Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 01:50 AM

6 posts, read 3,331 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Spirit also says i should tell others.

Probably so that i pay back for past wrong doing. For all animals who gave their lives.

Perhaps you can see the signs that we are in a very unique time period. Darkness showing it´s face.

Some people will go to heaven/higher dimension but not everyone i suppose. So i think it is important that we do what we can to teach compassion for all beings.

What are your opinions?

Love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 03:25 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
So did that person go to Jesus Holy Spirit and get discernment of spirits for the spirit who told them to not eat meat ................. See, there are many spirits not of God ..... There are spirits that bring in storms which people call and bring in climate change which attracts these spirits who rule over their belief and then there are other spirits which bring in poor health, and political ideas, hate and strife, and people need to have these discerned by God or ignore them where they are bizarre......... God has a purpose for man to have meat to eat and would only tell someone to stop if there was poison in the meat when they interact with God

Old 08-12-2021, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
So did that person go to Jesus Holy Spirit and get discernment of spirits for the spirit who told them to not eat meat ................. See, there are many spirits not of God ..... There are spirits that bring in storms which people call and bring in climate change which attracts these spirits who rule over their belief and then there are other spirits which bring in poor health, and political ideas, hate and strife, and people need to have these discerned by God or ignore them where they are bizarre......... God has a purpose for man to have meat to eat and would only tell someone to stop if there was poison in the meat when they interact with God

This spirit is from God

Old 08-12-2021, 04:05 AM

1,199 posts, read 659,450 times
Be careful not to obsess too much about not eating meat and "spreading the word". the more involved you become with the idea of this, the more you lose yourself and your spiritual purpose. I am only speaking from experience as someone who went vegan for 6.5 years for ethical reasons. I stopped eating animals as a gesture of love and compassion. But it became all consuming. I became involved in animal rights and vegan philosophy and propaganda. I leafleted for Vegan Outreach at many high schools and colleges, attended protests, tried to convert family. I was a Christian before, but the Holy Bible does not support veganism. So I left the church and my relationship with God. I became angry all the time. I also fell back into my anorexia nervosa and became so obsessed with "healthy eating" and avoiding harm that I was down to eating leafy greens I grew myself and fresh fruit with occasional seeds for a while. I became dangerously underweight. Eventually I did recover from my eating disorder but I needed to let go of the rigid rules and restriction of veganism and accept that as a human I cause death and suffering even if indirectly. I am pescetarian now for the last four years, meaning I eat fish, eggs, dairy but no other meat. I do it by personal choice, no other reason, and I do not push it on others.

I returned to a relationship with Jesus last year and my life is so much healthier and fuller. I no longer obsess about every little ingredient in food, clothing, toiletries etc and whether there are animal products in it. I can still be a compassionate and loving person to others without being so terribly restrictive and expecting everyone else to live the exact same way. Suffering and death is part of life.

If you can maintain being vegetarian without it consuming you and becoming the focal point of your life, that is great. My primary focus is on Jesus. I don't believe He would ever ask me to not eat meat for any length of time, especially with my eating disorder tendencies.

Old 08-12-2021, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinwomb View Post
Be careful not to obsess too much about not eating meat and "spreading the word". the more involved you become with the idea of this, the more you lose yourself and your spiritual purpose. I am only speaking from experience as someone who went vegan for 6.5 years for ethical reasons. I stopped eating animals as a gesture of love and compassion. But it became all consuming. I became involved in animal rights and vegan philosophy and propaganda. I leafleted for Vegan Outreach at many high schools and colleges, attended protests, tried to convert family. I was a Christian before, but the Holy Bible does not support veganism. So I left the church and my relationship with God. I became angry all the time. I also fell back into my anorexia nervosa and became so obsessed with "healthy eating" and avoiding harm that I was down to eating leafy greens I grew myself and fresh fruit with occasional seeds for a while. I became dangerously underweight. Eventually I did recover from my eating disorder but I needed to let go of the rigid rules and restriction of veganism and accept that as a human I cause death and suffering even if indirectly. I am pescetarian now for the last four years, meaning I eat fish, eggs, dairy but no other meat. I do it by personal choice, no other reason, and I do not push it on others.

I returned to a relationship with Jesus last year and my life is so much healthier and fuller. I no longer obsess about every little ingredient in food, clothing, toiletries etc and whether there are animal products in it. I can still be a compassionate and loving person to others without being so terribly restrictive and expecting everyone else to live the exact same way. Suffering and death is part of life.

If you can maintain being vegetarian without it consuming you and becoming the focal point of your life, that is great. My primary focus is on Jesus. I don't believe He would ever ask me to not eat meat for any length of time, especially with my eating disorder tendencies.

I just do as spirit say.
I am vegetarian by the way.

Perhaps it is very important. To test how much we care about others. We don´t want anyone to kill and eat us.

It is possible that there is a very big difference between eating meat for taste vs survival.

One can possibly be considered selfish. I have no idea but it is a risk we should be aware of i suppose.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:54 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart17 View Post
Hello!

Spirit also says i should tell others.

Probably so that i pay back for past wrong doing. For all animals who gave their lives.

Perhaps you can see the signs that we are in a very unique time period. Darkness showing it´s face.

Some people will go to heaven/higher dimension but not everyone i suppose. So i think it is important that we do what we can to teach compassion for all beings.

What are your opinions?

Love
If animals are not supposed to be eaten they why are they made up with meat?

^^
Did you ask the spirit?

Old 08-12-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If animals are not supposed to be eaten they why are they made up with meat?

^^
Did you ask the spirit?

I think you should ask that.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:38 AM

3,297 posts, read 3,022,421 times
Well, personally at one time I tried not eating meat for several weeks, intending that this should be my path forward, and my own spiritual guides told me that I needed to eat at least a small amount of meat in order for my body to be strong enough to do my spiritual work. It's not the same for everyone, but it doesn't mean that people who eat meat are less spiritual than those who don't.

I will say that in my dealings as a medium with those who have passed, they all have their regrets, but never once have I heard any of them say anything about what they ate or didn't eat while they were in physical form. Or tell their loved ones not to eat a particular food.

I also think right now we have enough division between individuals that we don't have to go looking for another reason to judge others.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:56 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Well, personally at one time I tried not eating meat for several weeks, intending that this should be my path forward, and my own spiritual guides told me that I needed to eat at least a small amount of meat in order for my body to be strong enough to do my spiritual work. It's not the same for everyone, but it doesn't mean that people who eat meat are less spiritual than those who don't.

I will say that in my dealings as a medium with those who have passed, they all have their regrets, but never once have I heard any of them say anything about what they ate or didn't eat while they were in physical form. Or tell their loved ones not to eat a particular food.

I also think right now we have enough division between individuals that we don't have to go looking for another reason to judge others.
This general topic is one that I have had to think about in terms of Buddhism, and it is a topic that is highly debated in some Buddhist circles. I once asked my doctor about not eating meet, and he was very negative about that. What I have done is this -- I can do with only one meat-based meal a day. That's the best I feel I can do.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:58 AM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
I had a similar period.
I stopped eating meat for 3 years. Then, it went away just as it came upon me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality