Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 06:36 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,382,111 times

Advertisements

24hrs? Sell all my crap real quick and put every penny into BitCoin
- should be worth a kings ransom when I'm back/resurrected!!!

J/K

Kinda been thru this drill for real already once;
and I very wisely immediately 'settled all loose ends' when I 'came back' - some of that was very painful!
This time, I would use remaining time to remind all my loved ones to be happy for me, not sad,
I've already lived 2 wonderful lifetimes with them - and will always be,
and for them to get together and celebrate, knowing that I'll be up there waiting for them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2021, 08:50 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nope, that's just one of the attractions for the people who believe in hell. It's a competition It's no fun for some people to know they won something unless somebody else lost.
The reality of that aspect of humanity just makes you wonder sometimes if the human race isn't actually a pox on the earth.

Old 05-05-2021, 10:58 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
24hrs? Sell all my crap real quick and put every penny into BitCoin
- should be worth a kings ransom when I'm back/resurrected!!!

J/K

Kinda been thru this drill for real already once;
and I very wisely immediately 'settled all loose ends' when I 'came back' - some of that was very painful!
This time, I would use remaining time to remind all my loved ones to be happy for me, not sad,
I've already lived 2 wonderful lifetimes with them - and will always be,
and for them to get together and celebrate, knowing that I'll be up there waiting for them!
Lol, when you are back resurrected, funny.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:21 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How do you spend them?

One of life's great gifts is the lack of foreknowledge of the exact time, and cause, of our deaths.

What if we knew - without question - we'd be dead in 24 hours but are otherwise as healthy as we are this moment?

I imagine many believers would contact their pastor/priest. Perhaps attend a service if possible. Most, I'm certain, would set aside time to pray.

I would notify my sons, my SO, my siblings, and my two life-long friends - in the hopes we could all get together. If seasonable, we'd gather outside with libations, lots of laughter and wonderful smells emanating from the bbq.

When the time came, I'd kiss and hug and cry my goodbyes and go sit in the chair at the end of my dock with a dram of my good tequila.

Then I'd toast the universe and wait.
I have a list of ideas I've been working on for years. I'd organize them, send them off to as many discussion websites as possible and place, "Ima' be dead soon. You've got to listen to me, or I'll haunt you," in the title, where possible. On citi-data, that would probably be deleted, so I'd avoid that title here. That's what would make me feel good in my last moments, the view that I could get a lot of attention through dying and bragging about it.

That's what's important to me...finding some way to alter society as much as possible. That's my big goal - not friends or family. That's it. I'd also like to make sure my family sees that stuff, so they could see what I've been doing for all these years. Everybody keeps saying it's a waste of time, trying to alter society dramatically and change culture dramatically. I intend to find some way to do it, or fail in the attempt but keep attempting.

Old 05-13-2021, 04:27 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
the problem is who's society is better? The only data I have is looking at the countries involved and see who is doing what.

In the old days crazies were isolated. With the net, much like a brain, crazy thoughts can form into action.

Its just how can we sort out who is who.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:38 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the problem is who's society is better? The only data I have is looking at the countries involved and see who is doing what.

In the old days crazies were isolated. With the net, much like a brain, crazy thoughts can form into action.

Its just how can we sort out who is who.
Yeah...but I figure that if we can't evolve ways of becoming resistant to that crazy we're doomed anyway, and I don't know why we wouldn't be able to eventually, perhaps faster the more we come into contact with it.

What I'm hoping is that the modern rise in crazy internet-based conspiracy theories spreading is a side-effect of all this new access to abundant knowledge. I can't know for sure...but if we do have a weakness to internet propaganda that will never go away, a solution could be certain forms of internet censorship...which I generally hate because I remember all the death threats that used to occur on the old Youtube, but I also remember the pretty sophisticated discussions that used to happen there too. With the rise in Youtube censorship, we've lost a giant environment that used to primarily revolve around people with different views discussing those views. But if we need extensive censorship...that would at least be a way of spreading some of the good information.

(I sense you're referring to some of my past views I've stated relating to my like of the internet and the greater access to information it brings, and you're applying that to my statements here about wanting to alter culture)

Let's not travel too far down that discussion route though. I didn't get into specifics specifically because I didn't want this thread to turn into a discussion about in what ways we should alter the world. It has a fine purpose already and I'd rather not veer it away from that.

I agree with your concerns....at least for now, though.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:58 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
not many people said give closure to the people around them.

I guess I most be crazy.
That was a humbling post to read. I aspire to be your kind of crazy, AA.

Old 05-20-2021, 05:56 PM

11 posts, read 4,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How do you spend them?

One of life's great gifts is the lack of foreknowledge of the exact time, and cause, of our deaths.

What if we knew - without question - we'd be dead in 24 hours but are otherwise as healthy as we are this moment?

I imagine many believers would contact their pastor/priest. Perhaps attend a service if possible. Most, I'm certain, would set aside time to pray.

I would notify my sons, my SO, my siblings, and my two life-long friends - in the hopes we could all get together. If seasonable, we'd gather outside with libations, lots of laughter and wonderful smells emanating from the bbq.

When the time came, I'd kiss and hug and cry my goodbyes and go sit in the chair at the end of my dock with a dram of my good tequila.

Then I'd toast the universe and wait.
I think alot of people act badly in life and then panic when they know their end is near or they get to the age where they think their end might be close. It's the reality that our end could be at any moment. I believe that the best thing would be to know yourself. The great teacher Nanak said that being good/ practicing Truth and working by the sweat of your brow is good. Practicing Truth in the here and now is best, Jesus said the kingdom of god is here now, and you can already live heaven on earth here by living the Truth, knowing who you truly are. Of course enjoying life while being good is great, we are spiritual beings having a human experience and experiencing and enjoying life on earth, not just in the astral realm is great to do.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:42 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,405,814 times
Say goodbye to those I live, plus spend some time alone in nature to think, reflect back on my life and say goodbye to the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality