Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2021, 11:39 AM

63,755 posts, read 40,011,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yes, in the past, I naively thought all adults mature. That's not the case as some people can carry unresolved baggage/needs from their past and assign it to others. Placating others while searching for life's truths is quite a nuisance.
It was a shock to me to learn that chronological age does not automatically bring any form of maturity except physical. The environment, experiences, and circumstances (what is called nurture) have far more impact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 01:00 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,643,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yes, in the past, I naively thought all adults mature. That's not the case as some people can carry unresolved baggage/needs from their past and assign it to others. Placating others while searching for life's truths is quite a nuisance.
Yes...there are are many that have "issues" from the past that plague them.
Matter of fact...I find that to be a commonality among many here.
Some I even have sympathy for...depending on their circumstances.
I take a kinda rare view...that may, or may not be considered mature: I don't take much issue with what people believe. There are lots of things I believe that many others don't...so, it's reasonable there will be many that believe things I don't.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:16 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,006,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I take a kinda rare view...that may, or may not be considered mature: I don't take much issue with what people believe. There are lots of things I believe that many others don't...so, it's reasonable there will be many that believe things I don't.
That's my m.o. as well.

We live in a world in which people have married (and some have consummated ) the London Bridge, Eiffel Tower, their cars, etc. We should all wisely pick our battles whilst keeping an eye on the life-clock.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:32 PM

15,838 posts, read 6,302,186 times
Quote:
You're really starting to show some depth here. I like it.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:19 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,560,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I disagree. They won't stop proselytizing. We shouldn't stop talking back.
Only stop when the crusade of your atheism is being questioned.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:24 PM

63,755 posts, read 40,011,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You're really starting to show some depth here. I like it.
You would be surprised, L8, of the depth that is there if he would just drop his desired online persona. He enjoys it too much.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I do brain age now not calendar age. child, adolescent, young adult, adult. Just a loose base but it fits. If you were ever in a room of nineth graders gld, this place fits it to a tea.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:41 PM

15,838 posts, read 6,302,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You would be surprised, L8, of the depth that is there if he would just drop his desired online persona. He enjoys it too much.
Shhhhh

Old 03-17-2021, 04:26 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,676,434 times
It's a funny thing but (until recently, when I started to feel my age) I was a 17 year old in a gradually ageing body.

And yet I was learning from experience all the time. Sure I made mistakes, but I would learn from them.

And, since this discussion is only on topic if it is intended as a swipe at atheists, it is rather the anti -atheists (if not politically -motivated anti -secularists) who are doing it, not because they disagree with us or have any valid or coherent 'problem' with us, but it's all either socio - political or vestigial -religious baggage that they are dragging along with them that makes them hate atheism even if they agree with it.

Again, only something I have come across in the US, nowhere else. It's part of your political psyche.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's a funny thing but (until recently, when I started to feel my age) I was a 17 year old in a gradually ageing body.

And yet I was learning from experience all the time. Sure I made mistakes, but I would learn from them.

And, since this discussion is only on topic if it is intended as a swipe at atheists, it is rather the anti -atheists (if not politically -motivated anti -secularists) who are doing it, not because they disagree with us or have any valid or coherent 'problem' with us, but it's all either socio - political or vestigial -religious baggage that they are dragging along with them that makes them hate atheism even if they agree with it.

Again, only something I have come across in the US, nowhere else. It's part of your political psyche.
this aint political.

nor is stating the purpose to be here to stop religion in the united states. To state the claim we are not here to discuss other options on beliefs. That you are only here to discuss a no deities. If it doesn't fit your definition or help your crusade to stop religion, its boring.

I need to work on being less political and follow your crusade guide lines on not being political.

Do have a list of non political stances we can follow in terms of this forums intent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality