Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 09:22 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, you have been quite successful in locking down theist beliefs and isolating all but the eminently refutable and irrational ones insulating atheism from any genuine dispute. You get to preach your atheism as if it is a default on every topic while criticizing and reporting me for doing the same with my theism. That you seem proud of that and do not even recognize the dishonesty and lack of decency it represents reveals a despicable hatred of theism that degrades what little soul some of you atheists seem to have. How on earth can you possibly doubt the sincerity of my theism, Arq?????
I have done nothing of the kind (since being told to pack it in - I have Not reported anyone since then). Whatever has locked you down after that has been your own disregard for the rules.

I do not doubt the sincerity of your theism or even the actuality of your experience. I doubt the correctness of your interpretation of that experience, the validity of your 'theory', the soundness of your reasoning and even the honesty of your debating tactics. I have said all this so often that I'm amazed that I have to repeat it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 09:35 AM

63,566 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Yes, you have been quite successful in locking down theist beliefs and isolating all but the eminently refutable and irrational ones insulating atheism from any genuine dispute. You get to preach your atheism as if it is a default on every topic while criticizing and reporting me for doing the same with my theism. That you seem proud of that and do not even recognize the dishonesty and lack of decency it represents reveals a despicable hatred of theism that degrades what little soul some of you atheists seem to have. How on earth can you possibly doubt the sincerity of my theism, Arq?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I have done nothing of the kind (since being told to pack it in - I have Not reported anyone since then). Whatever has locked you down after that has been your own disregard for the rules.
The "you" was a generic "you" referring to the atheists here. In whatever manner you atheists or the forum admins accomplished it, the so-called forum rules do exactly what I described and are just as heinous and unconscionable as I describe.
Quote:
I do not doubt the sincerity of your theism or even the actuality of your experience. I doubt the correctness of your interpretation of that experience, the validity of your 'theory', the soundness of your reasoning and even the honesty of your debating tactics. I have said all this so often that I'm amazed that I have to repeat it.
You have accused me repeatedly of dishonesty without once justifying it with evidence other than your misunderstanding, misinterpretations, or just plain ignorance of the facts to pretend that science supports your atheism answers. You are free to use your ignorance of science to doubt whatever you wish, but pretending to actually judge the correctness, soundness, or validity of my views from that ignorance is beyond the pale.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:35 AM

16,629 posts, read 15,580,631 times
Quote:
I certainly recall an instruction to posters on Christianity not to claim that others were 'Not Real Christians'. The effort that I seem to recall was to try to stop atheists posting contentious posts on Christianity because...well, we can guess.
No, no, no. That is to keep one Christian from saying another Christian isn't doing Christianity right. Without that rule, the Baptists can say the Methodists aren't really Christians, and the Presbyterians can say the Episcopalians aren't either. That rule predates my time as a moderator.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:41 AM

50,463 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
If they had had their way, this would have become an annexe of Christianity. But ut has become something of an annexe of A/A. (Atheists almighty) and we could have had Chrstianity, too, but the Christian disapproval of that was loud (they tried to have us banned from posting there ) and so I keep out of it.
I pretty much stay out of the christianity sub-forum.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I had no idea that Transponder had that much power and influence over others.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:10 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
No, no, no. That is to keep one Christian from saying another Christian isn't doing Christianity right. Without that rule, the Baptists can say the Methodists aren't really Christians, and the Presbyterians can say the Episcopalians aren't either. That rule predates my time as a moderator.
Yes I know. That wasn't atheists doing that. I mentioned it because I thought (evidently mistakenly) you might have had that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
100 Reps and I grant you three wishes.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:20 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,521,721 times
Quote:
you anti-religious crusaders guys have us at a disadvantage., You can say stuff, we can't. That alone is the proof that you are wrong.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:28 AM

63,566 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
I explained that the "you" was a generic reference to the atheists in the forum, phet. Pay closer attention!

Old 03-10-2021, 10:41 AM

1,799 posts, read 558,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Have you read the rules in the sub-forums?
The ones I go into,yes

Old 03-10-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I explained that the "you" was a generic reference to the atheists in the forum, phet. Pay closer attention!
Here's what you said: "Yes, you have been quite successful in locking down theist beliefs and isolating all but the eminently refutable and irrational ones insulating atheism from any genuine dispute. You get to preach your atheism as if it is a default on every topic while criticizing and reporting me for doing the same with my theism. That you seem proud of that and do not even recognize the dishonesty and lack of decency it represents reveals a despicable hatred of theism that degrades what little soul some of you atheists seem to have. How on earth can you possibly doubt the sincerity of my theism, Arq?????"

It seems to be directed at Transponder with one phrase being directed to a larger audience, and then you end with "Arq".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality