Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2021, 05:48 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What witch hunt, what are you talking about. Arach has several times talked about people coming to him asking about religion and science at work. I always wondered who these people are who talk of religion ar work places and now he said he teaches science, his job. Where in college, in school? Is it a religious institution?
I value Arach’s thoughts and posts, but i am confused as to who he is talking about. I cannot imagine a regular school where students have conflict between religion and science in a SCIENCE class. He does not have to respond but if he offers information somebody is going to ask. It is a curious thing.
The witch hunt you and Tzaph are engaged in trying to misuse what Arach said to indict him for talking about religion in science class which is NOT what he ever said. Tzaph is particularly disingenuous and deceptive in trying to paint that particular picture. Both of you need to back off. He is not your enemy but you are both acting like your own worst enemies. You are doing your reputations and your beliefs no good whatsoever. Stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 05:49 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The witch hunt you and Tzaph are engaged in trying to misuse what Arach said to indict him for talking about religion in science class which is NOT what he ever said. Tzaph is particularly disingenuous and deceptive in trying to paint that particular picture. Both of you need to back off. He is not your enemy but you are both acting like your own worst enemies. You are doing your reputations and your beliefs no good whatsoever. Stop it.
Hanlon's razor Mystic.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 03-21-2021 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: I've had to use it on you a few times.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Too many navel-gazers speak in code instead of using plain words that most understand.

A similar condition is found in snake-oil, used-car, and insurance salespeople, as well as preachers, politicians, despots, and cult leaders.

Just sayin'.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:31 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
You are totally mischaracterizing this, nobody is trying to do anything to Arach. He always has interesting things to say. But it is a curious thing about people always asking him things and how he sets them right. And then he said he is a science teacher. He can choose to be clear instead of mysterious. In any case he does not owe anyone any answers. He can be inscrutable as always. Like Advaita which he totally gets unlike you.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:35 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Thanks, but its ok.

I shy away from saying my credentials because i love when people tell me I am wrong or its not science, or go to the science forum. That tells me right away they don't know what they are talking about. But boy do they love telling me I am wrong. it kind of makes me laugh.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:03 PM

22,174 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Hanlon's razor Mystic.
"Hanlon's razor is a principle or rule of thumb that states 'never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.' "

what is it that you are wanting to say?

Old 03-21-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Thanks, but its ok. I shy away from saying my credentials because i love when people tell me I am wrong or its not science, or go to the science forum. That tells me right away they don't know what they are talking about. But boy do they love telling me I am wrong. it kind of makes me laugh.
we would love to hear "your credentials" (or anyone's) with regards to the thread topic which is practice of non-duality / Advaita in daily life, specifically in these areas, from the opening post:

Quote:
If you are into Non-Duality or Advaita Vedanta, do you practice it in your daily life?
How long have you been studying, learning the philosophy?
When and how did you first get interested?
Do you pray? Do you pray to a deity?
How is your meditation going? Are you trying to reach something?
Do you feel practicing/learning has had an effect on you?

Old 03-21-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
You are totally mischaracterizing this, nobody is trying to do anything to Arach. He always has interesting things to say. But it is a curious thing about people always asking him things and how he sets them right. And then he said he is a science teacher. He can choose to be clear instead of mysterious. In any case he does not owe anyone any answers. He can be inscrutable as always. Like Advaita which he totally gets unlike you.
bold above, i agree. He shows a sincere interest in discussing many and varied elements, and genuinely engages in discussion. Those are positive contributions to the forum, and to this thread. We're all here because we are interested in the topic in one way or another, and his presence enhances the discussion for all.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-21-2021 at 08:56 PM..

Old 03-22-2021, 01:45 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
"Hanlon's razor is a principle or rule of thumb that states 'never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.' "

what is it that you are wanting to say?
I was originally misunderstandings but yes, I like that version of it.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:18 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
bold above, i agree. He shows a sincere interest in discussing many and varied elements, and genuinely engages in discussion. Those are positive contributions to the forum, and to this thread. We're all here because we are interested in the topic in one way or another, and his presence enhances the discussion for all.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality