Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2021, 09:22 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,609,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Please stop quoting me and then posting irrelevant junk (unless it is cake recipes). I like cake.
Me too! Actually...German Chocolate is my favorite!
So much so...I just may start to revere that as a special "sub-God" to the greater Universe. It is truly of "Supreme Value".
Do you have a real good recipe for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 12:40 PM

8,174 posts, read 3,372,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
I AM smarter than god because I exist the he doesn't.

Also, I know enough not to play games with my children's future that do horribley wrong and then blame THEM instead of myself. Apparently, your god doesn't.
Arrogance doesn't get any more intense than that.

Old 07-11-2021, 12:56 PM

16,588 posts, read 4,874,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Well, there is claiming to know the mind of a first cause creator god.

Old 07-11-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Arrogance, condescension, "smarminess", disrespect, rudeness, and bereft of couth and character...on a forum titled "Religion and Spirituality", no less.
Oh, well...takes all kinds to make up the world.

Old 07-11-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Well, there is claiming to know the mind of a first cause creator god.
Maybe G4N can intuitively perceive that.
Most unfortunate that you are among those that can't.

Old 07-11-2021, 02:20 PM

2,400 posts, read 776,192 times
Quote:
Only for the small/close-minded observer. That, in case you can't figure it out, is YOU.

Old 07-11-2021, 02:27 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,478,132 times
Quote:
anti-god and deity are about the most arrogant people I know. They are sure they know the answer. Not matter what is said or how it is said. They know.

Old 07-11-2021, 02:31 PM

2,400 posts, read 776,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
anti-god and deity are about the most arrogant people I know. They are sure they know the answer. Not matter what is said or how it is said. They know.
Yes, Want to guess how? Well I'll tell you how. We look at the dogma, and compare it to the facts, and guess what. Dogma loses - fall flat on its face. You should try it someday. Facts. REAL facts.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,478,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Yes, Want to guess how? Well I'll tell you how. We look at the dogma, and compare it to the facts, and guess what. Dogma loses - fall flat on its face. You should try it someday. Facts. REAL facts.
dogma? Ahhh ..., you talking about religion only. A very limited and controlled belief. I am an atheist so I don't even use dogma.

I would never say "I know am right because their dogma is wrong." "dogma" is just not a reliable standard to judge reliability of my position.

I am talking about looking around and forming a "god" belief based on that. Its a sliding scale based on the traits given.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:29 AM

16,588 posts, read 4,874,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Maybe G4N can intuitively perceive that.
'Maybe' is ad hoc and presumes an ability to understand what is being perceived, which still requires knowing what a god knows. But I was not referring to G4N, but to those who can not know what they claim to know (otherwise known as inventing excuses).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Most unfortunate that you are among those that can't.
I find my ability to observe cognitive bias very fortunate. That is why I do not fool myself too often. It is unfortunate the religious and spiritual have not trained this ability, one can not find the truth by fooling the self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality