulars squirrels just trying to get a nut sort it out
Regular squirrels are not co-dependent upon what others do. That's a whole other type of animal. And those animals get their nuts observing others whether people like it or not.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Regular squirrels are not co-dependent upon what others do. That's a whole other type of animal. And those animals get their nuts observing others whether people like it or not.
again ... how do we know who is who?

Is crossing checking people's claims against known observations mean a person is co dependent? Is saying that we really need to be careful of error and personal bias so lets check things out really that sick of a way to live?

Old 03-26-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Back to how do the regulars squirrels just trying to get a nut sort it out.
We do not care, you do. We have our own lives/journeys to live.

You are getting your nuts by backpacking off of others, sort of like an AI creation that absorbs from it's surroundings.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
again ... how do we know who is who?

Is crossing checking people's claims against known observations mean a person is co dependent? Is saying that we really need to be careful of error and personal bias so lets check things out really that sick of a way to live?
Yes. Your spatilality or whatever you call it is co-dependent on others. That's really dangerous because it leaves no room for individuality. "Make a list and let me decide"!

Old 03-26-2021, 11:00 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
"Anything goes" whenever you venture into the realm of believing in something for which there is no evidence or proof that something exists. Spirituality, a soul, life after death, God are just a few such things among many...

Old 03-26-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Anything goes" whenever you venture into the realm of believing in something for which there is no evidence or proof that something exists. Spirituality, a soul, life after death, God are just a few such things among many...
What one may consider proof another may consider foolishness. For example, there's been numerous apparition captured on tape. Some seem to interact with the environment. It is up to each to make up their own mind, but to declare their is no proof doesn't speak for all.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Yes. Your spatilality or whatever you call it is co-dependent on others. That's really dangerous because it leaves no room for individuality. "Make a list and let me decide"!
I think that about wraps this up.

Arach:
We need to come up with a process to try and limit error and personal bias via other people.

Gabfest:
saying that "We need to come up with a process to try and limit error and personal bias via other people" or whatever you call it is co-dependent on others. That's really dangerous because it leaves no room for individuality

I think that wraps this up. again.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:06 PM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
What one may consider proof another may consider foolishness. For example, there's been numerous apparition captured on tape. Some seem to interact with the environment. It is up to each to make up their own mind, but to declare their is no proof doesn't speak for all.
Quite obviously true. There are still folks who believe the earth is flat afterall, and they've got all the evidence they need to be convinced. Where does that leave us?

Leaves us having to recognize that not all evidence or proof is equal or worthy, and this forum does nothing but provide an arena for banter as to which is which. Ultimately for all us banters to judge as we will, and for all of us to waste a whole lot of time in the process...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality