Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2021, 01:43 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
You're so "off-base" it's hardly worth responding to. But, YES, I do HOLD ONTO FACTS. Sorry, but that is the way it is.

How dare you refer to me as a blind faith guy. I used to be such when I was RC, but have since opened my eyes to reality. It is the ultimate in stupidity (yours) to conflate the two, and deep shame accrues to you for doing so. It was, no doubt, not inadvertent.
Ah, you are a recovering believer, I though so, either recovering or scarred ... that explains a lot. maybe you are blind rage, but its amounts to the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 02:55 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Ah, you are a recovering believer, I though so, either recovering or scarred ... that explains a lot. maybe you are blind rage, but its amounts to the same thing.
Recovering, damaged, bitter & miserable, consumed with a vengeful attitude.
That figures...and tells a lot. Actually, standard fare, it seems.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:37 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
You really should give up your psychoanalyzing. As Popeye said, "I am what I am", and what I am is NOTHING like what you say I am. I abandoned believing 4 decades or so ago. I am not "recovering" (perhaps you are in one 12 or so-step programs and are borrowing the spiel therefrom for lack of your own appropriate verbiage).

I am not in a rage, not now, and not ever. Frustrated by the blindness and abject dishonesty of believers, as well as the damage they do to the human race with their backwardness, to be sure, but not rage. I find this all amusing. OK, let me come out of the closet, I am studying to be the next Bill Mahr. OK, there. I said it. Don't tell Bill!!

Old 06-06-2021, 04:38 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Recovering, damaged, bitter & miserable, consumed with a vengeful attitude.
That figures...and tells a lot. Actually, standard fare, it seems.
Listen to you attempt (in vain) to talk like you have a clue. BTW, the subject of this thread is not Salty, so I suggest you try to stay on topic (if you have the intellectual honesty, or even if you don't).

Old 06-06-2021, 04:49 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
You really should give up your psychoanalyzing. As Popeye said, "I am what I am", and what I am is NOTHING like what you say I am. I abandoned believing 4 decades or so ago. I am not "recovering" (perhaps you are in one 12 or so-step programs and are borrowing the spiel therefrom for lack of your own appropriate verbiage).

I am not in a rage, not now, and not ever. Frustrated by the blindness and abject dishonesty of believers, as well as the damage they do to the human race with their backwardness, to be sure, but not rage. I find this all amusing. OK, let me come out of the closet, I am studying to be the next Bill Mahr. OK, there. I said it. Don't tell Bill!!
I believe the sytem we are in matches life more than non life. I use the traits of life in a biology book to make that claim. to start.

where am I dishonest?

many people believe that we are in a system that is acting more like a unit than isolated pieces. based on things like spacetime and QED.

tell me where I am lying, dishonest, and not using observation?

do have something other than calling people names to say why I should list what you say and think it is more rational?

Old 06-06-2021, 05:51 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Wait.... if God is omniscient, He'd have already known that these creations of his were going to sin.
So how could his heart be troubled if He already knew this was coming?
That verse makes it sound like He was taken by surprise... but how could an omniscient being ever be surprised??
Well explain infinity to me. God has always been forever. God is the beginning or there never was a beginning. God was always here. No one created God. It's hard to grasp that concept because our limited human brains can only understand time as a linear line. Well God exists outside of time so our understanding of past, present and future may be different in reality to God. Therefore your idea of an omniscient God only fits in a linear time reality.

Or assuming God exists in the same linear time fashion as us, knowing and experiencing in the present are too different things. You don't know how something will feel on an emotional or what kind of thoughts it will give you until you experience it in the present. Just like last year with covid. We knew it was bad, but we didn't know how it would feel to live in a pandemic until we were in one. God knew that man would rebel, but when He saw it play out right in front of Him, He became sorry He ever created us.

Old 06-06-2021, 07:05 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
You do realize that these are just opinions and are not proof of anything.
Quote:
One of the things that believers do (or don't do) is ignore obvious, HUGE disconnects between what they profess on one hand, and what they profess on the other. Dots they old to be true, but which not only can't be connected, but are in direct contravention to each other.

Well-known radio host Dennis Prager is a believer in the perfect, all knowing god of the bible. A god to wise and powerful as to have created the Universe and all that is in it, including ALL the laws of nature, all the way down to the forces that hold the various particles of atoms together.

Yet, in the next breath, he describes mankind, the crowning achievement of this "creator", as being deeply flawed!

Whoa Nelly, how can that be. Onmi-whatever creator that is infinitely-wise and powerful, and the best he can come up with is a deeply flawed mankind! Really!

The contradiction is immense to the point of infinity.

I do agree that mankind is deeply flawed, so it must be the other side of the contradiction that is fatally-flawed, i.e. that there is an omni-this and omni-that creator., It simply can't be both ways if one is in the least bit intellectually-honest (not a characteristic, however, properly associated with believers or believing).

Old 06-06-2021, 08:11 PM

4,606 posts, read 3,000,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well explain infinity to me. God has always been forever. God is the beginning or there never was a beginning. God was always here. No one created God. It's hard to grasp that concept because our limited human brains can only understand time as a linear line. Well God exists outside of time so our understanding of past, present and future may be different in reality to God. Therefore your idea of an omniscient God only fits in a linear time reality.

Or assuming God exists in the same linear time fashion as us, knowing and experiencing in the present are too different things. You don't know how something will feel on an emotional or what kind of thoughts it will give you until you experience it in the present. Just like last year with covid. We knew it was bad, but we didn't know how it would feel to live in a pandemic until we were in one. God knew that man would rebel, but when He saw it play out right in front of Him, He became sorry He ever created us.

How do you know these things?

Old 06-06-2021, 08:15 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Yes, it clearly states in the bible that God is the beginning and the end.

God had a beginning and will have an end. God is not infinite and did not always exist. It's in the bible.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:06 PM

23,149 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Yes, it clearly states in the bible that God is the beginning and the end.

God had a beginning and will have an end. God is not infinite and did not always exist. It's in the bible.
Doesnt say anything like that man, you just making things up, God has no beginning and has no end.

Lol, I mean, what are you even talking about?

You didnt get your ideas from the bible, and you are making false claims about the bible as if you knew the bible when you havent a clue.

Go talk about somebody else's book, you clearly fail when it comes to the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality