Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 12:29 PM

10,520 posts, read 6,156,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh, I am human alright, but I have met God. That is the difference between us, LearnMe.

To meet implies to 'be in the presence of'.
Aren't you always in the presence of god?

And from a theists perspective aren't all of us, even atheists always in the presence of god?

Could you explain what you mean by 'met'? Trying to understand what you mean thats different from the everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 12:56 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,305,920 times
You do realize the church of the SubGenius is a joke, right? And Raelism is based on an album by the rock group Genesis?

Old 06-17-2021, 12:58 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,305,920 times
Why would urology become a religion? I mean, if you're having trouble "going", it's darn important, but I don't think it quite rises to the level of a religion.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:53 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
To meet implies to 'be in the presence of'.
Aren't you always in the presence of god?

And from a theists perspective aren't all of us, even atheists always in the presence of god?

Could you explain what you mean by 'met'? Trying to understand what you mean thats different from the everyday.
Yes, I am always in the presence as we all are, Cruithne. But my awareness of it began when I was taken by surprise during deep meditation by encountering another consciousness that completely subsumed mine (but was clearly not mine) and was comprised of a multitude of consciousnesses (and everything else that exists). We were all ONE but amazingly individuated. I had expected something very different (Nirvana) from Buddhist thought.

The indescribable "knowing" that accompanied this encounter was unmistakable, as was the joy, unconditional acceptance, and love. It completely erased my atheism instantly. My life was altered from then on and my decades-long quest to confirm it and explain it to my intellect began. It is that consciousness that I recognized in the descriptions of God's Holy Spirit in the Jesus narrative. That is why I adopted Christianity.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Yes, I am always in the presence as we all are, Cruithne. But my awareness of it began when I was taken by surprise during deep meditation by encountering another consciousness that completely subsumed mine (but was clearly not mine) and was comprised of a multitude of consciousnesses (and everything else that exists). We were all ONE but amazingly individuated. I had expected something very different (Nirvana) from Buddhist thought.

The indescribable "knowing" that accompanied this encounter was unmistakable, as was the joy, unconditional acceptance, and love. It completely erased my atheism instantly. My life was altered from then on and my decades-long quest to confirm it and explain it to my intellect began. It is that consciousness that I recognized in the descriptions of God's Holy Spirit in the Jesus narrative. That is why I adopted Christianity.
Probably should start another thread on this as I don't want to derail the OP's thread, but wouldn't this universal consciousness span all beliefs and non beliefs, creeds, religious or non religious etc. If it's Universal it's universal right? Presumably spans beyond earth even? Not sure why you need Christianity?
If Christianity didn't exist, surely the universal consciousness would be there regardless?

This is the thing that puzzles me about you Mystic. On every level you are an intelligent person and I believe that you believe what you experienced was real. I understand how you have explained it all to yourself
Where it all falls apart for me is this tying it all to Christianity.

Christianity (as from the bible) as I'm sure you will agree is full of holes, and contradictions. I'm sure you cannot think it is the actual word of god?
It just doesn't fit to me with your other philosophies in life.

They seem to me to clash with one another.

I don't have anything against Christianity I just can't understand why you follow it?

Old 06-18-2021, 09:00 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times
Quote:
Probably should start another thread on this as I don't want to derail the OP's thread, but wouldn't this universal consciousness span all beliefs and non beliefs, creeds, religious or non religious etc. If it's Universal it's universal right? Presumably spans beyond earth even? Not sure why you need Christianity?
If Christianity didn't exist, surely the universal consciousness would be there regardless?

This is the thing that puzzles me about you Mystic. On every level you are an intelligent person and I believe that you believe what you experienced was real. I understand how you have explained it all to yourself

Christianity (as from the bible) as I'm sure you will agree is full of holes, and contradictions. I'm sure you cannot think it is the actual word of god?

I don't have anything against Christianity I just can't understand why you follow it?
My take on mystic. And he can correct me if I am wrong.

back ground:

This is where precision and accuracy comes into play. We need to repeat what he is saying with accuracy and similarly to each other. We then have to repeat what each of us saying until we agree with what we are agreeing with.

This is where trans and I disconnected very quickly. He told me we need to be very careful what we say because theist can use it and make atheism harder to sell. Well, at that point, I am not political. I don't have that kind of agenda so we disconnected right there.

Mystic said he uses the Christian narrative as the frame work for communication. One thing he points out is that it seems to him Jesus spoke to what he felt. Logistically speaking it (jesus story) is a ready made package that many understand.

Mystic repeatedly says he against the old presentation of a deity. His belief is actually more atheist than theist to me in that its not deity, but thats another conversation.

Theory:

He believes, to me, that we are spacetime exchanging information via the mechanism shown in QED. That the volume we are in is bigger than each individual and we are more like nodes of complexity in a system.

He wraps that in Christianity for for practical reasons. I can see arguing the confusion and semantics. I get that part. Calling it wrong, not evidence, and and having to fight it because we must fight any sorta god so theist can't use any of it is what i disagree with.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:

I put it in a larger context, Cruithne. I am fairly certain our little planet is not the only home of sentience, but each such home has to have a process for elevating the consciousness produced there to agape love. That is why I see the avatar meme as fundamental to that societal evolution. For our planet in our backwater of the galaxy, Jesus Christ is the one who fully achieved that elevation of human consciousness to the level of God's agape love. Other planets will have different avatars but the same goal.

Like all offspring, we are to reproduce the completely independent, self-directed, and agape-loving consciousness of God. There is no way for that to happen by decree. We must evolve to it, discover it, mature and develop it, and prefer it on our own prerogative. That kind of process mandates that the initial stages of developing consciousness for any species, wherever it may reside, will be immature, out of resonance, and separate from God's consciousness. The first of each species to achieve "perfect resonance" is the avatar who makes the essential connection for their species' collective consciousness thereby eliminating the separation.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:55 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times
Quote:
I put it in a larger context, Cruithne. I am fairly certain our little planet is not the only home of sentience, but each such home has to have a process for elevating the consciousness produced there to agape love. That is why I see the avatar meme as fundamental to that societal evolution. For our planet in our backwater of the galaxy, Jesus Christ is the one who fully achieved that elevation of human consciousness to the level of God's agape love. Other planets will have different avatars but the same goal.

Like all offspring, we are to reproduce the completely independent, self-directed, and agape-loving consciousness of God. There is no way for that to happen by decree. We must evolve to it, discover it, mature and develop it, and prefer it on our own prerogative. That kind of process mandates that the initial stages of developing consciousness for any species, wherever it may reside, will be immature, out of resonance, and separate from God's consciousness. The first of each species to achieve "perfect resonance" is the avatar who makes the essential connection for their species' collective consciousness thereby eliminating the separation.
I lack belief in this. But I have no idea why this is so offensive outside of fight religion.

I am atheist that lacks belief in what you say about that unified field. So let me state it wiothout god.

Humans part of life evolving to a "more compassionate life form" than just self serving animals (as many use the word). And like all life, reproducing (passing down) those traits that give us strength to adapt and overcome any changes in the system. "Compassion" seems to be a better trait then "indifference". Unity better than isolation.

"I and the father becoming one" . Better stated, awaking to realize we were always one.

It is so inoffensive I can't understand the resistance. It has to be more than just we are rude sometimes. I mean who is that self absorbed to over ride what people say based solely on how they feel.

Ok, your a donkey (and so am I) trying to be swan and we fall short. Does that mean if we say the earth revolves around the sun we are wrong.

Old 06-18-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Okay

Still doesn't make any sense to me though why you would think Christianity is the chosen conduit for this stuff. I'm sure other religions think the same about their religion.
Would you be open to the idea that god has reached out in multiple ways and Christianity is not the only way to achieve the same 'perfect resonance'?

Old 06-18-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Okay

Still doesn't make any sense to me though why you would think Christianity is the chosen conduit for this stuff. I'm sure other religions think the same about their religion.
Would you be open to the idea that god has reached out in multiple ways and Christianity is not the only way to achieve the same 'perfect resonance'?
I would. However, I see imperfections in the attempts and achievements of the other extant avatars in the spiritual fossil record. Even Buddha acknowledged his own imperfection as he predicted some 500 years before Christ that there would eventually be a perfect Maitreya. Guess who I think he foretold?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality