Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2021, 12:43 AM

50,816 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao ... that might be the first real honest answer you ever gave.
As opposed to the person who does not actually answer questions that he is asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 03:17 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Atheism is a response to religious claims, so if the religious did not use the internet to spread lies and misinformation, we would not need to respond. All you are saying is any religious woo goes, but atheists should just be quiet, because you are so tweaked that we can rationally show the problems of religions. There is a cure for that, get better evidence.

And you are free to quote any posts of people who are more disrespectful, insulting, and nasty toward differing beliefs. But, it must be a first post that is more disrespectful, insulting, and nasty toward differing beliefs. Not a response to fundamentalism, not a response to childish idiots who start fights they can not handle, an actual initial post that is simply just more disrespectful, insulting, and nasty toward differing beliefs.

Because if you can not post the data, that means you are inventing facts just to bash, insult, and rail against atheists.
Here is a good example...starting FOUR HUNDRED EIGHTY FIVE Religion Bashing threads...bashing it from every angle, in every way!
https://www.city-data.com/forum/sear...rchid=43164709
I doubt any Theist has started more threads on this Religion and Spirituality forum....maybe, but probably not.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:49 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
lmao ... And you do not want to explore who is doing what. Especially if it gets in the way of fight religion.
He didn't say anything at all about fighting religion. Quit trying to derail the thread.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:51 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Here is a good example...starting FOUR HUNDRED EIGHTY FIVE Religion Bashing threads...bashing it from every angle, in every way!
I doubt any Theist has started more threads on this Religion and Spirituality forum....maybe, but probably not.
Links to search results on the forum don't work.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:59 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
And have read them all? And are they really worse than anything by Fred Phelps?

Old 07-09-2021, 05:42 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
As opposed to the person who does not actually answer questions that he is asked.
there you go ... a case in point right there

Back to the same ol' grind from you.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And have read them all? And are they really worse than anything by Fred Phelps?
I was heavy on the board during cupper's run...I was in most of those. Calling out the bashing & mocking, of course. He was a treasure trove of entertainment.
Some here are the Atheist version of Fred Phelps...I noted that.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:02 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
I was heavy on the board during cupper's run...I was in most of those. Calling out the bashing & mocking, of course. He was a treasure trove of entertainment.
yes, its like they are convincing themselves that what they want to believe is real. But instead of looking at their beliefs and evaualting the relaiblityt, they attck other beliefs thinking that increases their reliability.

"I believe they are wrong so I must be more right." They refuse to go any further than that tho. I think its they are afraid.

Remember maddy from way back. I told her, why would I change what the data suggest, I am not afraid of religion." she told me I better be very afraid of religion and do anything in my power to stop it.

Gld, do you know anybody out in the real world that fights belief like they do here that do not have direct personal experience with some kind of abuse or perceived trauma?

Old 07-09-2021, 07:33 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
the above.

Quote:
Your hyperbole is amusing.

So that is one person who has not posted in years. I can counter with wallstreeter4?, some Christian who called atheists mentally ill and stupid every chance he could. But he was religious, so that would be in order, we are not allowed to critique rude religious people, that would be bashing.

Do you have anyone who posts now and can defend themselves, because from your record, I have no reason to belief any of your claims about bashing and mocking.

Quote:
Asserted that. Even I know about Fred Phelps, and if you think posting facts on the internet is worse than protesting gay events and disrupting funerals, you need better priorities.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
yes, its like they are convincing themselves that what they want to believe is real. But instead of looking at their beliefs and evaualting the relaiblityt, they attck other beliefs thinking that increases their reliability.

"I believe they are wrong so I must be more right." They refuse to go any further than that tho. I think its they are afraid.

Remember maddy from way back. I told her, why would I change what the data suggest, I am not afraid of religion." she told me I better be very afraid of religion and do anything in my power to stop it.

Gld, do you know anybody out in the real world that fights belief like they do here that do not have direct personal experience with some kind of abuse or perceived trauma?
No, and they congregate here...this board is kinda unique in that respect...which is why I find it so twistedly entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality