Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2021, 02:02 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times

Advertisements

Buttercup needs a safe place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 02:15 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yeah, I looked up "bloviate" in the dictionary. It said, "see MysticPhD".
good one!

Old 06-01-2021, 02:42 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There is an entire thread dedicated to his beliefs. Amazing how that works out, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Who is stopping you? No one. Proceed to your heart's content.
Not true...I am not able to "proceed to my heart's content".
The description of how it "works out" omits lots of info.
There is a whole sub-forum devoted to "Nonbelief", and it is permitted, in depth, in any thread here whatsoever.
While Pantheism (my belief), a Religious Concept that is one of the oldest in human history, is not only not given its own subforum, it's discussion is sequestered to just that single thread (after being completely banned) & the sub-forum for Paganism, and cannot be discussed anywhere else (see the Religion Posting Guidelines)....on a General Forum for "Religion and Spirituality".
THAT is how it REALLY works.
OTOH...it's what makes the board so interesting.

Old 06-01-2021, 03:01 PM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Not true...I am not able to "proceed to my heart's content".
The description of how it "works out" omits lots of info.
There is a whole sub-forum devoted to "Nonbelief", and it is permitted, in depth, in any thread here whatsoever.
While Pantheism (my belief), a Religious Concept that is one of the oldest in human history, is not only not given its own subforum, it's discussion is sequestered to just that single thread (after being completely banned) & the sub-forum for Paganism, and cannot be discussed anywhere else (see the Religion Posting Guidelines)....on a General Forum for "Religion and Spirituality".
THAT is how it REALLY works.
OTOH...it's what makes the board so interesting.
Knock it off!

The owner of the company set up the forums the way he wanted them to be. In some cases, he made it clear that this was a different kind of place. (For examples, look at the posts he made when he started the A&A forum and the Great Debates forum.)

The Senior Moderators have confirmed on several occasions that the R&S forums are running the way the company want them to run.

Now, you can quit griping about how the forum works.

Old 06-01-2021, 04:04 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And you don't bloviate about how superior your view is? That's about the funniest thing I've seen posted on this forum in weeks.
the possibility of living universe is more consistent with observation then some of your Buddhist views.

That's for dern sure.

oh wait that is not the purpose for you being here ... you reason is to to stop religion. Your end game justifies your approach.

My bad .. carry on with your assualt on people that don't think like you because you don't like how the said it. lmao ... don't like how they said it determines if they are reliable or not ...to funny, at your age too.

Old 06-01-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Who is stopping you? No one. Proceed to your heart's content.
see the post in red ...

If that doesn't explain it, nothing will.

Old 06-01-2021, 04:33 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the possibility of living universe is more consistent with observation then some of your Buddhist views.

That's for dern sure.

oh wait that is not the purpose for you being here ... you reason is to to stop religion. Your end game justifies your approach.

My bad .. carry on with your assualt on people that don't think like you because you don't like how the said it. lmao ... don't like how they said it determines if they are reliable or not ...to funny, at your age too.
I don't ask you to believe my Buddhist views. I've asked anyone to believe my Buddhist views.

And saying that my purpose here is "to stop religion" is an outright lie. It's a lie every time you say it. But that never stopped you.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't ask you to believe my Buddhist views. I've asked anyone to believe my Buddhist views.

And saying that my purpose here is "to stop religion" is an outright lie. It's a lie every time you say it. But that never stopped you.
You asking me doesn't mean squat to weather your belief is more in line with observation or not.

Again, your post is more proof that you don't care about a claim being consistent with observation or not. Yet you are continuedly going on about yourself and your science training. And no, its not a lie phet. Your post here demonstrates that you have some way to go in understanding what I am saying. And if its not true ... you should be ashamed of yourself for not seeing they pull the strings.

Do bigots base reliability of people saying what the bigots wants instead of what is actually more true?

Old 06-02-2021, 03:14 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
What I would prefer is to discuss my own Theist Beliefs. Just like other Theist members would like to discuss theirs.
THAT is contributing something worthwhile to this "Religion & Spirituality" board...in my view. The more posts about any of those Beliefs, the better.
From your posts, you would clearly attack straw man versions of other people, instead of actually addressing their posts.

Quote:
As respects those who "Lack Belief" in those concepts, because they feel there is "no evidence" for them, or any other reason...a note of dissent or even exception to the Believers, I could see as reasonable. But to spend years and tens of thousands of posts getting on the case of the Believers/Religious, with interrogations & demands for "proof", insulting what is known to be considered Sacred Writings, insulting the Deities, mocking the Believers and making wise-crack jokes and putting up memes & videos about all those things they embrace...THAT is not "trying to explain"...THAT is just a critical, miserable attitude based on emotional headtrips of some sort.
As I have often noted...it is so whacked, off-the-wall and uniquely strange, I actually find it entertaining. In the same way I find horror movies and "insult comedy" entertaining.
This is kinda the modern version of a nondenominational, all-faith "Church"...interweb forums.
As I said, from your posts, you would clearly attack straw man versions of other people.

And yes, it is a straw man, despite those denying this.

Last edited by Harry Diogenes; 06-02-2021 at 04:11 AM..

Old 06-02-2021, 03:43 AM

Quote:
What I would prefer is to discuss my own Theist Beliefs. Just like other Theist members would like to discuss theirs.
THAT is contributing something worthwhile to this "Religion & Spirituality" board...in my view. The more posts about any of those Beliefs, the better.
As respects those who "Lack Belief" in those concepts, because they feel there is "no evidence" for them, or any other reason...a note of dissent or even exception to the Believers, I could see as reasonable. But to spend years and tens of thousands of posts getting on the case of the Believers/Religious, with interrogations & demands for "proof", insulting what is known to be considered Sacred Writings, insulting the Deities, mocking the Believers and making wise-crack jokes and putting up memes & videos about all those things they embrace...THAT is not "trying to explain"...THAT is just a critical, miserable attitude based on emotional headtrips of some sort.
As I have often noted...it is so whacked, off-the-wall and uniquely strange, I actually find it entertaining. In the same way I find horror movies and "insult comedy" entertaining.
This is kinda the modern version of a nondenominational, all-faith "Church"...interweb forums.
lol, we are asynchronous.

we are looking at beliefs and how consistent with observation they are. Where does deny everything and minimize everything fit. That includes avoid discussing the validity of beliefs because we are "supposedly" helping humanity by stopping religion.

they are minimizing everything they can because they feel they know better. They feel we need saving from religion. They, like the fundy theist, use their statement of belief about god as a weapon.

church membership dropping is a function of people living better in our liberal, freedom of religion, liberal capitalism society.

Belief that we are part of a larger more complex system will out number deny everything. They call that a strawman because they are not here discussing beliefs ... they are here fighting religion, specifically, trying to stop Christianity in the states (and they have valid points there). In a non political forum about beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality