Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 03:31 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
He in full insult mode today. He got pissy with me over asking him not to hijack a thread totally unrelated to the topic and then insulting to one who thanked me.
Seems you've joined the ranks of those seeking moderator action against me by invoking mensa's post. I suspected from the beginning you were a Trojan horse atheist posing as a believer, possibly recruited by Arq, et al. Of course, intimating that attacking my post as a hijack was a Community service was not remotely insulting me either. You people are beyond redemption. Luckily for you, I am not Christ or God so my opinion doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 03:34 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, no I don't, mensa. Would you care to explain it to me? A lot of people, not just atheists, have difficulty with philosophy and metaphysics.
Garbage. You do 'philosophy' in the theist definition: fiddling about with words and meanings to bamboozle people if they don't keep their wits about them. Don't I remember my discussions with GayLen about the philosophic ins and out of the qualia/substance -dualism question, and all you did was pop in with posts claiming that something he said supported your whackdoodle hypothesis when it didn't. It amazed me he didn't lose his rag with you.

If anyone is in any doubts about your lack of soundness when it comes to philosophy, let them consider the number of times you've posted fulsome approval of Arach's or the like fatheaded comments simply because they are atheist - bashers.

Quote:
What, IF ANY, exposure have you had to philosophy and metaphysics, Marc. Your posts signal zero since you seem not to recognize the domains.
Well, there's a nice piece of bluff. But we are only too familiar with a grubby tactic you've employed from the first: certificate waving to try to pretend that your education and understanding is so far above everyone else's that they have no business doubting, let alone questioning you.

But - whatever the fact of that is, your Faith -based thinking mucks up your powers of reasoning so even an undereducated dullard like myself can take you apart on a regular basis and we can have a good laugh as you deny everything.

Quote:
Thanks for confirming you have no clue about philosophy or metaphysics. As to the bold, only half of your assertion is true. Scientifically developed hypotheses using established scientific processes and facts can be dismissed without verification, but they are not invalid until tested and not supported.
Thank you for a perfect example of your mucked up reasoning. The Actual way it works is that scientifically plausible hypotheses can be put forward, but they are no more than that until verified. A famous example is relativity and another the Higgs -Boson and a third black holes. All regarded with anticipation, but with the possibility of being wrong until verified by science.

It is not 'dismissed without verification', but not anything to claim as fact until it is verified. Now I know you will retreat from apparent assertion of your belief as fact when someone calls you on it and isn't intimidated by your snobby deprecation, but you will again and again keep derailing and spamming thread after thread with these belief -claims of yours.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-18-2021 at 03:48 PM..

Old 02-18-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I contributed to the thread. You improperly characterized it as a hijack. The propensity to infer insults and hijacks has been heightened by posters like you and has been promoted by those who despise my views seeking moderator action against them. Accurately characterizing assertions made does not constitute a basis for inferring insult. I am actually trying to mitigate the occurrence of adverse posts, but the tenacity of my opponents in attacking me personally makes it more difficult.
I'll give you that your hypothesis is on the topic and it was probably inevitable that you'd appropriate the thread for peddling your own Hypothesis as though nobody has heard it let alone seen it rendered a Null Hypothesis and no mistake about that.

"...possibly recruited by Arq, et al. ..."

Lads, we've been rumbled...

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-18-2021 at 04:36 PM..

Old 02-18-2021, 03:56 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,701 times
Quote:
I contributed to the thread. You improperly characterized it as a hijack. The propensity to infer insults and hijacks has been heightened by posters like you and has been promoted by those who despise my views seeking moderator action against them. Accurately characterizing assertions made does not constitute a basis for inferring insult. I am actually trying to mitigate the occurrence of adverse posts, but the tenacity of my opponents in attacking me personally makes it more difficult.
I couldn't care less about your opinion . You invaded a thread about slavery and spiritualism and took the first opportunity you could to hijack it over to your views . Then you lashed out when I suggested you not hijack anothers thread. Then you insulted the poster who thanked me for requesting you not hijack the thread.

Last edited by NatesDude; 02-18-2021 at 04:10 PM..

Old 02-18-2021, 03:58 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'll give you that your hypothesis is on the topic and it was probably inevitable that you's abrogate (I think that's the right term) for peddling your own Hypothesis as though nobody has heard it let alone seen it rendered a Null Hypothesis and no mistake.

He is referring to the slavery and spirituality thread he tried to hijack and was called out for it.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:00 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
So a persecution complex to go along with your irrational meanderings. You also give yourself way too much credit in describing your views as “despised”. They are one step away from those of the Arachnid. Unintelligible gobbledygook. You write better than he does, but it’s just better communication of the same mystical garbage. It doesn’t come close to attaining sufficient meaning to be despised.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Garbage. You do 'philosophy' in the theist definition: fiddling about with words and meanings to bamboozle people if they don't keep their wits about them. Don't I remember my discussions with GayLen about the philosophic ins and out of the qualia/substance -dualism question, and all you did was pop in with posts claiming that something he said supported your whackdoodle hypothesis when it didn't. It amazed me he didn't lose his rag with you.

If anyone is in any doubts about your lack of soundness when it comes to philosophy, let them consider the number of times you've posted fulsome approval of Arach's or the like fatheaded comments simply because they are atheist - bashers.

Well, there's a nice piece of bluff. But we are only too familiar with a grubby tactic you've employed from the first: certificate waving to try to pretend that your education and understanding is so far above everyone else's that they have no business doubting, let alone questioning you.

But - whatever the fact of that is, your Faith -based thinking mucks up your powers of reasoning so even an undereducated dullard like myself can take you apart on a regular basis and we can have a good laugh as you deny everything.

Thank you for a perfect example of your mucked up reasoning. The Actual way it works is that scientifically plausible hypotheses can be put forward, but they are no more than that until verified. A famous example is relativity and another the Higgs -Boson and a third black holes. All regarded with anticipation, but with the possibility of being wrong until verified by science.

It is not 'dismissed without verification', but not anything to claim as fact until it is verified. Now I know you will retreat from apparent assertion of your belief as fact when someone calls you on it and isn't intimidated by your snobby deprecation, but you will again and again keep derailing and spamming thread after thread with these belief -claims of yours.
Welcome to the fray, Arq with your usual garbage, whackadoodle evaluations, and pretense to debunks using your common sense (inaccurate) understanding of the science and the scientific process. I have NEVER and that means never even intimated that my hypotheses and conclusions used in my religious BELIEFS are verified scientific fact, but they ARE legitimately derived scientific hypotheses that are currently not possible to verify. That sets them very, very far apart from any and all other speculations that you and your ilk like to characterize as "invented" or "made up." I understand your desire to overlook any such distinction in defense of your UNSUPPORTABLE atheism, but that does not make it an acceptable or honest practice.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:17 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Welcome to the fray, Arq with your usual garbage, whackadoodle evaluations, and pretense to debunks using your common sense (inaccurate) understanding of the science and the scientific process. I have NEVER and that means never even intimated that my hypotheses and conclusions used in my religious BELIEFS are verified scientific fact, but they ARE legitimately derived scientific hypotheses that are currently not possible to verify. That sets them very, very far apart from any and all other speculations that you and your ilk like to characterize as "invented" or "made up." I understand your desire to overlook any such distinction in defense of your UNSUPPORTABLE atheism, but that does not make it an acceptable or honest practice.
Legitimately derived but impossible to verify. With a straight face he’ll say that. I thought the Arachnid was the reigning Rain Man, but I now suspect siamese twins. Were you in the other vehicle that resulted in the head injury?

Old 02-18-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Legitimately derived but impossible to verify. With a straight face he’ll say that. I thought the Arachnid was the reigning Rain Man, but I now suspect siamese twins. Were you in the other vehicle that resulted in the head injury?
If you do not recognize the existence of legitimately derived scientific hypotheses that cannot CURRENTLY be verified, you cannot be at all familiar with existing science and how it got us where we are. Your immaturity is boring and your obvious attempts to provoke are tiresome. Go back under your bridge.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Legitimate science perhaps but patched onto his faith -based beliefs without much regard to coherence. It's what I called the 'caddis -fly' method. The larvae sticks all sorts of gravel around its' soft and vulnerable bod in hopes to make it stronger. That's what Mystic does camouflaging his revealed truth with bits of luted on science. His misuse of Minkowski to try to find a lurking -place for God was easily shown up by me, and he has resoundingly been silent on that ever since, but still repeating the debunked claim that EM energy isn't measurable and even I know enough about Dark matter and energy to know that his fiddling of that to fit his 'God' -theory i mere fantasy, hardly even guesswork or speculation.

So, even where he's managed to rummage out a bit of science that I don't know about, seeing what arbage he peddled about the science (and logic) that I Did understand makes me very skeptical of his claims to valid or legitimate science - which it may be, but not the way he uses it.

Now you know all you need to about Mystic., his methods, his motivation and his integrity, or lack of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
He is referring to the slavery and spirituality thread he tried to hijack and was called out for it.
gocha. But he's on topic here. But has gone of topic other threads. Indeed, I don't think he cares what the topic is. Any thread is fair game for him to peddle his Theory and pee over anyone who doubts it.

Quote:
You can always count on me, Mystic mate, to expose your inverted logic, faulty reasoning, dirty tricks and -as you did so beautifully here - shameless pot -kettle use of my own terms to throw back at me with a shamelessness that would disgrace a 7 year old Santa believer shouting 'Same to you and no returns"in a schoolyard squabble, when they have nothing better.

Quote:
Well, I'll hold my fire on Arach. I've had enough fun for one day.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-18-2021 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality