Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 08:20 AM

1,754 posts, read 754,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
How do you know you are communicating with God when you pray? You could just be talking to yourself in your mind. Prayer is merely operating at the subjective level. While chimps may not have the ability to form their own religious truths due to level of intelligence they have been observed performing the same rituals over and over again.
During expectant waiting, you just know and can feel it in your inner being. God doesn't talk with "words" during expectant waiting. Jesus is amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 08:35 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You arent getting it.

God created male and female in the same body, the male is the spirit, and these two were covered by the most beautiful creature and the 3 were one.

Actually, you are absolutely right, though for completely wrong proof, you provided.
But that is in reference not to humans. The Conscious Self is neither male no female and has no sexual organs. It has mind of Desire, which is male aspect and mind of Feeling, which is the female aspect. 2 in 1. Then there is Body mind, to operate its perfect body. So you can look at it as three in one if you wish.

Or, minds of Feeling and Desire are in the Consciousness, or The Light of Intelligence. You can look at it as three in one that way.
In general, various Trinities are known to humanity for times indescribable. It's nothing new in Christianity. They just tailored what been known before to their dogma.
It's when that eternal perfect entity "drops down" to a physical world and physical body (dust of earth) it manifests either as female or male, depending, which aspect of the mind is prevalent. Or, both. Or, various prevalence of one over the other.

And folks, please. If god is a spirit and has no body, will you kindly stop referring to it as HE?

Old 10-23-2021, 09:36 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
During expectant waiting, you just know and can feel it in your inner being. God doesn't talk with "words" during expectant waiting. Jesus is amazing.

Old 10-23-2021, 11:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Why wait? He never left.

Old 10-23-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Why wait? He never left.
I believe she is referring to her waiting to connect with Him as in meditation or prayer.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:41 PM

1,754 posts, read 754,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Why wait? He never left.
Of course Jesus never leaves us.

Expectant waiting is a chance to calm down your heart and still your mind and try to connect with and communicate with Jesus/God.

Old 10-24-2021, 12:21 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Of course Jesus never leaves us.

Expectant waiting is a chance to calm down your heart and still your mind and try to connect with and communicate with Jesus/God.
Yuppers ...

But why the literal stuff? Why is something that counters observation like "literally rose from the dead" needed?

God, whatever it is, is there. Why do we need the magic to separate us?

Old 10-24-2021, 01:59 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
In His image to me: I think of the ability to create ..with the mind, our will, our words and our imagination.
I think of at our core is Light.
I think of our ability to see vast vistas; expanding our awareness to understand extraordinary things
by using our Inner Eye in silence.
I think of our ability to love with a self sacrificing bleeding/burning heart and to have unquenchable compassion.

I think of the fact that our brains have the ability to store approx 3 millions years of information;
since we have 100 trillion neurons, like trees ...each able to grow 70,000 more nerve-'branches' to store and store and store information.
Ref: Dr. Caroline Leaf

Old 10-25-2021, 05:57 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Muslims have told me about this same exact feeling you describe yet they do not believe in Jesus. Seems to me if God were to exist and he does communicate with you that your choice of religion is irrelevant. Spirituality must be distinguished from religion—because people of every faith, and of none, have had the same sorts of spiritual experiences.

Old 10-25-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Muslims have told me about this same exact feeling you describe yet they do not believe in Jesus. Seems to me if God were to exist and he does communicate with you that your choice of religion is irrelevant. Spirituality must be distinguished from religion—because people of every faith, and of none, have had the same sorts of spiritual experiences.
That is because it is all the SAME God! What we flawed and fallible human beings believe or think about God has nothing to do with who or what God IS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality