Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 09:21 AM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I like you have no fear of oblivion after death, and I do not believe that is what occurs after the body dies. ...............................
I am wondering what you think accurs after the body dies, or where you find such information ______________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 09:37 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I am wondering what you think accurs after the body dies, or where you find such information ______________
I think the body rots away and energy remains. I found this information, during childhood, whilst sitting on the banks of various fish creeks and sometimes it would come to me beforehand whilst digging for earthworms.

Oh! And then there's schooling...."energy can not be destroyed....".

Old 04-23-2021, 09:51 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew 4:4 View Post
no offence taken, yes, every decade seems to think they are the generation
think about this: Never before in man's history have we seen bible fulfillment on such a grand international scale.
We see the selfish distorted form of love the world now displays as described at 2nd timothy 3:1-5,13.
We see the details of luke 21:11 as never before in history, including pandemics.
Luke even uses the adjective ' great ' in describing the types of earthquakes that are happening.
Plus, coupled with bad world-wide conditions, what has been accomplished is the international declaring about the ' good news of god's kingdom ' (daniel 2:44) on a vast global scale as never before in history.
People living in remote areas of earth can now have scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages because of the set up of remote translations offices right there on location where such remote people live.
Remember too: New people are being born each day, and jesus said at matthew 24:14; acts 1:8 that it would be for a witness to the nations, so not every individual has to be reached, but once a person hears about the good news about god's coming kingdom ( thy kingdom come... ) then it is on him to decide.
sos

Old 04-23-2021, 02:16 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
No offence taken, Yes, every decade seems to think they are the generation
Think about this: Never before in man's history have we seen Bible fulfillment on such a grand international scale.
We see the selfish distorted form of love the world now displays as described at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13.
We see the details of Luke 21:11 as never before in history, including pandemics.
Luke even uses the adjective ' great ' in describing the types of earthquakes that are happening.
Plus, coupled with bad world-wide conditions, what has been accomplished is the international declaring about the ' good news of God's kingdom ' (Daniel 2:44) on a vast global scale as never before in history.
People living in remote areas of Earth can now have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages because of the set up of remote translations offices right there on location where such remote people live.
Remember too: new people are being born each day, and Jesus said at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 that it would be for a witness to the nations, so Not every individual has to be reached, but once a person hears about the good news about God's coming kingdom ( thy kingdom come... ) then it is on him to decide.
I bible predicted bad things to happen. I am not sure you are aware of history, its not actually a "prediction", its more like describing what life is.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
My brother got a proceedure.

He's a believer and laughs at me. Well, he woke up and said it felt like no time had past and ask me if I think death is like that.

I said its actually a deeper event than just being put out for a procedure, there is no activity. He was like, oh, their is nothing to fear from that, what's the big deal. I laughed.

Old 04-28-2021, 05:32 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Plenty of NDEs and OBEs along with Remote Viewing and reincarnational tales to give people who are open to 'new ideas'.

Those who have their beliefs already are not going to accept anyone elses - however much 'evidence' there is. Of course, the 'evidence' is not scientific evidence (apart from RV which was investigated at Stanford Research Institute by Russell Targ and Hal Puthoff)

Old 04-28-2021, 09:54 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
Some anthropologists believe that religious beliefs arose not because primitive people were credulous dummies but because they experienced precisely the same phenomena we still do and formulated survival as the most plausible explanation.
Yes, I'm sure near death experiences have occurred and have been described as long as man has been able to communicate their experience.

I suppose these stories are probably part of what has driven the narrative that there is an afterlife.

I'd say this along with the fact that for some reason people think in the afterlife we are going to find out the secrets of the Universe and God and stuff also drives the belief.

Furthermore...everybody wants to be reunited with all their dead relatives.

And finally... most people aren't to enthused about and can't comprehend the concept of oblivion.

Add all this up and an afterlife becomes pretty appealing.

As for me. I'm for oblivion...

Mostly because I won't have to suffer foolish nonsense about stuff like an afterlife in oblivion.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:00 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
Quote:
The belief in an afterlife is no more fueled by ego than is the desire to eat. You either believe it or you do not.

If I believed the grave was the end I certainly wouldn't waste time with those who thought otherwise...there's so much stuff to do and only so much time.
Sho nuff!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
OP, you're in your 30s.

Come back in 30 more and tell us what you think.

I won't be here. But maybe somebody could learn from what you learned in that 2nd 30.

This +1000!!!

Old 04-28-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I bible predicted bad things to happen. I am not sure you are aware of history, its not actually a "prediction", its more like describing what life is.
Yes, describing life as it is today at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
Yes, the Bible, (Jesus) predicted bad things to happen such as we read at Matthew 24:37 - just like the days of Noah.....
So, I would say I am aware of Bible history and how it connects to our day or time frame.
I find we are at the time of Daniel 2:44 when the political world will be taken over by God's kingdom.
The kingdom of ' thy kingdom come.....' in the hands of Christ Jesus for a coming 1,000 year governmental rule over Earth.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I think the body rots away and energy remains. I found this information, during childhood, whilst sitting on the banks of various fish creeks and sometimes it would come to me beforehand whilst digging for earthworms.
Oh! And then there's schooling...."energy can not be destroyed....".
Adam did Not come to life before his God breathed the 'breath of life ' into life-less Adam.- Genesis 2:7
At death Adam returned back to where he started the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19
As far as one's spirit ( Ecclesiastes 12:7 "it") at death 'it' returns to God.
That to me means any future life prospect now lies in God's safe hands.
Because one's spirit is a neuter "it" (Ecc. 12:7 B) then 'it' is Not a person.
Kind of like a foreclosed house does Not move or go anywhere but is returned back to the owner's hands.
So, any future life now lies in God's safe hands, and that is why Acts 24:15 says 'there will be' a resurrection....
Only the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' - Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22; Revelation 11:18 B
No spark of life will be left in the wicked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality