Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 02:25 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm glad you posted this, because it shows exactly what the/and your problem is.

You apparently thought this was okay: Originally Posted by EscAlaMike: "I'm a Christian, but I have no reason to disbelieve in the existence of "Brahma". Of course if he does exist, he's not God, but a devil. Psalm 95:5 "For all the gods of the Gentiles are devils: but the Lord made the heavens."

But when it is turned around to: Originally Posted by phetaroi: "You do realize, of course, that we Buddhists could -- if we used that same type of thinking -- say that Jesus and the christian god are devils." ... suddenly the exact same sentiment is something horrible.

Biased much?
Well, the sentiment that "Jesus and the christian god are devils" is a horrible one. Not only that, but a nonsensical one.

The Davidic claim that "the gods of the Gentiles are devils" is true. Truth might seem horrible to you, but that's your problem and not King David's.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:13 PM

298 posts, read 303,179 times
I am buddhist. May you have peace and happiness and compassion in whatever religion you practice. For me personally I have respect for whatever beliefs you have. I enjoy learning about all the different religions in the world.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:23 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarFamily View Post
I am buddhist. May you have peace and happiness and compassion in whatever religion you practice. For me personally I have respect for whatever beliefs you have. I enjoy learning about all the different religions in the world.
CCF...that's what I'm talkin about, right there^^^!!
Peace & Happiness to you & yours as well.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:50 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
yes . i agree. when someone honors the sacred, then they recognize the sacred in all paths, and in all people.
very nice. thank you Classic

Old 07-13-2021, 07:05 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,026 times
Quote:
Great post- thanks and likewise!

Old 07-13-2021, 10:53 PM

128 posts, read 39,474 times
People, please stay on topic. This topic is NOT a "general discussion" about Brahma or any other gods, or religions in general. The topic is ***SPECIFICALLY*** about the presentation of proof that Brahma doesn't exist.
So far within this topic, nobody (be it Christians or any other branch of theism) has presented any proof whatsoever that the Hindu Creator God Brahma doesn't exist.
If your version of theism doesn't possess proof that Brahma doesn't exist (proof is not a "view" or "opinion" or "religious belief"), will you please show intellectual honesty and admit it. And if you have "proof" that Brahma doesn't exist, please present that "proof". Thank you.

REMEMBER ----- PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:09 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Tzaph puts forth more facts, replete with wisdom, than all of your ilk put together X 100.
Stop stirring, child.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Some people are just miserable, nasty, and disrespectful.
If you call them out for being like that...they blame it on you for noting how rude and uncouth they are.
But...it takes all kinds to make up the world.
Your constant and dishonest attacks are against forum rules.

Old 07-14-2021, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Well, the sentiment that "Jesus and the christian god are devils" is a horrible one. Not only that, but a nonsensical one.

The Davidic claim that "the gods of the Gentiles are devils" is true. Truth might seem horrible to you, but that's your problem and not King David's.
Only if your belief is true.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:59 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
People, please stay on topic. This topic is NOT a "general discussion" about Brahma or any other gods, or religions in general. The topic is ***SPECIFICALLY*** about the presentation of proof that Brahma doesn't exist.
So far within this topic, nobody (be it Christians or any other branch of theism) has presented any proof whatsoever that the Hindu Creator God Brahma doesn't exist.
If your version of theism doesn't possess proof that Brahma doesn't exist (proof is not a "view" or "opinion" or "religious belief"), will you please show intellectual honesty and admit it. And if you have "proof" that Brahma doesn't exist, please present that "proof". Thank you.

REMEMBER ----- PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.
You must have forgotten this post to you...explaining why your demand is not logical or reasonable.
Here, read it again: https://www.city-data.com/forum/61429527-post11.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality