Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 05:34 PM

1,440 posts, read 464,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
It is crafty to frame all responses to your post as opinion, so I will respond outside that box.

The food in this world is temporal in nature, so the spirit and nutritional life that it shares with it's consumer is also temporal in nature. Even plant life is harvested.

The fruit from the tree of life is eternal in nature and is founded and rooted in the Life God shared from His first spoken word. And the only thing to be said in the honor of partaking of that food is the giving of Thanks.

Those who seek to consecrate over it, claiming to make it holy are missing the mark. They are claiming themselves as the life when they do so and are claiming their words as seed over it. If you catch the drift. And that is the same thing the serpent did in his beguiling.

Better to partake of a meal giving Thanks than to try an make yourself or the food deserving in some way. To give Thanks for what God has given, is to honor the life.
I have to say that I am struggling with this post a bit. I always check my work, to make sure everything is plumb and true, and the problem I am having with this post is making everything square. Because it does line up in some ways but not in others.

I see that the High Priest Melchizedek blessed God and Abram together and then they shared the meal. While the serpent claimed his own so-called blessing over the food. One blesses together while the other claims to bless together but divides.

One places himself between God and the recipient, while the High Priest Melchizedek does not. And that is where the discernment is. Jesus Christ washed the disciples feet, before the meal was served and it was necessary. And now I see why the Angels that visited Abraham, who Abraham washed their feet, and they told him that it was not necessary.

Last edited by chief scum; 08-12-2021 at 05:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 05:51 PM

63,420 posts, read 39,673,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Before I respond, Heart, Will you tell me HOW this spirit communicated with you?
<crickets>
Is Heart another hit and run poster? That seems suspicious.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:27 PM

10,948 posts, read 6,997,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart17 View Post
Perhaps you can see the signs that we are in a very unique time period. Darkness showing it´s face.
I don't think we're in a "unique time period", or that "darkness [is] showing its face"

Lots of idiocy yes, and people thrown off-balance by each news item that comes along (and not staying grounded in anything). But that's people and culture not paying attention. We don't need to tie-in or bring in the spiritual realm.

Now excuse me while I go and have a roasted tree weasel sandwich...

Last edited by Thoreau424; 08-12-2021 at 07:16 PM..

Old 08-12-2021, 09:32 PM

1,440 posts, read 464,870 times
The words you speak are of much greater importance than the food you eat. It wasn't eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil that brought the judgement on Adam, it was the words that he spoke after he ate that fruit. Blaming God and the Woman while declaring himself innocent, rather than owning what happened and seeking the mercy seat. The tree of life was near... That is what Jesus Christ was referring to when the Pharisees accused his disciples of eating with unclean hands. And he said it isn't the food you eat, but the words you speak, to paraphrase. The actual text is way better than my paraphrase.

I feel like it is a good time for me to get out of the way, and serve the people near me. I have a 35' Buick to do and it is an expensive car and the customer expects a perfect job, and he has been waiting on me for a long time, because he wants me to do the work for him. While I don't know that I can live long enough to get it done for him. I have been doing hard labor in dust and filth for many years.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:05 PM

8,174 posts, read 3,370,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart17 View Post
Hello!

Spirit also says i should tell others.

Probably so that i pay back for past wrong doing. For all animals who gave their lives.

Perhaps you can see the signs that we are in a very unique time period. Darkness showing it´s face.

Some people will go to heaven/higher dimension but not everyone i suppose. So i think it is important that we do what we can to teach compassion for all beings.

What are your opinions?

Love
Animals eat each other. And no, it isn't because they're too dumb to know any better. It's because they know what's good for them.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinwomb View Post
Be careful not to obsess too much about not eating meat and "spreading the word". the more involved you become with the idea of this, the more you lose yourself and your spiritual purpose. I am only speaking from experience as someone who went vegan for 6.5 years for ethical reasons. I stopped eating animals as a gesture of love and compassion. But it became all consuming. I became involved in animal rights and vegan philosophy and propaganda. I leafleted for Vegan Outreach at many high schools and colleges, attended protests, tried to convert family. I was a Christian before, but the Holy Bible does not support veganism. So I left the church and my relationship with God. I became angry all the time. I also fell back into my anorexia nervosa and became so obsessed with "healthy eating" and avoiding harm that I was down to eating leafy greens I grew myself and fresh fruit with occasional seeds for a while. I became dangerously underweight. Eventually I did recover from my eating disorder but I needed to let go of the rigid rules and restriction of veganism and accept that as a human I cause death and suffering even if indirectly. I am pescetarian now for the last four years, meaning I eat fish, eggs, dairy but no other meat. I do it by personal choice, no other reason, and I do not push it on others.

I returned to a relationship with Jesus last year and my life is so much healthier and fuller. I no longer obsess about every little ingredient in food, clothing, toiletries etc and whether there are animal products in it. I can still be a compassionate and loving person to others without being so terribly restrictive and expecting everyone else to live the exact same way. Suffering and death is part of life.

If you can maintain being vegetarian without it consuming you and becoming the focal point of your life, that is great. My primary focus is on Jesus. I don't believe He would ever ask me to not eat meat for any length of time, especially with my eating disorder tendencies.
As far as we know, Jesus never asked anyone to stop eating meat. And yes, suffering and death are part of life. If we love life, we must accept that.

Another thing "compassionate" vegetarians probably don't think about -- there are many ways of causing suffering, and eating animals is only one of them. We all cause suffering all the time, mostly without even knowing it. How we look at someone, how our voice sounds, what subtle messages we send -- all that can cause tremendous emotional suffering.

And we can cause suffering by not doing anything -- not calling a friend often enough, not inviting someone to your party. Etc., etc. There are myriad ways to be cruel while thinking you are being good.

We can try to be more conscious and careful, but since almost everything we think is subconscious, and almost everything we do or say sends multiple messages, often contradictory -- a truly compassionate life is not possible.

So have a cheeseburger if you want, it won't make a difference. And you might get some nutrients that you can't get from leaves and seeds.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Well, personally at one time I tried not eating meat for several weeks, intending that this should be my path forward, and my own spiritual guides told me that I needed to eat at least a small amount of meat in order for my body to be strong enough to do my spiritual work. It's not the same for everyone, but it doesn't mean that people who eat meat are less spiritual than those who don't.

I will say that in my dealings as a medium with those who have passed, they all have their regrets, but never once have I heard any of them say anything about what they ate or didn't eat while they were in physical form. Or tell their loved ones not to eat a particular food.

I also think right now we have enough division between individuals that we don't have to go looking for another reason to judge others.
I had been a vegetarian for a long time, because I hated the thought of eating an animal. But eventually I thought about how animals eat other animals, and that it's perfectly natural. And people living on farms were used to killing and eating animals, and we have just become disconnected with the realities of life on earth.

I also realized that I get strength and energy from eating meat. It doesn't have to be that often, but it really seems to be something I need.

Now of course we have completely unnatural ways of raising and killing animals, which I don't even want to think about.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:24 AM

1,730 posts, read 733,113 times
It seems like either God, evolution, or both together....gave humans meat eating teeth. So I can't blame meat eaters.

Old 08-14-2021, 09:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,429,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If animals are not supposed to be eaten they why are they made up with meat?

^^
Did you ask the spirit?
Well, if you look at it like that, humans are also made of meat!

Old 08-14-2021, 10:51 AM

8,874 posts, read 5,899,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, if you look at it like that, humans are also made of meat!
And that explains Hannibal Lechter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality