Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2021, 10:23 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Sure, Bubba. I guess we're done here.
Done??!! You never started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 12:46 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Just curious if any theists can answer this. Any claim in science, right or wrong, has religion come up with a BETTER answer to the claim?
I'm curious why some atheists have a viewpoint that religion and science are competitors.

They're not

They answer different questions

Even learned men from centuries ago knew this

"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go."-Galileo Galilei

Old 02-27-2021, 04:07 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
I'm curious why some atheists have a viewpoint that religion and science are competitors.

They're not

"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go."-Galileo Galilei
Except religion has to change it's answers because of what science finds. A constantly changing 'truth' is not a real truth.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:29 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:

They're not

Religion seems to change answers and do things to meet its statement of belief about god. Look at how you defend your faith and look to see if any atheist use the same line of logic.

I dont know what religion you follow but ...

"died and rose for our sins.", if I can get a person to believe that I have them right where I want them. I just need to find the trigger point that lead them down that path and use it again.

"salvation through love, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness." Science will support that. I think, I haven't looked but I bet it would. You can even believe in some thing. Like a living universe and believe it. There are plenty of science people that would be ok with that. Even if they say "I don't think so yet."

"The only way to salvation is through Jesus died and rose for our sins". Literally? Absolutely not. I make a positive claim that did not happen.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:55 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Except religion has to change it's answers because of what science finds. A constantly changing 'truth' is not a real truth.
Careful, Harry. Read differently it is awkward. "Except science has to change its answers because of what science finds. A constantly changing 'truth' is not a real truth." See the problem?

Old 02-27-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Careful, Harry. Read differently it is awkward. "Except science has to change its answers because of what science finds. A constantly changing 'truth' is not a real truth." See the problem?
yup. They take "lack belief", its not really lack belief, to an almost mythical level. They are fighting "something" using a statement of belief about god. That's why its a fail.

Science is changings its answers. All the time. That is a good thing.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:32 AM

1,799 posts, read 561,692 times
Quote:

They're not

Because some theists try to deny certain parts of science when science doesn't fit their religious beliefs.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:59 AM

Default Has religion ever come up with a better answer than science?

They aren't addressing the same questions.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Because some theists try to deny certain parts of science when science doesn't fit their religious beliefs.
Hey ... more proof that atheist and theist do have similar thought process. stop any data that doesn't support their beliefs. lmao ... I totally get running away. Some atheist and theist have to do it or they think they will ... l

Old 02-27-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
You mean like you and the atheists here are doing with the so-called "natural" evidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Hey ... more proof that atheist and theist do have similar thought process. stop any data that doesn't support their beliefs. lmao ... I totally get running away. Some atheist and theist have to do it or they think they will ... l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality