Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 01:20 PM

50,357 posts, read 23,944,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

My point is that the Federal government has morphed into something it wasn't intended to be. A lot of assumptions have been made and a lot of false statements have been made about what sort of religious expression can and can't be done.

You were responding to someone else. I honestly haven't read it before now. But it appears to be a bit misguided. The Founding Fathers never intended for church to be the only expression of religion.
Perhaps the role of the federal government has changed. And there's a reason for that. A looooooong his of states not treating their citizens equally. You know...like slavery and Jim Crow. But lots of other shortcomings at the state level, as well.

Your last statement -- could it be more open-ended. Could you state your desire to let religion to take over everything more clearly?

Old 05-14-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The claimed "intent" of slavemaster, genocidal, oppressive, con-men. Gotcha.
I think I get it now. If I said GldnRule (a misnomer, if ever there was one) is a brilliant poster, you'd say, "No, he's an idiot".

Old 05-14-2021, 01:25 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,062,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think I get it now. If I said GldnRule (a misnomer, if ever there was one) is a brilliant poster, you'd say, "No, he's an idiot".
But he'd be honest for once.

Old 05-14-2021, 03:07 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,503,450 times
Quote:
I think you're correct. The majority says, essentially, "We can do anything we want because we're in the majority and we have the power...we can do what we wanna do, where we wanna do it, and when we wanna do it". That's a head-trip, too.

nipped for space ...
BS, but it sounds good to anti-religionist. The problem with your thinking is that it is based on majority/minority and not what is actually being done and why.

You got out of there because of the lust power ... that maybe the single biggest red flag in your entire posting career.

died and rose for our sins did it for me ... when I was nine.

Old 05-14-2021, 03:53 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,618,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But he'd be honest for once.
Says the miserable & pathetic dude, wallowing in his world of tweaked-out obsessive compulsion.
Doing a bunch of daily drive-bys to insult and mock the Religious and their Religion, on a internet forum titled "Religion and Spirituality".
That guy Josh Duggar from the other thread...you'd have to greatly improve yourself to only be at his level of nastiness.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Says the miserable & pathetic dude, wallowing in his world of tweaked-out obsessive compulsion.
Doing a bunch of daily drive-bys to insult and mock the Religious and their Religion, on a internet forum titled "Religion and Spirituality".
That guy Josh Duggar from the other thread...you'd have to greatly improve yourself to only be at his level of nastiness.
I'm trying to figure out how you chose your screen name.

Old 05-14-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how you chose your screen name.
It's a top philosophical concept...with Religious associations.
OTOH...humans are flawed...I never claimed to be nice, in fact, the opposite.
I did to him how he'd just done me...and if he wants to do it again, I'm totally cool with it.
Do you have a problem with it? Tweaked out again?
Gonna hafta (here it comes!)...Suck it up Buttercup!!!

Old 05-14-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
It's a top philosophical concept...with Religious associations.
OTOH...humans are flawed...I never claimed to be nice, in fact, the opposite.
I did to him how he'd just done me...and if he wants to do it again, I'm totally cool with it.
Do you have a problem with it? Tweaked out again?
Gonna hafta (here it comes!)...Suck it up Buttercup!!!
A curious question doesn't indicate being tweaked out.

In fact, in that post you asked two questions. Perhaps you're tweaked out.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
A curious question doesn't indicate being tweaked out.

In fact, in that post you asked two questions. Perhaps you're tweaked out.
Nope. I'm on a Religion and Spirituality forum...and I am a Theist that endorses a Religion.
I couldn't imagine being so tweaked that I went onto a forum for any subject or issue and busted on that subject and those that were into it.
And then, do it every day, several times a day...for YEARS.
Now THAT'S tweaked!
It's y'alls tweakedness that I find so amusing and entertaining.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Nope. I'm on a Religion and Spirituality forum...and I am a Theist that endorses a Religion.
I couldn't imagine being so tweaked that I went onto a forum for any subject or issue and busted on that subject and those that were into it.
And then, do it every day, several times a day...for YEARS.
Now THAT'S tweaked!
It's y'alls tweakedness that I find so amusing and entertaining.
You're getting boring now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality