Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2021, 03:09 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
For one thing, it didn't happen over 6 days. For all we know, the universe existed forever,
“For all we know…” As I thought, you have no truth. You’re just a bomb-thrower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 03:20 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
“For all we know…” As I thought, you have no truth. You’re just a bomb-thrower.
What do you want a library of science books on all that encompasses the Universe.

The Universe has existed for all intents and purposes FOREVER, and dogma says it was created, soup-to-nuts, including dino's and people all in 6 days. You pick the truth Moderator cut: Language.

So since I can't pin down EXACTLY how old the UNIVERSE is (nobody, including you, can), that equates to "no truth". Only a FOOL would conflate those two, and, baby, you fit the bill perfectly.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-12-2021 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Unacceptable language. Read the rules.

Old 06-12-2021, 03:29 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Oh, Puleeeeaaaassseeee. You don't have a Critical Thinking synapse in your brain, if your posts are any indication. You're self-flattering delusion is OBSCENE. Your posts are utterly DEVOID of even a trace, hint or vestige of Critical Thinking.

However, I must say, you have, no doubt, launched dozens into uncontrollable laughter with that statement.
Not "flattering"...just stating the facts of the matter.
LearnMe had noted, "Critical thinking is about dealing with subjectivity in the most objective manner possible, and it's necessary or all of us are doomed for worse than need be. Critical thinking, like any other ability or talent, is not something everyone can do as well as others."
To note that I understood that (even on a personal level)...I stated my experience with formal training in that "ability/talent".
Which is why it was very easy to assess that you function off of headtrips & emotion...and not logic & reason.
You aren't even sensible enough not to question and critique the actions and attitude of Beings you don't believe to exist! And if they did exist...the place you got your info from (The Bible) concerning their supposed actions and attitude, also provides the info (God is Omnimax Powered & has thoughts & ways above yours) that blows away any argument you have that is based upon your personal assessment.

Old 06-12-2021, 03:40 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
What do you want a library of science books on all that encompasses the Universe.

The Universe has existed for all intents and purposes FOREVER, and dogma says it was created, soup-to-nuts, including dino's and people all in 6 days. You pick the truth Moderator cut: language.

So since I can't pin down EXACTLY how old the UNIVERSE is (nobody, including you, can), that equates to "no truth". Only a FOOL would conflate those two, and, baby, you fit the bill perfectly.
FYI:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/54523228-post6.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/36093973-post2.html
Specifically note #1 & #7.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-12-2021 at 06:40 PM..

Old 06-12-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I am so sorry if I violated any forum rules for telling the truth.

Old 06-12-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Not "flattering"...just stating the facts of the matter.
LearnMe had noted, "Critical thinking is about dealing with subjectivity in the most objective manner possible, and it's necessary or all of us are doomed for worse than need be. Critical thinking, like any other ability or talent, is not something everyone can do as well as others."
To note that I understood that (even on a personal level)...I stated my experience with formal training in that "ability/talent".
Which is why it was very easy to assess that you function off of headtrips & emotion...and not logic & reason.
You aren't even sensible enough not to question and critique the actions and attitude of Beings you don't believe to exist! And if they did exist...the place you got your info from (The Bible) concerning their supposed actions and attitude, also provides the info (God is Omnimax Powered & has thoughts & ways above yours) that blows away any argument you have that is based upon your personal assessment.
You spew gibberish and expect to be taken seriously. Really?

Sorry, but THAT is NOT going to happen.

BTW, citing a non-mainstream definition does NOT, as you keep insisting it does, amount to evidence, much less proof, that the defined entity actually exists. You can't get the pea around that, sadly.

Old 06-12-2021, 05:25 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:

The Universe has existed for all intents and purposes FOREVER, and dogma says it was created, soup-to-nuts, including dino's and people all in 6 days. You pick the truth a-hole.

You can’t pin down anything regarding creation or God. And I’m sure you know dogma doesn’t not necessarily say a “day” is 24 hours. Scripture tells us God doesn’t count days like we do.

Old 06-12-2021, 05:27 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You can’t pin down anything regarding creation or God. And I’m sure you know dogma doesn’t not necessarily say a “day” is 24 hours. Scripture tells us God doesn’t count days like we do.
How convenient.

Old 06-12-2021, 05:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
How convenient.
Uh-huh.

And donkeys talk. A dude lived in a fish for three days. And Noah somehow fetched and returned a pair of Tasmanian devils.

All "true" according to fundies.

Old 06-12-2021, 06:03 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Uh-huh.

And donkeys talk. A dude lived in a fish for three days. And Noah somehow fetched and returned a pair of Tasmanian devils.

All "true" according to fundies.
Wait a minute. In Looney Tunes wasn't there only one Tazmanian Devil?
I trust Looney Tunes more than I trust the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality