Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2021, 09:30 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Why don't you stop lying, for a change. I mean really. Lies Lies Lies.

Who here is advocating to stop religion? Put up, now, and if you can't, cancel your membership and leave. Enough of your BS is quite enough of your BS
I have to agree with your sentiment here.

I'm not trying to eliminate religion. I'm trying to stop religion from influencing the lives of non-believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 09:39 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:

Who here is advocating to stop religion? Put up, now, and if you can't, cancel your membership and leave. Enough of your BS is quite enough of your BS
What does this "BS" mean Salty?
First of all...one can stop participating...but, once made, you cannot "cancel your membership" or get rid of all your posts. (Refer to the main TOS).
Many claim "Religion is the biggest insult to mankind" (sound familiar)..."Religion is the biggest threat to humankind"..."anyone teaching Religion to children should be charged with child-abuse, prosecuted, & jailed".
Many of the Anti-Religionists have said the reason they have spent so much time on this board is to "inform & advocate to stop the harm of Religion". Only a fool or a liar wouldn't want to fight the biggest insult/threat to humankind, that is so bad that teaching it to kids should carry a prison penalty.
This has been going on since I came to this board years ago: https://www.city-data.com/forum/14012982-post106.html
You said to, "Put up, now, and if you can't...leave".
Now...hold yourself to the same.
Since I "put up" & posted a link that proved what you said was a lie...YOU go.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:47 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
First of all...one can stop participating...but, once made, you cannot "cancel your membership" or get rid of all your posts. (Refer to the main TOS).
Many claim "Religion is the biggest insult to mankind" (sound familiar)..."Religion is the biggest threat to humankind"..."anyone teaching Religion to children should be charged with child-abuse, prosecuted, & jailed".
Many of the Anti-Religionists have said the reason they have spent so much time on this board is to "inform & advocate to stop the harm of Religion". Only a fool or a liar wouldn't want to fight the biggest insult/threat to humankind, that is so bad that teaching it to kids should carry a prison penalty.
This has been going on since I came to this board years ago: https://www.city-data.com/forum/14012982-post106.html
The usual dishonest fishing.

Your childish post was "No, no, no Arach...that is way too logical, reasonable, and sensible...and it doesn't serve to "fight evil Religion".

Anything that isn't "deny everything we cannot use to push our belief statement" is lunacy...you must always base any ideas or views off of that.
", not the dishonest misrepresentation you posted above.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:50 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

I'm not trying to eliminate religion. I'm trying to stop religion from influencing the lives of non-believers.
But apparently that is bad, the religious fundamentalists are allowed to be bigots and murderers, and we have to be quiet about it.

Cue the misrepresentation of the Uighurs.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:54 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:

lets see.

It looks like we are in a system that matches alive more than not alive. We can use just the traits in a biology book. Going a few steps deeper and it seals the deal. It offers a mechanism, makes predictions, and clearly matches what we see.

that has some implications on how people behave. I am not a woo type, but I can see some people taking that to a spiritual level for them. Like some people do with pets, food, or any activity.

now .. we have some claims to compare.

a deity
living (loosely pantheism fits)
non living
deny every singled thing people say because salty has whatever it is he wants us to do.

what one one of those is more reliable?

Old 06-14-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:

Yes ... I have been saying that for a long time now. everything you say has "stop religion" written all over it ... Your posts are deceitful.

you base all discussions on it and it is a political agenda and you use deceit by omission if not down right lying to them.

like talking about anything other than "I am here to stop religion" is boring and beating a dead horse.. When in fact, only talk about belief in order to stop religion is beating a dead horse. over and over and over again ...in a non political forum.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:01 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
No, no, no Arach...that is way too logical, reasonable, and sensible...and it doesn't serve to "fight evil Religion".

Anything that isn't "deny everything we cannot use to push our belief statement" is lunacy...you must always base any ideas or views off of that.
Quote:

Quote:

I said "fight evil Religion".
You just admitted that is what you (and many of y'all) are doing.
So...who is "lying"?

Old 06-14-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
and repeating that over and over and over and over and over is considered fresh and insightful.

trying to talk about beliefs using actual data and observations to see how they compare is considered beating the dead horse and not getting us where we clearly need to be.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:11 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:

Precisely.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:15 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:
"Many" doesn't constitute "Put(ing) up. Nor does posting a link to an 11 year old post. Time for U to shut up.

BS means "Gldnrule"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality