Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 04:46 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Sorta like referring to "self defense" as "violence".
It is...but it is a counter, not a lead.
I bash your bashing. But it is a counter criticism.
If you just proffered a cursory note of what you thought about Religious Beliefs & Theism, I could see it. But to go on whining for years...and thousands of posts about concepts you state you lack Belief in, and have no evidence about...that's very, very strange.
But, like I said, I like it for the entertainment factor. The content of the movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre is nasty and miserable too...but people still find it entertaining for some twisted reason.
The constant crying is really getting old. You can’t just read and keep the copy paste crying to yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 05:29 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
well, like they say, based on their responses, when push comes to shove, I have to follow reasonable believers before I follow irrational non believers. Some base "rational" solely on what god to save society or anti-god to save society. Better stated as fandom.

If you aint my sect you aint my friend,
wear the wrong colors
and your life might end.
~Ice-T

I will never understand determining reliability on a statement of belief about god.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
The constant crying is really getting old. You can’t just read and keep the copy paste crying to yourself?
You are right...y'all need to stop crying about people believing in God and endorsing & embracing Religion.
Most of the World prefers it...so shut up and quit blubbering about it.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:58 PM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
whine whine whine!

You just copying and pasting

lol! at you
Yes, it is just the same obsessive and compulsive misrepresentations, insults and mocking. I am not sure if Goldie sees the irony of his posts, although I have a strange feeling his projection is deliberate, and part of the joke.

But using his posts as examples of the many arguments made by theists is not productive, so I will be enjoying the remaining our Pfingsten holiday before it rains, and hopefully someone will address the OP when I return.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:59 PM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and yet here you are.
so regarding bold above, clearly not.

ah, that explains it
Even Kapitan Straw Man makes the occasional valid point (although not today). This would be a good goal for you to aim for.

Old 05-24-2021, 03:38 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
You are right...y'all need to stop crying about people believing in God and endorsing & embracing Religion.
Most of the World prefers it...so shut up and quit blubbering about it.
Believing in something is different than religion. I think most people believe in something because its just commonsense to do. Weather its feeling nature's energy or all the way up to a cosmic web as a cosmic mind. We are not the top of the reality stack. Its just basic commonsense.

But most people also question religion as an entity. A simple unpacking of religion does show its not religion, but people, that's true enough, but religion is a powerful political tool.

but this is a non political forum ... its not about fighting religion ... its about beliefs ...

Old 05-24-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Believing in something is different than religion. I think most people believe in something because its just commonsense to do. Weather its feeling nature's energy or all the way up to a cosmic web as a cosmic mind. We are not the top of the reality stack. Its just basic commonsense.

But most people also question religion as an entity. A simple unpacking of religion does show its not religion, but people, that's true enough, but religion is a powerful political tool.

but this is a non political forum ... its not about fighting religion ... its about beliefs ...
Ya know Arach...even if someone believes in a Religion, even the most off the wall preposterous stuff...I think they should be able to have the freedom to do that. Without being harassed.
As long as they are not harming anyone else.
Being "bothered" or "annoyed" is not harm.
Many believe things I don't...and I believe things others don't.
So, what?

Old 05-24-2021, 07:15 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Ya know Arach...even if someone believes in a Religion, even the most off the wall preposterous stuff...I think they should be able to have the freedom to do that. Without being harassed.
As long as they are not harming anyone else.
Being "bothered" or "annoyed" is not harm.
Many believe things I don't...and I believe things others don't.
So, what?
And so if another person does not share those religious beliefs and chooses to state as much on a message board forum, that rises to impeding on the religious freedom of others and harassment? What a ridiculous claim.

People are free to post on message board forums as often as they please, whether you approve or not.

What is that phrase about Buttercup of which you are so fond? It applies to you as well, you know.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:17 AM

50,829 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
And so if another person does not share those religious beliefs and chooses to state as much on a message board forum, that rises to impeding on the religious freedom of others and harassment? What a ridiculous claim.

People are free to post on message board forums as often as they please, whether you approve or not.

What is that phrase about Buttercup of which you are so fond? It applies to you as well, you know.
Back in burlesque there was an old joke. A man goes in to see the doctor and he says, "Doctor, it hoits [hurts] when I do dis". The doctor replies, "Den don't do dat".

There are all sorts of websites on the internet. This website may not be ideal for all people. If a person finds it uncomfortable here, find a place you feel comfortable.

I notice that religionists think it's perfectly fine for them to harass people on the street, or knock on the door of their private home, or send them all sorts of mailings...but it's not fine to have an open discussion in a place designed to have open discussions.

Old 05-24-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post

On a board titled "Religion and Spirituality" a cursory note of a contrary view and disagreement with Religious Doctrine, Edicts, or Theist Concepts is one thing...but the thousands, even tens of thousands of posts (for YEARS!), criticizing, insulting, and mocking...WOW!
No reasonable person wouldn't say that's over-the-top...in my opinion.
As a matter of fact...most boards for any subject would not even allow that much negative posting about the subject, and the people discussing it who are interested in it & embrace it. And one would be hard-pressed to find another.
It is so whacked...I find it amusing.
I never said anything about what anyone was "free to do", or not...I just stated what I thought about it.
I also do not care what any of you think about what I think about y'all being so miserable and obsessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality