Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 07:45 AM

128 posts, read 39,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The Deities/Gods exist conceptually, by & through those metaphorical writings.
Concepts do exist. No?
They just don't exist materially...but, of course, that isn't the only type of "existence" there is.
Do you have thoughts and ideas that exist?
Answer that...and you will come to a greater understanding of how those Deities & Gods exist.

Those Deities/Gods DON'T EXIST.
Only the **CONCEPT** of those Deities/Gods exist. Therefore, those Deities/Gods DON'T EXIST.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:48 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
There you go, thank you. You've now admitted that the sun doesn't "rise" and the sun doesn't "travel" across our sky.
* gasp! * It doesn't "set" either.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:51 AM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:
Those Deities/Gods DON'T EXIST.
Only the **CONCEPT** of those Deities/Gods exist. Therefore, those Deities/Gods DON'T EXIST.

Apologies, but you didn't understand, what Gldnrule was saying.
If there is a mental concept of something, it exists, thought, maybe, just as a mental concept. But, you can't deny its existence, even in such an "odd" form".

Also, I'd absolutely suggest to read up on thoughtforms, or egregores.

Please, keep in mind one fact. That YOU believe that something does not exist, absolutely does not prove it to be so.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I don't live my life so preoccupied with other religions' gods that I care to take the negative position. Maybe that's you, or others here, but I'd rather talk about Jesus.

But I am glad that you recognize Brahma to be a different god.

Brahma is not a god, it doesn't exist, it's just a concept. The middle god of the Christianity trinity is not a god, it doesn't exist, it's just a concept.
People are entitled to believe in, or not believe in, the various mythical gods like Brahma, the trinity, Apollo, the non trinity Allah, the non trinity YWH, Zeus etc etc etc. It's called "freedom".

Old 07-13-2021, 07:58 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
There you go, thank you. You've now admitted that the sun doesn't "rise" and the sun doesn't "travel" across our sky.
Actually what we were discussing was your statement of belief is I don't know so I am guessing. Or something like that. Not the sun itself.

I showed that is not the case sometimes.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
* gasp! * It doesn't "set" either.

That's true, it doesn't "set". What happens is planet Earth rotates on its axis. And for the full 24 or so hours of that rotation, the sun remains in its natural location in the universe. The sun doesn't "change" itself in order to conform to Earth daily times. The sun doesn't "travel" across our sky.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:03 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Apologies, but you didn't understand, what Gldnrule was saying.
If there is a mental concept of something, it exists, thought, maybe, just as a mental concept. But, you can't deny its existence, even in such an "odd" form".

Also, I'd absolutely suggest to read up on thoughtforms, or egregores.

Please, keep in mind one fact. That YOU believe that something does not exist, absolutely does not prove it to be so.
jumbo may be juvenile (not an insult, just a statement of thought processes) in his approach to religion and spirituality, but he is correct none the less here.

We can go to matrix style evaluation and say what is anything around us but a concept, but that's not what we are really saying here.

We are saying the deity in many religions is not real, as even a rainbow is real, as we would classify "something" anyway. In fact, upon brief discussion, we would say they are only as real as a thought about a pink elephant is in our brains.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Actually what we were discussing was your statement of belief is I don't know so I am guessing. Or something like that. Not the sun itself.

I showed that is not the case sometimes.

No gods exist, whether you like that statement or not. "Perceptions" of gods exist.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:05 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
That's true, it doesn't "set". What happens is planet Earth rotates on its axis. And for the full 24 or so hours of that rotation, the sun remains in its natural location in the universe. The sun doesn't "change" itself in order to conform to Earth daily times. The sun doesn't "travel" across our sky.
So...what's the point of bringing up the sun?

Old 07-13-2021, 08:12 AM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
No gods exist, whether you like that statement or not. "Perceptions" of gods exist.
bold above is your belief.
as post below points out quite accurately, your belief is not a fact. (maybe learn to differentiate between belief, fact, opinion, view)
i agree with the fact that is stated below in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Apologies, but you didn't understand, what Gldnrule was saying. If there is a mental concept of something, it exists, thought, maybe, just as a mental concept. But, you can't deny its existence, even in such an "odd" form". Also, I'd absolutely suggest to read up on thoughtforms, or egregores. Please, keep in mind one fact. That YOU believe that something does not exist, absolutely does not prove it to be so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality