Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 04:16 AM

128 posts, read 39,340 times

Advertisements

The question applies to any supernatural god/God (singular or plural), worshiped under any religion or any type of non religion. It's also obviously directed towards theists. Non theists are welcome to comment on the theist replies. To all people ..... please don't abuse or denigrate anyone.

In my opinion, if you "know" a god exists that means you don't have "faith and belief" a god exists. Why? Because you "know". For example, I don't have belief and faith that planet Earth exists, I know it exists.

In my opinion, if you have "belief and faith" a god exists then that means you don't "know". Why? Because faith and belief are required because you don't "know". For example, I have faith and belief that physical aliens exist, but I don't know they exist.

So theists, which do you have ..... a "belief" that a god exists or do you "know" a god exists?
Also, if you say you "know" a god exists, will you admit you don't have "belief and faith" that a god exists?

Remember, saying "I believe I know god exists" or "I know I believe god exists" are not proper answers (and you know it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 05:59 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,627,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
The question applies to any supernatural god/God (singular or plural), worshiped under any religion or any type of non religion. It's also obviously directed towards theists. Non theists are welcome to comment on the theist replies. To all people ..... please don't abuse or denigrate anyone.

In my opinion, if you "know" a god exists that means you don't have "faith and belief" a god exists. Why? Because you "know". For example, I don't have belief and faith that planet Earth exists, I know it exists.

In my opinion, if you have "belief and faith" a god exists then that means you don't "know". Why? Because faith and belief are required because you don't "know". For example, I have faith and belief that physical aliens exist, but I don't know they exist.

So theists, which do you have ..... a "belief" that a god exists or do you "know" a god exists?
Also, if you say you "know" a god exists, will you admit you don't have "belief and faith" that a god exists?

Remember, saying "I believe I know god exists" or "I know I believe god exists" are not proper answers (and you know it).
The God Entity that I perceive, comports definitively as God, and based upon direct observation is self-substantiating to unequivocally and irrefutably exist.
So...I KNOW (as certain as possible) the God I perceive exists.

Though, it is my view that all we have is 'faith and beliefs" (about anything), because nothing is infallible and could be wrong. We only work with a "Probability Scale" that the data and info we base our knowledge upon is accurate and valid.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:50 AM

63,565 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The God Entity that I perceive, comports definitively as God, and based upon direct observation is self-substantiating to unequivocally and irrefutably exist.
So...I KNOW (as certain as possible) the God I perceive exists.

Though, it is my view that all we have is 'faith and beliefs" (about anything), because nothing is infallible and could be wrong. We only work with a "Probability Scale" that the data and info we base our knowledge upon is accurate and valid.
All knowledge is probabilistic based on our faith and belief that we CAN know what exists. I KNOW God exists by direct experience and decades of supporting knowledge of science.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:15 AM

8,192 posts, read 3,396,865 times
Quote:

I know that the Universe is conscious. And I know that universal consciousness can manifest in infinite ways, including as personalities. Gods could be thought of as personalities existing on higher dimensional levels than our own.

I don't know the difference between gods, spirits, demons, angels, etc. I suppose it depends on who you ask.

Old 07-10-2021, 09:12 AM

16,631 posts, read 4,916,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I know that the Universe is conscious.
How? How does that work?

Old 07-10-2021, 09:37 AM

7,583 posts, read 6,051,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
All knowledge is probabilistic based on our faith and belief that we CAN know what exists. I KNOW God exists by direct experience and decades of supporting knowledge of science.
I do not know if a God exists and I do not believe that one exists. While I will not say "Absolutely not" I will say that as an entity, as a being, then no I do not believe it at all.

That being said, we have so many definitions of god, maybe because 7.8 Billion people on our Blue Rock all have different ideas about god or gods, making the definition personal and individual.

Thus, included within that populace, are going to be some who believe in an Entity god, some who believe in a formless energy god, some who believe in god as strictly a concept, an ideal, perhaps good, perhaps bad, but an ideal or concept to which humanity must strive . I have heard you Mystic use the term " Agape Love " Some will say that a god IS Agape Love...some may say that such love is just a component of a deity.

If someone seeks to be an example of living Love and Peace, spreading happiness and well being wherever he goes to the best of his ability, then some might call him a man of god, or in the case of this cat, a "humanist"
Perhaps The "god" is, in the end,. the self?

Old 07-10-2021, 10:00 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,891,719 times
I know God is real, God intervenes in my life regularly.
I am 70 years old and have known the Lord Jesus since I was 7 and He has been a faithful friend all my life.
Though I fail from time to time I seek His will and strongly desire the tutelage of the Holy Spirit Jesus provides, to lead me in all that I do.
God responds to honesty and transparency and humility and the reception of his investment in man, Jesus Christ.
If you had a neighbor that was generous and had influence, you would treat Him with every respect and regard his children with the same respect, and get to know him and let him get to know you. Then a mutual relationship can grow.
If you lie to him and he finds out his respect is then diminished, the relationship damaged.
The people he associates with are reputable and no criminals among them nor their associates.
God has no need to compromise with rebels, though He can use them, they are not worth keeping eternally.
A lot of people say they believe in God but believing is not what people actually do, they accommodate the idea but have no clue as to make a connection.
If you believe in a boat you put it in the water and GET IN IT. If you believe in a structure you stand under it.
You vote for the person you believe serves your interests.
Before I do most things I pray for God's direction because His direction is most important to me.
God sees things from an eternal perspective, I can't even see what I'll be doing the next hour.
It is not something the natural man with out the Holy Spirit can know, nor can he achieve it through some other means, other than Jesus Christ.
It is not about religion, it is about a relationship.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:13 AM

20,425 posts, read 12,723,464 times
Based on the evidence, I believe the Abrahamic God exists.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:28 PM

8,192 posts, read 3,396,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I do not know if a God exists and I do not believe that one exists. While I will not say "Absolutely not" I will say that as an entity, as a being, then no I do not believe it at all.

That being said, we have so many definitions of god, maybe because 7.8 Billion people on our Blue Rock all have different ideas about god or gods, making the definition personal and individual.

Thus, included within that populace, are going to be some who believe in an Entity god, some who believe in a formless energy god, some who believe in god as strictly a concept, an ideal, perhaps good, perhaps bad, but an ideal or concept to which humanity must strive . I have heard you Mystic use the term " Agape Love " Some will say that a god IS Agape Love...some may say that such love is just a component of a deity.

If someone seeks to be an example of living Love and Peace, spreading happiness and well being wherever he goes to the best of his ability, then some might call him a man of god, or in the case of this cat, a "humanist"
Perhaps The "god" is, in the end,. the self?
Humanism is very, very different from theism. Humanism assumes that humans are capable of knowing what is or is not "good." It assumes that it is possible to give happiness and well being to others.

Theism is the opposite, and it depends on knowing that we do not know what is best for others, or even for our own selves. It means letting go of our egos, of our desires and even of our best intentions. It requires knowing that a superior being lives within us, that we may call "god," and this being can guide us if we let it.

Humanism is related to leftist politics, and the arrogant belief that human intelligence is capable of solving all problems.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:33 PM

1,453 posts, read 470,704 times
Quote:

Do you believe and have faith that the Earth will remain forever ?

The Earth exists in the mortal realm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality