Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 01:34 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,012,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course, all this occurs without purpose because the Oneness cannot change or be affected by time, or in any other way achieve any ultimate consequence since it is already all that can be. If that kind of rationale makes any sense to you, God Bless your heart!
It not only makes sense it brings me immense sense of freedom, peace, and well being.

I am not crazy about the river/lake of fire, Mystic. Do you have a picture of it that you can post?

Old 03-06-2021, 01:45 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It not only makes sense it brings me immense sense of freedom, peace, and well being.
I am not crazy about the river/lake of fire, Mystic. Do you have a picture of it that you can post?
Look for the milky way in the night sky and you will see the one closest to earth and all the suns and planets that comprise it. Each of those suns is a consuming fire transforming the dark matter background material whose gravity is keeping the galaxy of suns together - a true lake of fire.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:36 PM

23,127 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Out of curiosity, ascan ethnic Jewish background, where did this happen?
Worst thing I ever did was to visit the holocaust museum in Houston, and they had pictures of those children, it has haunted me some 30 years now, worse thing i could ever image. I dont remember what camp it was in.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:53 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Worst thing I ever did was to visit the holocaust museum in Houston, and they had pictures of those children, it has haunted me some 30 years now, worse thing i could ever image. I dont remember what camp it was in.
I know what you mean. We visited a Concentration Camp - Gas Chambers in Austria. I am glad that after the war sone of them were not destroyed so people can witness they apwere real places.

Old 03-07-2021, 01:46 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
What's worse (today) are the Holocaust -deniers. Anything can be questioned, sure. I even questioned covid because I hadn't seen anyone get it, despite nobody here taking any precautions. I was told here by people who knew people who'd got and some of my relatives have had it. I don't deny convincing evidence.

So anything - moon landing, round earth, evolution - is open to question. But - like the Holocaust - the evidence is there and denial has no excuse.

Old 03-07-2021, 05:56 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
What's worse (today) are the Holocaust -deniers. Anything can be questioned, sure. I even questioned covid because I hadn't seen anyone get it, despite nobody here taking any precautions. I was told here by people who knew people who'd got and some of my relatives have had it. I don't deny convincing evidence.

So anything - moon landing, round earth, evolution - is open to question. But - like the Holocaust - the evidence is there and denial has no excuse.
yup ... denial of everything is no excuse ... its a weapon.

How would it look when an atheist takes it too far. Write it down trans, predict how atheist can take that notion (deny everything) and butcher it.

Theist are easy to spot. How would we spot an atheist that is really locked into a statement of belief about god to deep.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:41 AM

It wouldn't look good, Arach, mate. It wouldn't look good at all. It looks bad when theists do it, it looks bad when you do it (like accusing me of hiding). It would look even worse if an atheist did it. However, I'm hard put to think of a Real atheist (there, I've Said It ) doing it, as distinct from the many lying accusations from Theist apologists and their enablers, who of course stubbornly deny that they are doing it.

Old 03-07-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't look good, Arach, mate. It wouldn't look good at all. It looks bad when theists do it, it looks bad when you do it (like accusing me of hiding). It would look even worse if an atheist did it. However, I'm hard put to think of a Real atheist (there, I've Said It ) doing it, as distinct from the many lying accusations from Theist apologists and their enablers, who of course stubbornly deny that they are doing it.
Yeah, I know, its a bad habit of mine. I check to see if the prediction matches what we see and who it actually matches. My way ... all observations are welcome and all belief are welcome. Believe what you want. I would never, ever, say ...

"Sortagod cannot be allowed to pass through inattention or being worn down with constant nagging, because it hands theism the logical default for free. Without their having to produce anything but fallacious arguments."

By the way, I don't accuse you personally of hiding. I should be more clear about you, thats a my bad. You knowingly hide facts that don't support your belief to sway people.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Yeah, I know, its a bad habit of mine. I check to see if the prediction matches what we see and who it actually matches. My way ... all observations are welcome and all belief are welcome. Believe what you want. I would never, ever, say ...

"Sortagod cannot be allowed to pass through inattention or being worn down with constant nagging, because it hands theism the logical default for free. Without their having to produce anything but fallacious arguments."
Maybe you should say it, because it's a perfectly valid point and tactic.

Quote:
By the way, I don't accuse you personally of hiding.
Oh good; I shall quote you the next time you do it.

Quote:
I should be more clear about you, thats a my bad. You knowingly hide facts that don't support your belief to sway people.
Feel free to reveal any facts I don't reveal.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should say it, because it's a perfectly valid point and tactic.
Oh good; I shall quote you the next time you do it. Feel free to reveal any facts I don't reveal.
Its not as valid a point as "look at all evidence and lines of logic in discussing beliefs." Sure, to you, you don't see it. "Valid tactic" I guess lying, cheating, and stealing is valid. sure. One can say that. Morals are not objective are they.

Yeah, we know what happens when I use the evidence for my beliefs. That are in any textbook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality