Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 11:48 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,713,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
But it is certainly interesting.

When people are clinically dead, lots of people say they are hovering above their bodies and walking around.

But on the other hand when people are clinically dead, a lot of them say they experience nothing whatsoever.

There are lots of people that swear they've seen ghosts of people.

My brother is saying that the people that experience themselves hovering over their bodies and walking around are people who's egos cannot accept death at all and it creates a distortion between the physical world and the spiritual world, which is why they are hovering outside of their bodies and is the reason the living see them from time to time.

The people that say they experienced nothing are the ones that have come to complete terms with death setting their egos to the side, thus no distortion between the physical realm and spiritual realm.
No. Sorry. Wrong...

I can't remember when or where I read a study about this, but it was a real scientifically monitored study that involved thousands of people to establish a very high confidence level with respect to the results. Turns out those who have been determined clinically dead but did not have much to eat before that determination was made were the ones who found themselves floating above their bodies. These people were lighter than those who had eaten very full meals before dying. Those people with the additional weight of what they had eaten were not light enough to float above their bodies.

Sorry I can't provide the link or source of this study, but it's proven to be true over these many years because there has not been any evidence or proof it is NOT true. As such, a truth that's about as convincing as it gets...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 12:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Another 'theory' could be the folks, as nice a they are, might not have 'handled seeing anything'.
We receive what is 'right' for us. My exp.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:22 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just guessing. If you are a Star Trek fan, it is the equivalent of wearing a red shirt signaling that you are an expendable extra in this Reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That doesn't explain anything. It is just a bad analogy. Or are you arguing that seeing Nothing when you are 'out' means that you are coming to a bad end after one dies? What is so wrong about 'Oblivion?' An eternal 'lie in'.
That tends to be the case with "guessing," Arq! Let's face it, we do not know and are unlikely to know until we actually experience death by which time we will no longer be able to communicate it to anyone here.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:18 PM

239 posts, read 134,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
My brother is saying that the people that experience themselves hovering over their bodies and walking around are people who's egos cannot accept death at all and it creates a distortion between the physical world and the spiritual world, which is why they are hovering outside of their bodies and is the reason the living see them from time to time.
The people that say they experienced nothing are the ones that have come to complete terms with death setting their egos to the side, thus no distortion between the physical realm and spiritual realm.

Good point..
It could tie in with what Jesus said about how rich men will find it almost impossible to get into heaven.
Living a rich life of luxury means they're so attached to their worldly wealth that they don't want to die and leave it.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:30 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That tends to be the case with "guessing," Arq! Let's face it, we do not know and are unlikely to know until we actually experience death by which time we will no longer be able to communicate it to anyone here.
That seems a probable outcome.

Old 03-28-2021, 05:44 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
I was dead for 13 billion years before I became alive in 1980.

I don’t remember anything before 1980, not even Disco. So there seems to be a strong correlation between the existence of my body and the existence of my consciousness. So it’s probably true that when you die, you die. There’s no afterlife, just like there’s no “beforelife.”

Old 03-29-2021, 06:17 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

I don’t remember anything before 1980, not even Disco. So there seems to be a strong correlation between the existence of my body and the existence of my consciousness. So it’s probably true that when you die, you die. There’s no afterlife, just like there’s no “beforelife.”
Disco? I can remember a time when there wasn't even rock music. There was classics and jazz and what we might call 'theatre -songs'. 'Rock was really Bessie Smith that needed playing at twice the pace. Chuck Berry and the like hadn't been heard of.

And back to topic.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:54 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:

Sorry wrong again or at least not necessarily...

It may be that you weren't dead all that time but were just recently born (in 1980) for the first time. It's this first life you are living now that you will remember in your next. That, or you don't remember your past lives too well. That happens.

Old 04-07-2021, 03:49 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Sorry wrong again or at least not necessarily...

It may be that you weren't dead all that time but were just recently born (in 1980) for the first time. It's this first life you are living now that you will remember in your next. That, or you don't remember your past lives too well. That happens.
I don’t have any memory of past lives...as a human, animal, virus, rock, iPhone, or anything else.

Old 04-07-2021, 04:46 PM

691 posts, read 641,168 times
Quote:

That's funny, but if you were dead for 13 billions years before you became alive, then you must have been alive before in order to have died, because death is the cessation of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality