Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 08:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Advertisements

Mine is to live a good life and be a positive role model for my sons. I've tried to do so by demonstrating to them the importance of honesty, fairness, understanding, and tolerance. And I've tried to teach them that failing is not a "sin" but not trying, is.

And I've also taught them that it's ok to be angry at things/people/customs that aren't right and ok to want to challenge and change them.

What matters most to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 05:22 AM

7,596 posts, read 4,166,702 times
Nice topic, TroutDude.

What matters most to me is to trust where I am at right now, which is the sum of all the things you have tried to do for your sons, I try to do as well for my daughter. She is a happy girl which is the complete opposite of what I was when I was her age. It has been a long road undertaking the themes of honesty, fairness, understanding, and tolerance not only of other people but of my own emotions. Insecurity has made it difficult to learn how to respect my own feelings and thoughts.

But I made those first steps with the support I have received here on City-data. Even though those first steps were done alone, there was a trust there I hadn't experienced and it stayed with me. This must be the feeling little children have when every first step is cheered and applauded, where every failure is seen as an opportunity to learn, where every word uttered is looking out for you and after you. It stays with you even as people move on with their lives, but I want my daughter to have a chance at that feeling. And so I have tried to accomplish that.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,047 times
The most important thing in my life is rescuing the dog and also give shelter to them .

Thank you
Cuion technologies

Old 11-28-2020, 06:07 AM

762 posts, read 452,771 times
God has a plan for me, so I want to align my will to His.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:17 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
To stay healthy and not run out of money before I die. We have poured our best into the children, and they are on their own, so now DH and I just focus on ourselves.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:43 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,172,858 times
100% my kids. I'd give up my life for them. They are my primary job, my purpose. Someone once said you are only as happy as your unhappiest child and it's so true. I've tried to give them a good education, to be open minded, to be kind, to be loving.
My husband comes next. I can't ever see life without him.. He's self sufficient so I don't have to worry so much about him, but I still put his needs before my own. I have always thought of him as my protector, but at the height of the pandemic in New York it was my turn to protect him. I was a) concerned for his safety and b) he's been doing vitally important work and I felt I needed to keep him safe for the good of others. Sounds overly dramatic but he was part of the team that developed the Regeneron antibody - the one that Trump says saved his life - and will hopefully help save many other lives.
In every aspect, I put myself way down the pecking order but I'm getting better these days at looking after me.

Last edited by Cruithne; 11-28-2020 at 10:20 AM..

Old 11-28-2020, 11:12 AM

15,980 posts, read 7,044,200 times
Like others who have expressed, I view my most important purpose is being mother to my children. That is my purpose. It has not been easy raising them and struggling through the various stages of their lives. But we now have two wonderful, thoughtful, compassionate human beings out in the world, beautiful inside and out, who bring us great joy and meaning to our lives. I am always there for them and they know it.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:46 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,879,375 times
What is important to me is to be able to live my life in accordance with what I believe to be true and right for myself, if not necessarily true and right for others. And also to try my best (although I may not always succeed) to live in harmony with those who believe differently from me.

Old 11-28-2020, 12:17 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Similar to what others have indicated, raising my daughter to be a person of good character and compassion for others has been the most important thing of my life. As a matter of fact, when she reached college age, I felt for a time that my life was pretty much over because I was finished with the only thing I'd ever done in my life that was of value. As it turned out, the most difficult part of motherhood was yet to come, and that taught me that being her parent will not be finished until the day I hit the dust.

But now, it does seem as if I was successful with my basic goal. She is indeed a person of good character and compassion for others, and the rest is out of my hands except to be there for support when I am needed.

Other than motherhood, what's important to me is to continue to search and find my connection with this world and those who dwell therein in the time I have left.

Old 11-28-2020, 12:24 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
Most people will say their kids but I Never had any kids. So money my mom and wife . Ive never really mistreated people and have always been easy going so I can't say I have ever been a "bad person" or inherently bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality