Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2021, 10:25 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
So you don't have a substantive response to offer? This is where you can make your case, or at least pony-up some evidence or disprove what I offered.

And always remember, it may be epic, but it is just fiction. AND, I believe if you combined the entire works of the scientific process together in one document it would blow your work of fiction away.
I guess you too haven't been reading much in the way of my comments, or you would know my "case."

Par for the course in this forum...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 10:28 AM

88,507 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
So you don't have a substantive response to offer? This is where you can make your case, or at least pony-up some evidence or disprove what I offered.

And always remember, it may be epic, but it is just fiction. AND, I believe if you combined the entire works of the scientific process together in one document it would blow your work of fiction away.

For example, people over the whole world knows that the acceleration of an object due to Earth's gravity is 32 fps/s. Ergo, every scientifically-discovered and quantified fact is accepted by virtually everyone, except evolution because it utterly disproves dogma.
There's this thing called sarcasm, Salty.

You've been on this forum how long and don't know that LearnMe is an atheist?

Old 06-13-2021, 10:30 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Suit yourself.
You are the one with the critical thinking skills that are so keen you determine that putting an average of 10 posts a day for 6 years onto a interweb forum titled "Religion and Spirituality", bashing, insulting, and mocking a handful of Theist strangers will keep them from "believing nonsense" or shield the world from "the harm of Religion".
I cannot compete with a mind that amazingly astute...so, it's probably a "good" thing.
BUT, in all fairness, you are amusing and fun to be around!!!

Old 06-13-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Suit yourself.
You are the one with the critical thinking skills that are so keen you determine that putting an average of 10 posts a day for 6 years onto a interweb forum titled "Religion and Spirituality", bashing, insulting, and mocking a handful of Theist strangers will keep them from "believing nonsense" or shield the world from "the harm of Religion".
I cannot compete with a mind that amazingly astute...so, it's probably a "good" thing.
Critical thinking skills help me to know a lost cause when I see one...

You are obviously applying more in the way of basic math skills, and your lack of critical thinking skills has you again ignoring everything already explained about this too! Also believing that mention of one's history or activity in this forum means anything to anybody but you.

You provide about as much hope for an intelligent discussion as a brick, so yes, not "probably" a good thing. A definite and long over due thing.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There's this thing called sarcasm, Salty.

You've been on this forum how long and don't know that LearnMe is an atheist?
To be honest, I have a hard time keep people straight in my mind. I am terrible with names, and it shows here. My bad.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I guess you too haven't been reading much in the way of my comments, or you would know my "case."

Par for the course in this forum...
Most names here seem to blur together here (and elsewhere). My mistake.

However,, I do think there is value in my response even if it is mis-directed.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
"But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord, one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day." 2 Peter 3:8
Thank you. Really. This is more the sort of fact that can be considered a little more seriously and actually an answer to my question!

That said, I'm not sure how a day versus a thousand years makes any more sense given what we now know about the age of the Earth let alone the age of the universe. So stated in the Bible, but again and as always, seemingly littered with references and errors that would be expected of man back in the day they wrote the Bible. Little that one can truly identify as fact and divine in nature.

This is one of the significant "sticking points" for me when it comes to scripture. Pretty much all scripture. Too much evidence of man. Too little evidence of anything god-like.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
"But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord, one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day." 2 Peter 3:8
Sorry, but it is anything BUT a fact.

Last edited by Salty Water; 06-13-2021 at 11:03 AM..

Old 06-13-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
To be honest, I have a hard time keep people straight in my mind. I am terrible with names, and it shows here. My bad.
Interesting...

Doesn't take me long at all to tell where everyone is coming from in these threads. Maybe because I actually read and consider most if not all the comments more than I should. I should really be more discerning as a rule. My bad.

No worries, as now it is time for me to get on with another customary BSB here.

And a blessed Sunday to y'all too!

Old 06-13-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Most names here seem to blur together here (and elsewhere). My mistake.

However,, I do think there is value in my response even if it is mis-directed.
Just this before I go...

You reacted to this comment of mine; "Yeah but turns out to be the "most epic and prolific" story ever told, so they must have known something about what they were doing, and pretty good at doing it!"

Bit of sarcasm, yes, but actually some truth to consider here as well. Though some of us may think there are more than a few significant problems with the Bible and what people believe about the Bible, there is no doubt the authors produced something that can arguably be considered quite "epic and prolific."

This doesn't mean the Bible is anything more than truly great fiction, but no one can argue it's history and reach have been profound. If there is "value" in my response it is to recognize this simple fact, but also of course to properly understand it as best we can so as not to make any false conclusions about the Bible.

Okay! That should just about do for my effort to improve my average of daily posts in this forum! My goal is to become the most epic and prolific poster this forum has ever known, and I don't care how many thousands of years it takes me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality