Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2021, 01:59 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
We already kinda do.
The "officials" determine what they subjectively determine is "right"...and they have the "might" of the Justice Department, Law Enforcement, Military, etc to back that up.
Somehow, I do not expect martial law being declared to enforce group prayer in public meetings.

Old 05-02-2021, 02:00 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Most things in life are subjective.

Get over it.
I don't have anything to "get over". I'm not gonna rail against what anyone believes.
It's y'all that are tweaked out over people believing things you don't (and feel that they shouldn't either) and preferring things to conform to their beliefs.
Everyone would like things to be the way they would prefer...but, with competing interests and preferences, you will never please everybody.
YOU get over the government officials praying, and prayers at government events & meetings. It doesn't bother me a bit. They can pray to whatever & whoever they want.
Give me a copy of the prayer...I'll say it with them...no matter what it is.
See how simple that is?

Old 05-02-2021, 02:07 PM

50,790 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
I don't have anything to "get over". I'm not gonna rail against what anyone believes.
It's y'all that are tweaked out over people believing things you don't (and feel that they shouldn't either) and preferring things to conform to their beliefs.
Everyone would like things to be the way they would prefer...but, with competing interests and preferences, you will never please everybody.
YOU get over the government officials praying, and prayers at government events & meetings. It doesn't bother me a bit. They can pray to whatever & whoever they want.
See how simple that is?
Oh, it's simple.

Old 05-02-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
See how simple that is?
What makes you think that?

Old 05-02-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oh, it's simple.
Yes...but still above the coping abilities of those that have trouble dwelling above 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
I have a suggestion for the 100% effective solution to the issue: Those that get mentally irregular over prayers at public meetings & the like----Suck it up Buttercup & learn to cope!
There ya go...problem solved!

Old 05-02-2021, 02:34 PM

15,958 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Why is a prayer needed to make sound budgeting decisions?
How many times does the question need to be repeated? This whole thread is about the freedom of belief and practice of religion. If a community of people believe in the effect of prayer to help them in any way, they have the freedom to pray. If you have no such belief you need to do nothing. When the President says God Bless America and Americans, it is a prayer.

Old 05-02-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What makes you think that?
Because they are always giving the Believers the 3rd Degree...demanding proof & evidence, calling them deluded Believers in moronic fairy tales, etc., insulting and mocking them.
These people do not want the Religious (especially the Christians) to believe what they don't ...they want them to only believe that which is empirically proven and ditch their faith-based views.
If they didn't want that...why are they on here getting on their case in 10s of thousands of posts over the course of 5 to 10 years?

Old 05-02-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Because they are always giving the Believers the 3rd Degree...demanding proof & evidence, calling them deluded Believers in moronic fairy tales, etc., insulting and mocking them.
These people do not want the Religious (especially the Christians) to believe what they don't ...they want them to only believe that which is empirically proven and ditch their faith-based views.
If they didn't want that...why are they on here getting on their case in 10s of thousands of posts over the course of 5 to 10 years?
There's a difference between a believer saying "I believe such and such" and a believer saying "I believe such and such, and you should too". Atheists/agnostics/skeptics aren't willing to accept faith claims as true without proof. That doesn't at all mean they want to police what others do or don't believe.

Personally, I cherish my Constitutional right to believe as I see fit. I have no desire to infringe on anyone else's right to do the same.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
How many times does the question need to be repeated? This whole thread is about the freedom of belief and practice of religion. If a community of people believe in the effect of prayer to help them in any way, they have the freedom to pray. If you have no such belief you need to do nothing. When the President says God Bless America and Americans, it is a prayer.
You didn't answer the question.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:24 PM

50,790 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Yes...but still above the coping abilities of those that have trouble dwelling above 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
I have a suggestion for the 100% effective solution to the issue: Those that get mentally irregular over prayers at public meetings & the like----Suck it up Buttercup & learn to cope!
There ya go...problem solved!
I have a suggestion for the 100% effective solution to the issue: Those that get mentally irregular because they can't publicly pray anywhere they want, anytime they want, and in the presence of others with different beliefs ----Suck it up Buttercup & learn to cope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality