Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2021, 03:14 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
In one thing, and one thing alone, you are correct. I don't see anything at all when there isn't anything at all to see.

In the realm of gods and religion, well there really isn't anything at all to see.

As far s knowing Don Quixote, you do NOW.

I will leave you with this.

Not seeing anything when there is nothing to see, is NOT blindness. (Me)

Seeing something when there really is NOThing to see, isn't being sighted. (You).
The bolded is exactly what some blind people may say to the vast majority sighted.
They think there is nothing to see, because they can't see it. They think the sighted are lying, and there actually is NOthing to see.
Are they correct? What is the truth?
It is the same truth about perceiving God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 03:59 PM

50,804 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You must be working off your own frame of reference.
You worked around the kiddies too long...they rubbed off on you.
I don't roll like that. That's for those that have a standard of nasty insults & puerile invectives.
I'm serious.
I, like most (and that would be MOST) of the people who have ever lived perceive a God Entity...the same way people perceive things through a sense of sight.
Most people have vision, and are able to perceive things by way of that sense...just as most people can perceive a God Entity through their sense of perception. Few lack either ability...most have both. Except for a few...which does nothing to negate the ability of most others.
You know that, right?
My point is -- just because you say it, doesn't mean it's true. You seem to lack that ability -- to understand that other people's views are just as valid as yours. And so you put them down...intellectually. Well, it's a fail.

And when you say, "I, like most (and that would be MOST) of the people who have ever lived..."...do you really want to go by majority rule? Majority rule has led this world into almost every war that ever occurred. Majority rule led us into slavery. Majority rule led us into the Indian wars of the 1800s (and before). Majority rule led us into the AMERICAN concentration camps of WWII. Majority rule is why we are in the middle of a bloodletting via uncontrolled guns. Majority rule is why too many people of one particular race in this country are dying at the hands of some police. Just because "most of the people who have ever lived" believed something about a god, doesn't mean it's right.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
My point is -- just because you say it, doesn't mean it's true. You seem to lack that ability -- to understand that other people's views are just as valid as yours. And so you put them down...intellectually. Well, it's a fail.

And when you say, "I, like most (and that would be MOST) of the people who have ever lived..."...do you really want to go by majority rule? Majority rule has led this world into almost every war that ever occurred. Majority rule led us into slavery. Majority rule led us into the Indian wars of the 1800s (and before). Majority rule led us into the AMERICAN concentration camps of WWII. Majority rule is why we are in the middle of a bloodletting via uncontrolled guns. Majority rule is why too many people of one particular race in this country are dying at the hands of some police. Just because "most of the people who have ever lived" believed something about a god, doesn't mean it's right.
For some reason you have gotten all political...and you are gettin all tweaked out.
I will be glad to explain how & why most people are harmed, and how to save the most people in the U.S...but on another forum.
As I explained before, with an analogy...if I perceive someone to be my "friend", or a 'hero" to me...it does not matter if you, a group, or everyone else but me, does not view them as a friend/hero...that does not negate my perception and the designation that imbues.
Your views are only valid to YOU...they do not change anything.
I know you have some illogical preconceived notion that it does, and you try to twist facts to fit it...but it DOESN'T.
My friend is STILL a "friend"...the person I perceive as a hero is STILL a "hero"...and what I perceive as God to me, is STILL a "God". No matter what your view is.
Once I perceive something as God...it then IS a God Entity.
I know you want your view to be able to change that...but, it doesn't. It only changes it for you.
And if what I perceive as a God Entity exists...then God exists.
Now...if you want to get specific and say "Thor" or "Ra" does not actually exist, beyond a representative symbol...then we can get down to the nitty gritty. But you don't/ won't do that.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:32 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:
The bolded is exactly what some blind people may say to the vast majority sighted.
They think there is nothing to see, because they can't see it. They think the sighted are lying, and there actually is NOthing to see.
Are they correct? What is the truth?
It is the same truth about perceiving God!
Grow (your posts) up. They are infantile.You post rubbish and then call other who disagree "blind".

Old 04-18-2021, 08:37 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:
You must be working off your own frame of reference.
Well, duh!!!!

Old 04-18-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Well, duh!!!!
I know. It's such common sense.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Well, duh!!!!
Finally...a one-word synopsis of your arguments!

Old 04-19-2021, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Finally...a one-word synopsis of your arguments!
What were you saying earlier about, "You worked around the kiddies too long...they rubbed off on you.
I don't roll like that. That's for those that have a standard of nasty insults & puerile invectives."

Old 04-19-2021, 12:23 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would have said just because Brutus says it over and over and over and over and over and over and over, that does not mean it is true; and that he lacks the ability to understand other peoples points of view are more valid than his.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:24 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This advice is appropriate for yourself, Harry. Heed it!
At least my arguments are logically and scientifically sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality