Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 06:38 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
The Bible also tells us that Joshua stopped the Earth from rotating, and that a man named Jonah rode around in the belly of a large fish for several days without being digested. Does it occur to you that people 3,000 years ago subscribed to a good deal of make believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
There are different views on what being created in the image of God means. I don't think too many people understand it as being physically or bodily made in God's image as the OP seems to think it does. Probably most view it as having to a limited extent some of the attributes of God such as intelligence, volition, etc. Some understand it to mean that man is God's representative on earth.

Old Testament scholar Michael Heiser explains the view that being in the image of God means that man is God's earthly representative.

What DOES It Mean To Be CREATED In God's IMAGE?
Why is it that the Bible does not actually mean what it says literally when what the Bible actually says literally is found to be inconvenient?

Old 09-07-2021, 06:44 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Nope, because chimps don't have a human spirit, which is an entirely different thing from DNA. (I think they're pretty cute though, and think it would have been amazing to do what Jane Goodall did.)
What is a human spirit? And how do you know that chimps don't possess the same thing?

Quote:
I don't think you really are. I've just read too many of your posts to believe that.
I've changed my mind before. I went from being an atheist to being a deist. I now believe there is a possibility of a creator god, I just still do not believe in a personal God for many reasons.

Quote:
I think my post was as helpful as anybody else's. Sorry you don't agree. But since you're not here to try to change my mind and I'm not here to try to change yours, I guess we'll just have to leave it at that.
Your reply was not helpful as evidenced by others who did provide helpful responses.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Did God have reproductive organs?
Of course, his name was Jesus Christ

Old 09-07-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Image meant freewill.
Chimps don't have freewill?

Old 09-07-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
No one has the answers but as far as testosterone, man would need it to battles another in defense or even in a life threatening situation. We cant all be wimps. I would argue with all of the crap that has gone on these past 20-30 years, there is not much testosterone left. Just look around.
Battle what? Each other?

Old 09-07-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Image meant freewill.
All creatures have free will, consistent with their ability to make choices. It's our natural state, no God required.

Planarian worms have light sensitive cells that allow them to distinguish light from dark. Planarian worms have the ability to linger in dark places, where they are somewhat safe from predators, or move into the light in search of food. Planarian worms have free will.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 09-07-2021 at 07:24 AM..

Old 09-07-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
If this is indeed true why did he create man with a hormone (testosterone) that is solely responsible for the violence and death in this world? In John 4:7 it states: "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God." If love came from God then he sure screwed up giving man testosterone.
If your testosterone rules you, then how could you ever be trusted with an even greater power?
responses in blue
Thanks your response is truly appreciated unlike some other rude posters here. Still trying to wrap my head around John 4:7. God wanted us to love one another. Yet he is the one that created man with this compound called testosterone. Why not create a man with no testosterone if his true intention was love?

Old 09-07-2021, 07:10 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,918,341 times
IMO,
Jesus Christ is the delivery system God used to provide man the Holy Spirit to teach those that actually wanted to know Him. The scriptures have their place but due to the nature of man and the influence of Satan, man tends to twist the scriptures to his own satisfaction, much like Satan attempted to do on Jesus. Matthew 4;
The Holy Spirit God provides through Jesus is the teacher of God's will and direction for one's life and the marker for which the Angels of God know for His harvest.
A man bound to his own theories will resist the Holy Spirit, though he may ask for the influence, God does not force His way.
David said," Search me ok God and know my heart, try me and know my thoughts, and see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting."
The question is, how desperate are you to know from God what His will is ahead of your own will?
A man looking for excuses will use trivia for his tools to find fault, but the Godly man looks at the heart.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:25 AM

15,936 posts, read 7,005,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Of course, his name was Jesus Christ
Who is God’s partner in the reproduction? He apparently decided male and female organs are necessary.
Is God the same as Jesus? Can the father and son be the same? Creator and created the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality