Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2021, 11:57 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
Nah because my commonsense tells me Islam is a dead duck..
I like what Buddha said- "Believe nothing, no matter who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense"

Back to scientists- They estimate there are thousands of intelligent civilisations in the universe, and as Jesus said "I am not of this world", my commonsense tells me that he could be a genuine alien visitor, especially as he had superpowers to do that miracle stuff..

So evidence has no meaning to you.

You believe things that are with you and disagree with things that don't.

Useless to have conversations with you then.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:07 PM

239 posts, read 134,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So evidence has no meaning to you.
You believe things that are with you and disagree with things that don't.
Useless to have conversations with you then.

This thread is called "Believers hatred of atheism" but I don't know any Christian who hates atheists, so the thread is wrong right from the start..

In contrast, plenty of atheists hate Christians, we see it in the news all the time-

Old 03-17-2021, 12:10 PM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Tell that to Cyril..
Let me introduce you guys to 'Cyril', he was a grass seed (top pic) that I placed on a moist tissue pad and kept moistening it, and within a week he'd sprouted, bless his little heart (bott pic).
And note how he cleverly sent out thin filaments to soak up the water.
My point is that scientists can analyse a seed and list all its chemical components etc, but they can't actually MAKE one, so until they can, they're playing second fiddle to God who can..
Scientists are limited in what they can do, therefore your particular god (and no other) exists.

I see a small flaw in that argument. Whereas my argument is supported by mathematics.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:18 PM

50,790 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
If little old ladies are dumb enough to donate big bucks to smarmy evangelists, they're not dumb enough to refuse to rake it in..
Most modern churches have an advertising budget.

You need to start being more honest about christianity.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:26 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Most modern churches have an advertising budget.

You need to start being more honest about christianity.
And more emphathy towards his elders-

It seems to me that those who are against atheism for just simply existing are the least Christ like in their words but the strongest supporters of Jesus in their claims

AND Tap this iscale generalization, 8M surecyou may findicate a believer whow is bother agains atheism aND has some emphathy. ☺

Old 03-17-2021, 12:29 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Is anyone else playing fallacy bingo?
Mystics plays phallacy bingo. Ask him about his monkey.

Old 03-17-2021, 12:47 PM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

Old 03-17-2021, 12:56 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times
A believer expects that his bad deeds, if not punished in the material world, will be punished in the afterlife, hence his bad behavior is restrained.

A non-believer* has no intrinsic restraint on his bad behavior, knowing that he need only escape punishment for his depredations.

Of the two, which one would you like to have as your neighbor?

(*Non-believers may include those who make a pretense of belief, to blend in with their victims.)

Old 03-17-2021, 01:07 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Scientists are limited in what they can do, therefore your particular god (and no other) exists.
I see a small flaw in that argument. Whereas my argument is supported by mathematics.
You really have issues understanding the actual status of the things you rely on. Science is limited because of its requirement to measure. Mathematics is a human-created artifice with a human-established rubric of rules and metrics for manipulating those measures to predict or mimic outcomes from Reality. You mistakenly see the measurements (which are "events") and the mathematics as what is going on in Reality. But they are what is going on in our artificial metric space that is entirely the product of our consciousness. When the outcomes, in Reality, match the predictions in the math we can be pleased but not assume isotropy in the other direction.

Old 03-17-2021, 01:09 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
?????? What the hell are you talking about, L8?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality