Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2021, 05:53 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,992,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah ... like you guys are doing ...

Too many words for you? Got it.

Old 05-16-2021, 05:55 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,503,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Too many words for you? Got it.
yup ... MO of a bully, when they meet somebody who is not afraid of them ... they back down, run, or hit one from the rear more often than not.

Old 05-16-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
yup ... MO of a bully, when they meet somebody who is not afraid of them ... they back down, run, or hit one from the rear more often than not.
You want to lecture people instead of taking care of yourself. If you can't lecture you'll pick fights. What do you need from others in order for you to be happy?

Old 05-16-2021, 06:17 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,503,450 times
Quote:
You want to lecture people instead of taking care of yourself. If you can't lecture you'll pick fights. What do you need from others in order for you to be happy?
gabfest. again ... we need to see who is doing what. all of us can have our owns words used against us. That happens, I believe, because we are all actually use some truths to self justify our positions.

we have to figure out a process to see who is doing what.

reasonable people talk about reasonable outcomes. There is no one right answer ("white people" answers aren't right is not rational). Avoid voting 'bout it because some people know they will be outvoted and blaming on losing the vote on "might shouldn't equal right" is wrong and not they don't look to see if it their personal opinion that is flawed is also something we are seeing in this discussion.

You confuse look at reasonable solutions as negotiating to make people happy. I look at it two fold. One: we don't have a right answer so lets use what we have. Two: Black and white thinkers trip over reasonable solutions more than they actually reason through them.

only one type of prayer or no prayer only are black and white thinking. They (the recent posts) are trying to force us into binary thinking.

Old 05-16-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
gabfest. again ... we need to see who is doing what. all of us can have our owns words used against us. That happens, I believe, because we are all actually use some truths to self justify our positions.

we have to figure out a process to see who is doing what.

reasonable people talk about reasonable outcomes. There is no one right answer ("white people" answers aren't right is not rational). Avoid voting 'bout it because some people know they will be outvoted and blaming on losing the vote on "might shouldn't equal right" is wrong and not they don't look to see if it their personal opinion that is flawed is also something we are seeing in this discussion.

You confuse look at reasonable solutions as negotiating to make people happy. I look at it two fold. One: we don't have a right answer so lets use what we have. Two: Black and white thinkers trip over reasonable solutions more than they actually reason through them.

only one type of prayer or no prayer only are black and white thinking. They (the recent posts) are trying to force us into binary thinking.
So, basically the problem is we need to get more people to believe in evolution instead of this silly spiritual stuff?

Old 05-16-2021, 08:11 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,586,805 times
Quote:
So, basically the problem is we need to get more people to believe in evolution instead of this silly spiritual stuff?
Believe is the wrong word. This has been told to you how many times?

Is there is issue with evolution you object to?

Old 05-16-2021, 08:33 AM

50,357 posts, read 23,944,182 times
Quote:
You of all people, (should) fully well know bullying techniques. Your desire is for others to be more like yourself and/or understand their place in the caste system of evolution. There is no diversity in anything you post. It's only otherizing and pointing fingers as you are a protected species.
What has evolution -- a natural process -- got to do with this. And when did evolution become a caste system?

Old 05-16-2021, 08:40 AM

50,357 posts, read 23,944,182 times
Quote:
we have to figure out who is bullying who. Again, the most affective way I know is to put in an actual position and look at what is being said. look at how they stand on this position

1- no prayer allowed at all
2-some reasonable ground (Ex: alternate, maybe none, vote)
3-only one type of prayer (Christian, Muslim, whatever)

who is "bully" who. Bullies bully. Weather its anti-god ro my-god-only is secondary. How does the "fight" look when two bullies meet up to discuss what we all should be doing.
Okay, let's figure it out.

My view:

Prayer in religious settings (churches, synagogues, temples, etc.).
Prayer at home.
Silent prayer -- in one's mind -- anytime and anywhere.
Prayer in public groups where all the people involved share the same religious beliefs (for example, a church picnic in the public park).

I don't see where that's a "bully" position.

Old 05-16-2021, 09:31 AM

29,380 posts, read 9,563,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You can look it up for any member. Just click on "Statistics" in their profile.

Me: https://www.city-data.com/forum/memb...le-824948.html
I have been here about 11 years and averaged 1.88 posts per day.

You: https://www.city-data.com/forum/memb...e-1910599.html
You have been here about 6 years and average 9.62 posts per day.
I was being sarcastic for the love of how silly is this? Of course I know how to find those numbers (as if I gave a damn about them)...

If you try hard, some day you might be able to get your average up closer to mine!

Old 05-16-2021, 09:35 AM

29,380 posts, read 9,563,883 times
Quote:
The same reason you beat your drum learnme. The rest applies to both of us. It all get back to how do we tell who is doing what.

All you do is pound all topics from a no god angle. I pound all topics from see if they consistent with observation or not.

so ..whos is more reliable?
Simply not true. See some of the threads I've started, about a good many topics and discussed from a good many angles. I'll not deny I'm an atheist of course, but I'm able to avoid beating the same drum far better than you and some others are able. Far as I'm concerned anyway. No need to disagree. I know. I know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality