Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 04:04 PM

2,400 posts, read 775,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
the periodic table. Its a picture of him, she, it, whatever. You can google the PT ... if you forget.

but claiming no proof ... of any type of god belief ... well, that's why we limit some discussions on belief, the deny everything because we are fighting religion starts to look stupid.
How so. How does the orderly arrangement of elements based on electrons in their outer shell amount to evidence of the existence of a creator? It seems too kludgy to me to be the work of infinite intellect.

I have always opined that the Universe is way too complicated to be the work of an infinitely-intelligent creator - especially life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
HELLLOOOO. Of course. I wrote an entire post on the subject in A&A not long ago and another one elsewhere on this forum in response to those who said "just call on God/Jesus and he will answer you" to reiterate that so many have done just that with no results.

Oh stop. You are wrong. Sometimes we do break out in a good discussion now and again, but it's NOT going to happen when on every thread somebody feels the need to say PROVE GOD EXISTS!!!! any more than it's going to happen when someone says "JUST BELIEVE!!" every chance they get.

A good example is the recent thread started asking if hierarchy harms religion. Was there really a need for someone to jump into a discussion about a specific aspect of religion such as that just to wave their arms and shout "first you have to prove God exists"? No. We know that RELIGION exists and that many religions have complicated hierarchies, and so asking if God exists in that context is off-topic.

You are one of the one-trick ponies if you yourself are going to use the same old trick. Come up with a new topic, and maybe people will wake up and respond.

By the way, I don't see where there was anything "round-about" in what I said. It was pretty straightforward.
Noted.

Old 06-22-2021, 04:42 PM

3,776 posts, read 1,331,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Post a photo of "HIM".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yV0pu60Uqs

Old 06-22-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
(snip)
Please, this is a serious subject the mindless distractions of some on the forum notwithstanding.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:01 PM

21,869 posts, read 19,019,005 times
Quote:
Please, this is a serious subject the mindless distractions of some on the forum notwithstanding.
the opening post is mindless.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:03 PM

21,869 posts, read 19,019,005 times
Quote:
If that is the case, shut down the forum, for as I see it, there isn't really anything to talk about. As far as asking if "you really exist....", do you really think i haven't already done that. You know what the answer was? Same as here, CRICKETS! Everyone here, with maybe an exception, is a one-trick pony so to speak, more or less. But as you insist in a sort of round-a-bout manner, I'll desist and you all can go back to sleep.
the opening post is a one trick pony.
again.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:36 PM

10,488 posts, read 6,097,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm actually not quite clear what your question is?

Are you asking for evidence of the existence of god based on people's experience or are you asking for the existence of god based on biblical texts and asking people to cite references based on the texts?
I think it's the second one, but could you just clarify?
Can't help but notice that you didn't answer my question unless I missed it, or you missed it, or both, so leaving it here.
Not trying to be difficult, just asking for clarification.

Quote:
Post a photo of "HIM".

If the poster provided a photo, would that persuade you?
What would you be expecting to see in the photo?

Some kind of monty python version of god with a white beard?
A spooky mist?
A bright light?
A rainbow?
A galaxy?
Clouds?

Old 06-22-2021, 05:51 PM

1,440 posts, read 464,415 times
Asking for proof or evidence is what the tempter did when he said; If you are the Son of God , tell these stones to become bread. And Jesus the Messiah said; It is written, man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

So then the tempter tempted him on that line of following God's word to prove it, as it says; Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. If you are the Son of God, he said; throw yourself down for it is written: He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. Jesus the Messiah said; it is also written: Do not put the Lord your God to the test.

So then the tempter tempted him on that line, as in the first two replies Jesus the Messiah's focus was directed towards God and not himself. So, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. And said; All this I will give you if you will bow down and worship me. Jesus the Messiah said; Away from me Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.

When people try to put you under the guise of proving yourself to them, you will never arrive under their terms, because they place themselves in control of the destination and make you their prisoner. Forever trying to prove yourself. And Jesus the Messiah looked past the tempter and all the vantage points he tried to present and preside over, to the One True God.

Old 06-22-2021, 06:46 PM

50,151 posts, read 23,799,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Asking for proof or evidence is what the tempter did when he said; If you are the Son of God , tell these stones to become bread. And Jesus the Messiah said; It is written, man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

So then the tempter tempted him on that line of following God's word to prove it, as it says; Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. If you are the Son of God, he said; throw yourself down for it is written: He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. Jesus the Messiah said; it is also written: Do not put the Lord your God to the test.

So then the tempter tempted him on that line, as in the first two replies Jesus the Messiah's focus was directed towards God and not himself. So, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. And said; All this I will give you if you will bow down and worship me. Jesus the Messiah said; Away from me Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.

When people try to put you under the guise of proving yourself to them, you will never arrive under their terms, because they place themselves in control of the destination and make you their prisoner. Forever trying to prove yourself. And Jesus the Messiah looked past the tempter and all the vantage points he tried to present and preside over, to the One True God.
That's all very convenient.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the opening post is mindless.
I take it you're a Kool-Aid guzzler. Got news for you, that eternal life in heaven they promised you. Well, bubba, it's a LIE. When you die, that is it for you FOREVER. Just though you'd want to know so you can prepare for the nothingness, the eternal nothingness that will follow you going kaput.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality