Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 09:26 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
This is all very subjective.
True...I subjectively find it amusing and entertaining.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:28 AM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I do not have a problem that they hold the Religious Beliefs they do, or that they govern their Countries based on those concepts...so I wouldn't spend 5 to 10 years to tell them 20 thousand times that their Beliefs were messed up, and they were messed up themselves for holding those beliefs.
And yet you are making the judgement.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:39 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
One of my favorite things about cutting across their lawn...is hearing them yell, "Get off my lawn!".
I actually get a kick outta that.
If they want a real thrill...they should go to the Middle-East and openly bash their Religious Beliefs & them for holding those beliefs, just like they do here! That'll keep 'em hoppin'!
I don't want to go to the middle east. I don't want to live in a theocracy. This is precisely why I am against things like organized prayer in government meetings.

Oh, and I don't have a lawn. Just 105 acres of woods, a few small meadows, and a couple of seasonal ponds which go dry if we don't buy water. We have lots of deer, wild turkeys, wild geese, skunks, possums, raccoons, the occasional bear or mountain lion. If you'd like to wander about on our little place, feel free. Be warned though that most of our ultra-conservative neighbors will enthusiastically shoot a trespasser on sight.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:45 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
I don't want to go to the middle east. I don't want to live in a theocracy. This is precisely why I am against things like organized prayer in government meetings.

Oh, and I don't have a lawn. Just 105 acres of woods, a few small meadows, and a couple of seasonal ponds which go dry if we don't buy water. We have lots of deer, wild turkeys, wild geese, skunks, possums, raccoons, the occasional bear or mountain lion. If you'd like to wander about on our little place, feel free. Be warned though that most of our ultra-conservative neighbors will enthusiastically shoot a trespasser on sight.
You forgot to mention your college degrees and career. All of this information is relevant to religion and spirituality.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:49 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And yet you are making the judgement.
Yes...I subjectively assess it as very strange, and amusing to me.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:51 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
I do not have a problem that they hold the Religious Beliefs they do, or that they govern their Countries based on those concepts...so I wouldn't spend 5 to 10 years to tell them 20 thousand times that their Beliefs were messed up, and they were messed up themselves for holding those beliefs.
If they did not spend 5 to 10 years telling us 20 thousand times about their beliefs, we would not need to tell them they were wrong.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You forgot to mention your college degrees and career. All of this information is relevant to religion and spirituality.
As relevant as sharing a fantasy about atheists yelling at you to get off their lawn.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:54 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
That's not how it has worked around here.
This forum is very strange and unique...with its huge amount of postings and content bashing the title subject of the board. Busting on Theological Beliefs in general, bashing the Deities, criticizing the texts/writings, the doctrine, the rituals, and the adherents for embracing a Religion. Noting and cheering any downturn in interest or Faith in the title subject.
You may never find another Forum for any subject that has so much content that is negative toward the title subject and those that like it. Individuals with 10 to 50 THOUSAND posts, over 5 to 10 YEARS?!! What is up with that?!!
But my twisted mind finds this to be intriguing and entertaining...like watching "insult comedy" or horror movies.
All one has to do, is show a favorable interest or speak positively about (any aspect of it) the title subject...and that will immediately trigger those that are so strange that they think that is "yanking their chains"...and they will go into "Obsessive + Compulsive Bash Mode", and add to their tens of thousands of posts slamming the title subject of the board and the person that notes it in a positive light.
I see it as like a Don Rickles comedy routine...where constant insults of those in attendance is the funny part of it.
Ironically your post is not how it has worked around here, despite the number of times you repeat your misrepresentation.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:55 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
As relevant as sharing a fantasy about atheists yelling at you to get off their lawn.
Gotta love the angry atheists. "I don't believe in any Gods and you don't either! You're victimizing me!"

Old 04-30-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Gotta love the angry atheists. "I don't believe in any Gods and you don't either! You're victimizing me!"
Sounds interesting. Where can I read such a discussion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality