Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2021, 03:49 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Too many people have believed it for me to describe it as lunacy. Many of them are simply believing what they were taught. I'm not sure what to call it, but not lunacy.
I can understand that. You should have heard the things they used to call me when I used to tell people I didn't believe in god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Exactly. It all smacks of mankind and his earthly "universe", which has been projected, via scripture, onto their "creator".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
So you say...

Yes, man DID give God the pronoun of "he". Ever hear of God referring to 'himself' as 'he'?

That's not for GOD'S benefit; it's for OURS. While God is outside of time, *we* are not.

Yes, He HAD that ability. But having the ability to do something doesn't mean that you MUST use it. Having been born a woman, I have the ability to bear children. But does that mean that I MUST? If so (in YOUR mind), WHY?

God has His own plan. Perhaps doing something other than what He did, wouldn't be...dare I say...logical...

Why "shouldn't" God destroy man by a flood?

LOL! You think how we're living is "hell" NOW?
Why should god destroy man and everything else by flood or otherwise. IF his experiment went bad, he had only himself to blame. He should have fallen on his sword (that is, IF he existed, and IF he created anything whatsoever etc, etc.) rather than the players/victims in/of his little game/experiment.

Why/how would/could god be outside of time? It is Universal.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-16-2021 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: fixed multiple quotes.

Old 06-13-2021, 05:27 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,787,858 times
Quote:
Exactly. It all smacks of mankind and his earthly "universe", which has been projected, via scripture, onto their "creator".
Why should god destroy man and everything else by flood or otherwise. IF his experiment went bad, he had only himself to blame. He should have fallen on his sword (that is, IF he existed, and IF he created anything whatsoever etc, etc.) rather than the players/victims in/of his little game/experiment.

Why/how would/could god be outside of time? It is Universal.
Who said it was an "experiment"?

God doesn't do things for HIM, He does things for US. Some understand...some don't.

How God could be outside of time is the same way that *you* could also be outside of what you create.

If you create a cake, aren't you outside of that cake?

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-14-2021 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: Removed extra quote tags

Old 06-13-2021, 06:34 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
" How could be outside of time?"

Good God, there ain't no such thing as time, are you serial?

All of time is a little book you open that has a beginning and end, and you can put you finger on any page you want. I can look back a billion years if I want because there is no such thing as time

Time is an illusion of man, I agree with Einstine.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:24 PM

1,402 posts, read 476,797 times
Quote:
Yes, man DID give God the pronoun of "he". Ever hear of God referring to 'himself' as 'he'?
Nope, never. Of course, I've never heard of God referring to himself at all. I HAVE heard of things humans imagined what God might say and do, if he could.

Quote:
Yes, He HAD that ability.
And you know this how?

Quote:
God has His own plan.
And you know this how?

Quote:
God doesn't do things for HIM, He does things for US.
And you know this how?

Old 06-13-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
" How could be outside of time?"

Good God, there ain't no such thing as time, are you serial?

All of time is a little book you open that has a beginning and end, and you can put you finger on any page you want. I can look back a billion years if I want because there is no such thing as time

Time is an illusion of man, I agree with Einstine.

There is not one learned person in America who will concur with you. Try holding your breath for 3 mins and tell mere is no such thing as time. You could ask Einstein about time and his theory of special relativity, if he was still alive.

What do you mean by "are you serial?"

PS Ain't isn't a word, and people who use it demonstrate a distinct lack of education when they do so. Just saying

Old 06-13-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
There is not one learned person in America who will concur with you. Try holding your breath for 3 mins and tell mere is no such thing as time. You could ask Einstein about time and his theory of special relativity, if he was still alive.

What do you mean by "are you serial?"

PS Ain't isn't a word, and people who use it demonstrate a distinct lack of education when they do so. Just saying
Yea, I quit school in the 9th grade, ain't that a peach?

Old 06-13-2021, 07:36 PM

Quote:

Who said it was an "experiment"?

God doesn't do things for HIM, He does things for US. Some understand...some don't.

How God could be outside of time is the same way that *you* could also be outside of what you create.

If you create a cake, aren't you outside of that cake?

The facts, as asserted, characterize it as such. Garden, fruit, snake, "free will".

If you build a house aren't you outside of that house? (Rhetorical question in response to your cake statement). Oops, perhaps you might want to retract your statement.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-14-2021 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: Removed extra quote tags

Old 06-13-2021, 07:37 PM

Karen is all like, "You a dumb hick,"" lol, ain't that a peach.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yea, I quit school in the 9th grade, ain't that a peach?
Too bad. OTOH, I quit school after my Masters Degree back in the 70s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality