Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2021, 12:39 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
AGAIN...How did you come to such an erroneous conclusion that I "take issue"...after you see me write that I like it, and find it entertaining & amusing?
Do you EVER read anything and assess it without that assessment being tainted by your bias and hatred?
AGAIN....I LIKE IT, AND DO NOT TAKE ISSUE. I HOPE YOU NEVER STOP!!!!!!!
You got that now?
You draw the conclusion that I am SO BOTHERED by your comments, but here how could anyone come to such an erroneous conclusion about you taking issue?

You are really a kick. You know that?

Top of the day to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 01:03 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Atheists believe. They believe there is no god. In fact they believe this with same fervor as any fundamental christian would believe in god. they believe in the same definition of god, in heaven and hell, in the devil. All of that. Those are the basis of their arguments.
I suppose that according to the definition of 'belief', that is, accepting something as true without evidence, one can say atheists believe their is no God but technically, that is not true. It is true that there appears to be no evidence that God does not exist yet we 'believe' God does not exist but what makes it false is that the non-acceptance of a a non-existing entity does not constitute a belief. For example, I do accept the existence of faeries. That does not constitute a belief. Same applies to Thor.

So where do we get the knowledge of what Christians believe? Some of us once were believers. We also live among Christians. We know Christians. I was married to a Christian. And then, Christians tell us regularly right here on CD what they believe.

Where do you get your insight as to what atheists believe?

Old 05-13-2021, 01:16 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You draw the conclusion that I am SO BOTHERED by your comments, but here how could anyone come to such an erroneous conclusion about you taking issue?

You are really a kick. You know that?

Top of the day to you!
You spend SIX YEARS on a forum...putting up 10 entries per day---TWENTY THOUSAND POSTS...many of them in opposition to, and contrary to the title subject of one of the boards (Religion and Spirituality) of the Forum.
But you're not "bothered" by those that embrace and adhere to a Religious Ideology? Nooooooo, not you! Yeah, right!!
Then what would constrain you to do that for so long?
Y'all should at least be honest enough to cop to your position. Not try to pretend it's something it isn't.
OTOH...that's "the kick" I get out of this board (cuz I'm twisted like that)...so, I actually hope you all never actually find reasonableness...and continue on this strange, compulsive & obsessive path.

Old 05-13-2021, 04:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
its stupid simple. People are people. some people are jerks. Jerks express jerk beliefs. weather its god or no god is irrelevant.

A bigger danger is when a jerk can convince a good person to "Just don't slow us down, we have the same goals and are fighting for you too."

how can we tell who id doing what? lmao ... wait a sec ... there are people on both sides that feel that is bad for spreading their beliefs on people, errr, I mean to people.

Old 05-13-2021, 04:46 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its stupid simple. People are people. some people are jerks. Jerks express jerk beliefs. Whether it's a god or no god is irrelevant.
Simply put, but profoundly accurate!

Old 05-14-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I suppose that according to the definition of 'belief', that is, accepting something as true without evidence, one can say atheists believe their is no God but technically, that is not true. It is true that there appears to be no evidence that God does not exist yet we 'believe' God does not exist but what makes it false is that the non-acceptance of a a non-existing entity does not constitute a belief. For example, I do accept the existence of faeries. That does not constitute a belief. Same applies to Thor.

So where do we get the knowledge of what Christians believe? Some of us once were believers. We also live among Christians. We know Christians. I was married to a Christian. And then, Christians tell us regularly right here on CD what they believe.

Where do you get your insight as to what atheists believe?
I was going to attempt the same clarification, but I don't think it's well understood or well received in this forum among some people including the one you are addressing, so I let it go. My compliments for giving it a shot anyway...

Old 05-14-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You spend SIX YEARS on a forum...putting up 10 entries per day---TWENTY THOUSAND POSTS...many of them in opposition to, and contrary to the title subject of one of the boards (Religion and Spirituality) of the Forum.
But you're not "bothered" by those that embrace and adhere to a Religious Ideology? Nooooooo, not you! Yeah, right!!
Then what would constrain you to do that for so long?
Y'all should at least be honest enough to cop to your position. Not try to pretend it's something it isn't.
OTOH...that's "the kick" I get out of this board (cuz I'm twisted like that)...so, I actually hope you all never actually find reasonableness...and continue on this strange, compulsive & obsessive path.
Yes again Count Goldy, but I'm not going to address your years and entries per day bit again...

All I'm trying to get through that blind spot of yours is that I'm no more bothered by whatever anyone comments in this forum than you are. That is if you're being honest about not being bothered even though you seem to express a fair amount of heartburn on a regular basis. I'm not bothered in any case, so don't be surprised if people call you on your own nonsense. I too enjoy the exchange even if amounts to a big pile of nothing as always.

I enjoy the exchange of opinion, the "art" of making a reasonable argument, comparing notes with others, observing what makes people "tick," whether they agree with me or not! Nothing I lose sleep over though. Could hardly care less, and if I continue to enjoy wasting a bit of time spent here as I ease into my day in the mornings, I just may continue doing so for another SIX YEARS to the tune of at least 10 entries per day. So? Doesn't take me too much time because I type pretty fast, and even though it is a waste of time..., what's your point?

No! I'm not bothered regardless what you might think, in the least. "Believe it or not..."

Old 05-14-2021, 09:26 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yes again Count Goldy, but I'm not going to address your years and entries per day bit again...

All I'm trying to get through that blind spot of yours is that I'm no more bothered by whatever anyone comments in this forum than you are. That is if you're being honest about not being bothered even though you seem to express a fair amount of heartburn on a regular basis. I'm not bothered in any case, so don't be surprised if people call you on your own nonsense. I too enjoy the exchange even if amounts to a big pile of nothing as always.

I enjoy the exchange of opinion, the "art" of making a reasonable argument, comparing notes with others, observing what makes people "tick," whether they agree with me or not! Nothing I lose sleep over though. Could hardly care less, and if I continue to enjoy wasting a bit of time spent here as I ease into my day in the mornings, I just may continue doing so for another SIX YEARS to the tune of at least 10 entries per day. So? Doesn't take me too much time because I type pretty fast, and even though it is a waste of time..., what's your point?

No! I'm not bothered regardless what you might think, in the least. "Believe it or not..."
The length of this post literally screams "He doth protest too much . . "

Old 05-14-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The length of this post literally screams "He doth protest too much . . "
I think Goldy doth, and this regarding the length of a relatively short comment, coming from you, is my best laugh of the morning. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:56 AM

"Science and religion are closely interconnected in the scientific study of religion, which can be traced back to seventeenth-century natural histories of religion. Natural historians attempted to provide naturalistic explanations for human behavior and culture, for domains such as religion, emotions, and morality."

Who was it that was arguing science can't help with such things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality