Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,333,985 times

Advertisements

I ran across this in the book Everything You know is Wrong. By Russ Kick.

The book listed several issues related to the Vatican Bank and the Ratline (name of the smuggling operation run by the Catholic Church to get war criminals out of Europe after World War II). Additionally it covered the theft of the treasury of the Croatian people in 1943 and 1944. The information sent me to the web to check out more, and after reading a day or two, I came to the conclusion it sounded like the base for a book, and would be a good thread to discuss. The documents on the Vatican Bank link them to the Ratline, organized crime in Italy, several deaths related to Banking in Italy and Europe, Theft of Croatian treasury, connection to the Ustasha, and under the freedom of information act records from the CIA which link the highest levels of the Catholic Church both Pope Pius XII, and Pope Paul VI to these actions. The legal actions now underway are against the Vatican Bank, and the Franciscan Order. The claim is the Vatican Bank and Franciscan Order, combined their efforts to conceal assets looted by the Croatian Nazis from concentration camp victims, Serbs, Jews, Roma and others between 1941-1945.

As if that were not enough we also have the deaths of two bankers, both of which could conceivably be murders. The loss of as much as $1.2 billion in unsecured loans. The failure of Italy's huge Banco Ambrosiano, which has left more than 200 international financial institutions holding the bag for millions in loans. A scandal that has threatened the stability of the entire international banking system. A secret plot to undermine the government of Italy and to change the shape of politics in several Latin American countries. This was documented by US records, after the Vatican refused to open the closed files, and links the Istituto per le Opere di Religione (I.O.R.), better known as the Vatican bank and high level officials in the Vatican to each of these crimes.

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by cncracer; 05-07-2008 at 08:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 PM

123 posts, read 345,992 times
So what is your point?. Yes,these things are likely true. Will it change the Catholic church-no. Should the persons involved be held accountable-yes. Will the authorities be able to nail them-no. Secet societies are all so mysterious , who knows what if any of it is true. Personally Pope Benedict XV1 has recenly given me more faith in believing that the church is trying to do the right thing. I would sooner listen to him on most issues rather than my designted ruler.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 PM

661 posts, read 1,180,484 times
Another book which deals with this subject is called In God's Name, by David Yallop. Fascinating stuff. Shows how corrupt the Catholic church is at the top.

In God's Name: An Investigation into the Murder of Pope John Paul I, by David A. Yallop (broken link)

Old 05-08-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
Another book which deals with this subject is called In God's Name, by David Yallop. Fascinating stuff. Shows how corrupt the Catholic church is at the top.

In God's Name: An Investigation into the Murder of Pope John Paul I, by David A. Yallop (broken link)
This story has more layers than an onion. I have concentrated on the period of 1936 to 1950 in my readings, but the real banking issues came after that period. I still have a problem why the world monetary fund allows them to continue. Grant they have hundreds of billions of what looks to be stolen or illegally received gold and money, but if we are able to cut of a countries ability to use world banking, than why can’t we cut off the Vatican’s bank. Crime is crime, regardless of whom or what is committing it.
Thanks for the book lead, I find it and put on my list.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdame View Post
So what is your point?. Yes,these things are likely true. Will it change the Catholic church-no. Should the persons involved be held accountable-yes. Will the authorities be able to nail them-no. Secet societies are all so mysterious , who knows what if any of it is true. Personally Pope Benedict XV1 has recenly given me more faith in believing that the church is trying to do the right thing. I would sooner listen to him on most issues rather than my designted ruler.
My point is there need to be a limit to blind faith. If you see an organization committing crime after crime, and all you do it turn you back on these crimes, than you share in the guilt. To borrow a term from your side of the debate, “there is no one as blind as those who will not see.”

Your Pope Benedict XVI is in charge of the Vatican Bank, and is the top man in their system. I just do not seem him or the Church as the answer to this problem.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:52 AM

Just found this on a Vatican Bank wed search. It looks like the chipping away at the Catholic Banking system is continuing.

“Vatican Bank Being Sued”
It seems like the Vatican Bank is in a bit of trouble. Mississippi Insurance Commissioner George Dale has filed a lawsuit charging officials at the Vatican Bank with violating the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act. If he wins, damages could exceed USD $600 million.

A Vatican spokesman denies the Roman Catholic church profited from business dealings with Frankel or accepted funds he stole. The church has filed a motion to dismiss the suit for lack of jurisdiction, and a ruling is expected this summer. Dale remains determined to pursue his suit against "The Holy See aka Vatican City State" and others. "The evidence of wrongdoing my investigators accumulated was so clear," he says. "State officials are always slammed as paper pushers. But two federal agencies fumbled the ball with Frankel. The Internal Revenue Service approved Frankel's taxes. The FBI had suspicions but made no moves. In the end, insurance commissioners brought this guy down."
"Dale traces knowledge of a criminal scene almost to the pope by showing the third highest ranking Vatican official, Salerno, approved a very suspect business deal with Frankel, said attorney Jonathan Levy, who represents concentration camp survivors claiming the Vatican laundered money that the Nazis stole from them. Though the church insists it did not profit from St. Francis, that may be beside the point. "We are not claiming that the Vatican profited," said attorney Charles Copeland, local counsel for the Mississippi Insurance Commission. "If a party should have reasonably been aware that those involved in a conspiracy were committing illegal acts in the party's name, that party can be held responsible for the amount stolen," he explained.
Historically, the Vatican has fought U.S. lawsuits by claiming sovereign immunity, the legal concept that courts in this country lack jurisdiction over foreign countries. But the Mississippi lawsuit "very shrewdly focuses on the Vatican Bank's involvement," said PepperdineUniversity law professor Lee Boyd. "As a commercial entity, the Vatican Bank can be sued by Americans in U.S. courts." "I cannot recall a single legal case where the Vatican Bank gave any records to an American plaintiff during the discovery period," Boyd said. "The Vatican normally settles to avoid the discovery."
For years there have been stories of criminal activity by the Vatican Bank — shady dealings in which people have used the power, prestige, and resources of the Holy See to launder money or worse. Now there is a lawsuit which might actually result in the bank’s financial books being opened up to independent scrutiny. Vatican officials have long denied any wrongdoing where the bank is concerned, but now we may end with proof to the contrary.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 10,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdame View Post
If i may, you are sayin somenthing like : why should i wash my-sel today : i did it yesterdaY!!! Nonsense... Allow me ( if you please) suggest you to search for youre own self , instead of peferring to be ruled from one , instead of other criminals.... My intent is not to be offensive , rather to be row but truth , rather than sweet and fake. You should doo some research , brother/sister !!! Get some neutral and objective real study done :look up in google for zeitgeist, and zeitgeist addendum . Becarefull dow, need to have a strong stomach..... it's gona bee hard to digest what you'll find out. Any way , if you want,can visit my web page : just digit lezapp on google ........or cgimidice.wordpress.com . welcome to knoledge sincerely youre's lezapp

Old 03-07-2009, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 10,754 times
web page correction chimidice.wordpress.com ciauzzz

Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 AM

I went back to look for the tread on the Vatican Bank when the legel actions related to the stolen gold from WWII was the issue. With the new problems of fraud and money laundering being investigated in the EU I thought it might be of interest to revisit the old thread.

Here is the link about the new investigation.

Vatican Bank mired in laundering scandal

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_vatican_god_s_bankers

By VICTOR L. SIMPSON and NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press Victor L. Simpson And Nicole Winfield, Associated Press– Sun Dec 12, 12:25 am ET
VATICAN CITY – This is no ordinary bank: The ATMs are in Latin. Priests use a private entrance. A life-size portrait of Pope Benedict XVI hangs on the wall.
Nevertheless, the Institute for Religious Works is a bank, and it's under harsh new scrutiny in a case involving money-laundering allegations that led police to seize euro23 million ($30 million) in Vatican assets in September. Critics say the case shows that the "Vatican Bank" has never shed its penchant for secrecy and scandal.
The Vatican calls the seizure of assets a "misunderstanding" and expresses optimism it will be quickly cleared up. But court documents show that prosecutors say the Vatican Bank deliberately flouted anti-laundering laws "with the aim of hiding the ownership, destination and origin of the capital." The documents also reveal investigators' suspicions that clergy may have acted as fronts for corrupt businessmen and Mafia.
The documents pinpoint two transactions that have not been reported: one in 2009 involving the use of a false name, and another in 2010 in which the Vatican Bank withdrew euro650,000 ($860,000) from an Italian bank account but ignored bank requests to disclose where the money was headed.
The new allegations of financial impropriety could not come at a worse time for the Vatican, already hit by revelations that it sheltered pedophile priests.
The corruption probe has given new hope to Holocaust survivors who tried unsuccessfully to sue in the United States, alleging that Nazi loot was stored in the Vatican Bank.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:32 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,608,323 times
Get over the holocaust. People these days are starting to question its extent and gravity, and if the numbers were really blown out of proportion to help the Jewish case for a homeland.

There's more "real" Nazi loot in the West, than the alleged one in the Vatican, Racer

Look up project paperclip. Most of the technology we use today are Nazi technology, stolen and divided by the Allies. You either don't know about this or know about it and are okay with it becoz it's got nothing to do with the Vatican LMAO. I'm putting 1000 bucks on the second one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality