Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 10:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times

Advertisements

If there is one, until we understand the universe(s).

And we've barely gotten started on understanding ourselves and our little blue planet, let alone the Great Vastness and the Inner Whoknows? and how they connect - as they must surely do.

I just hope we keep the garden we were gifted as intact and poison-free as possible in order that our children's children's children have time to know and understand more than we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 10:50 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If there is one, until we understand the universe(s).
And we've barely gotten started on understanding ourselves and our little blue planet, let alone the Great Vastness and the Inner Whoknows? and how they connect - as they must surely do.
I just hope we keep the garden we were gifted as intact and poison-free as possible in order that our children's children's children have time to know and understand more than we do.
Because God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth - Rev. 11:18 B - then earh's ' garden ' will be free of pollution.
You can be here to tell your children's children's children all about how Jesus came and rid the Earth of wicked people - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15, and because of you they can know and understand more than we ' now ' do.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:38 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
I think we make the next life form in 200 years or less. The net might wake up, but I think we will genetically alter the brain.

Think of a tree. It uses wood to maintain its shape (the branching). Now think of a tree made out of wet noodles. How would you maintain the shape? A gel perhaps? The brain uses fat between the branches to maintain the "shape". Well, just use less fat and more "neurons". What? a percent? two percent? Five percent? That person will talk to us like we talk to a 5 year old.

In the end, its the universe evolving.

We don't know squat. But the one thing we can know is stating it is the universe that is doing everything, I mean everything, we see being done. And we don't see most of it. The absolute is actually not a bad term.

People of faith need to avoid looking how things work.

Old 04-16-2021, 05:19 AM

15,948 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I think we make the next life form in 200 years or less. The net might wake up, but I think we will genetically alter the brain.

Think of a tree. It uses wood to maintain its shape (the branching). Now think of a tree made out of wet noodles. How would you maintain the shape? A gel perhaps? The brain uses fat between the branches to maintain the "shape". Well, just use less fat and more "neurons". What? a percent? two percent? Five percent? That person will talk to us like we talk to a 5 year old.

In the end, its the universe evolving.

We don't know squat. But the one thing we can know is stating it is the universe that is doing everything, I mean everything, we see being done. And we don't see most of it. The absolute is actually not a bad term.

People of faith need to avoid looking how things work.
Nothing evolves. Everything devolves and dies every second. Change is the only truth.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:50 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,871,828 times
"It would be more surprising if a human being could understand, at all times, the ways of G‑d... Yet, if we contemplate the extraordinary order and precision that exist in nature, even in the lowest created forms, namely inanimate things (the harmony and energy of the atom, etc.), all of which are the opposite of chaos and disorder, this surely supports the simple faith that Jews have in the goodness and righteousness of the Creator, whose benevolent Providence extends to everyone individually."

-- Excerpt taken from a letter by Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson (affectionately known as "The Rebbe"), written November 21, 1964.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:30 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,403,032 times
Only Christians claim they understand God through a man-made mythical book called the Bible.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Nothing evolves. Everything devolves and dies every second. Change is the only truth.
Depends on what we are saying. Life evolves, as in changes over time to me. It seems it is moving toward more complex.

Change (evolution) does seems to appear to be the only constant.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:55 AM

15,948 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Depends on what we are saying. Life evolves, as in changes over time to me. It seems it is moving toward more complex.

Change (evolution) does seems to appear to be the only constant.
Do you know anything that does not change? Change is not evolution, change is getting old, decaying, death, extinction.
Life means death. That is the only truth. We can do all kinds of dance around life but nobody argues with death.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Do you know anything that does not change? Change is not evolution, change is getting old, decaying, death, extinction.
Life means death. That is the only truth. We can do all kinds of dance around life but nobody argues with death.
Like I said in the first few words. It depends on how we are talking about it.

Change is getting old, decaying, death, extinction. I see change as information exchange and possible growth. If it hits no potential differences everywhere ... you may just be right.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:19 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
It is ignorant to deny the reality of biological evolution which in general terms is change in the properties of groups of organisms over the course of generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality