Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2022, 09:37 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I understand your synthesis enough to have not accepted it nor do I believe you when you claim it is supported by science. You may have used some science to get your ideas but the conclusions are just yours
This clearly indicates you haven't a clue what my Synthesis actually is nor why it is supported by science. I doubt I can correct your ignorance and there is no point in trying. You obviously haven't the capacity to comprehend what I present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2022, 09:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
What's interesting is that from the video shared, there is nothing to indicate he's a Christian. He doesn't seem to argue for it.
Would him not being a Christian even change one word in the Bible.

Its kind of difficult to really understand his personal.position or what was said by the previous speaker. Even though most of the terrible rules for slavery are in the OT, is it not the same God. And you were one of the main posters i meant when i stated Christians have extreme difficulties trying to claim that slavery in the Bible was not real slavery as it was practiced in the 1700 and 1800.I

Slavery as described in your Bible certainly does not disprove the existence of any Gids including the God of the Bible but it makes it much more difficult to make the case for your Bible being the source of our morality.

And i bet you can never come out and plainly state that the Bible got that wrong. And to be perfectly clear in these posts i have only been addressing what your Bible claims are Gids words about slavery. I am not addressing if there has been misinterpretailon of his words or if God is not good ir even if he exists, just the problem of the words and the gymnastics believers such as yourself need to go through to reconsile the actual words and what you know is immoral.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:54 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This clearly indicates you haven't a clue what my Synthesis actually is nor why it is supported by science. I doubt I can correct your ignorance and there is no point in trying. You obviously haven't the capacity to comprehend what I present.
This is sort of what you always say when people don't find your extrapolations truly scientific. If an excessive ego is a sin, you're doomed.

Old 02-13-2022, 03:59 AM

16,761 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yeah...and being of Italian descent, one could bust on all my ancestors for the things we now consider so almost unbelievably heinous.
From conquering other people's and taking all they have and enslaving them, to torturing people to death in the most barbaric way for petty "crimes", to throwing people to be eaten by lions for entertainment, to drunken feasts & wild orgies, and even having your best soldiers fight to the death in public---as a '"show" for them.
The Romans covered all the bases of brutality and depravity...by today's standards.
Back then...it was just "regular/typical society" for them.
Because Christians using text from 2000 years ago is identical to Italians NOT using text from 2000 years ago.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:06 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Because Christians using text from 2000 years ago is identical to Italians NOT using text from 2000 years ago.
And miserable, hateful people busting on others for their differing beliefs is the same at any time...it's always messed up.
And noting how messed up that is, is the same at any time...that's always cool.
Figure out where you dwell in that equation.
Again...I suggest the Prayer Thread for you. It can't hurt, and it just might help ya.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:18 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This is sort of what you always say when people don't find your extrapolations truly scientific. If an excessive ego is a sin, you're doomed.
Mystic posting to a interweb forum titled Religion and Spirituality as per his perception of God & his Beliefs about it, is reasonable, sensible, and puts forth a nice vibe.
You busting on him, and interrogating him about his perception and beliefs, every day, for years on end...when his perception/beliefs do not affect you, anyone, or anything else negatively in any way...is indicative of, well, you know.
I suggest the Prayer Thread for you...it can't hurt and it might help you.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:05 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Would him not being a Christian even change one word in the Bible.
The title of the thread is "Christian defends slavery in public hearing". If he isn't a Christian, then the title of the thread is a lie. I don't see any Christian defending it.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The title of the thread is "Christian defends slavery in public hearing". If he isn't a Christian, then the title of the thread is a lie. I don't see any Christian defending it.
And what evidence do you see that he is not a Christian? Statistically he is more likely a Christian than not. You seem quick to reject your fellow American as Christian when it suits your narrative.

I do agree he never said he was and the video is to short to know what he was responding to however was he not accurate he what he said about Christianity and the Bible? I'd not that the most important aspect of the video?

Old 02-13-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh yes if we were only clever enough to understand your synthesis we would accept it whole handedly ? What a crock. I am smart enough to see what a person is bullying to end disagreement and why you are so quick to insult, mock and name call to those who do not accept your snake oil.

I am not of as low mental capacity as you believe I am. I truly understand why you claim it is supported by science but also why it really isn't.

It is difficult to have a conversation with an egotistical bully who lacks the ability to understand that not all see his ramblings as masterpiece of a mix of science, revelations, logic and bull as a truth or whatever word you think is most affective.

At least I know that your comments about me or my mental capacity are simply just your opinion and your opinions are now nothing more than garbage in my opinion.

If your synthesis was so supported by science why constantly post in a forum dedicated to not science.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:57 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,915,420 times
Quote:
Slavery as described in your Bible certainly does not disprove the existence of any Gids including the God of the Bible but it makes it much more difficult to make the case for your Bible being the source of our morality.
The Bible does contain moral teachings, but it is not the source of morality. The source of Goodness and the standard for morality is God Himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality