Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2021, 08:53 AM

22,148 posts, read 19,198,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It isn't ... but it helps. What to keep in mind is 'choose your battles'. We are not here to entertain Goldie or anyone else, and, unless there is good reason to fillet or blast some post of a habitual fiddler - for God, it's best ignored. Being treated as invisible upsets them far worse than slamming.
now that's funny. perhaps that is why atheists get so upset.

i find it bizarre and not the least bit rational, and yes entertaining
that someone who rejects a group or an ideology as having no value, as being dishonest and primitive and barbaric and superstitious and mentally ill and delusional, that those who reject all that, then go to that very same group and demand to be seen and heard and valued and recognized.

that would be like after someone divorces their husband or wife, runs fast and far from the crazy inlaws, then shows up knocking on their door and walks into every family reunion and family gathering and family discussion and demands to be listened to and expects to be told what a great person they are.
no matter how someone slices and dices that, it is not reasonable, logical, or rational behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 09:05 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

that someone who rejects a group or an ideology as having no value, as being dishonest and primitive and barbaric and superstitious and mentally ill and delusional, that those who reject all that, then go to that very same group and demand to be seen and heard and valued and recognized.

that would be like after someone divorces their husband or wife, runs fast and far from the crazy inlaws, then shows up knocking on their door and walks into every family reunion and family gathering and family discussion and demands to be listened to and expects to be told what a great person they are.
no matter how someone slices and dices that, it is not reasonable, logical, or rational behavior.
You?

Old 03-16-2021, 09:22 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:

YES! That is what is so entertaining about this board!
It is so uniquely crazy & absurd...it's incredibly amusing!
Your analogy was perfect!

Old 03-16-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I get that, believe me I do. You're kind of a one trick pony tho. Its that all you can do?

Old 03-16-2021, 10:00 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yes, in the past, I naively thought all adults mature. That's not the case as some people can carry unresolved baggage/needs from their past and assign it to others. Placating others while searching for life's truths is quite a nuisance.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:11 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
No, an atheist just needs to say they are an atheist, DING, spotlight.

Last edited by Harry Diogenes; 03-16-2021 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Changed to include female atheists

Old 03-16-2021, 10:23 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I get that, believe me I do. You're kind of a one trick pony tho. Its that all you can do?
I didn't know there was a requirement to "do" something here.
I get out of this board what I get out of it...and insert into the board what I insert. Like everyone else.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yes, in the past, I naively thought all adults mature. That's not the case as some people can carry unresolved baggage/needs from their past and assign it to others. Placating others while searching for life's truths is quite a nuisance.
Why would you go searching for life's truths? Did they go somewhere?

Old 03-16-2021, 10:38 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why would you go searching for life's truths? Did they go somewhere?
How does it feel to 'know it all'? Are you still facing death, like the rest of us?

Old 03-16-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
How does it feel to 'know it all'? Are you still facing death, like the rest of us?
How would I know?

I don't have the death hang up a much a most because I always thought I was going to get destroyed by God any day. Im not saying it doesn't creep me out it all. I just don't have any problem with a future where I dont exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality