Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 05:34 PM

15,956 posts, read 7,018,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't see many posters here getting "raves", including you.

I don't think Learnme is saying that his positions are innovative.

You're as a big a mudslinger as anyone on the forum.

I'm gonna tell you a little story. Go back to 1988. I wanted to move from one school district in one state to a very progressive school system in another state. Because it was progressive and had superior pay and benefits, it was not an easy school system to get hired in. The jobs were highly sought after. I applied and got an interview appointment. I had provided an excellent resume, organized references, and a "Statement Of Educational Philosophy". The interview went well, and at the end of the interview, the interviewer handed me a contract to sign, which was not their usual procedure. I signed, and then asked why I had gotten the position 'on the spot'. "Your 'Statement Of Educational Philosophy'. I don't think we've ever had an applicant that had thought through things in that way and put them down on paper. It's not that we necessarily agree with everything that you wrote, but we admire that you have put together your thoughts about how education should work".

That's sort of what LearnMe has done here. I don't think he's saying that he's the first person who ever thought of these things. And I don't agree with every bit of every point he made. But he's thought about these concepts and organized them into a personal philosophy. Most of the rest of what he posts, in some way, connects to that well-thought out personal philosophy. I admire that.
it’s kind of cute that you think all these personal narratives you disperse here and there and everywhere holds a lot of interest for anyone. like some kind sacred message within. real cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 06:22 PM

50,784 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
it’s kind of cute that you think all these personal narratives you disperse here and there and everywhere holds a lot of interest for anyone. like some kind sacred message within. real cute.
As I said, it seems difficult for you to not include an insult in almost every post.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:29 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
As I said, it seems difficult for you to not include an insult in almost every post.
That's pain.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:28 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
That's where my heart is, if I could just be nicer, but damn my eyes.

Old 10-03-2021, 06:04 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's where my heart is, if I could just be nicer, but damn my eyes.
You don't come across that way, Hanni. I think you have beautiful eyes, lucky you.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:41 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It is just amusing that you dont yet get that your ten opinions are not getting raves, and pretend as if they actually are some discoveries and keep shopping them around. It will be sad if it was not so ridiculous. Enough mud has been slung in more than one thread on the infamous 10, there is no mud left.
I'm not looking for raves and of course in an environment where most people lean more toward religion, I'm not expecting a whole lot of agreement either, but I am quite satisfied with what attention and input I have received either way. More than I expected anyway. What I am simply hoping for is intelligent discourse about the topic at hand. What is ridiculous is for me to expect anything like that from people like you. I mean you have proven yourself and what you are about in this regard like few others have. In spades!

Old 10-03-2021, 10:59 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Hey, he is just like you (us). You insulted me almost every post. Then when I started to reply in kind you ran, blaming me. lmao. That was funny. You avoid anything that challenges you. Unless of course we say "I believe", like that means anything at all in determining reliability.

How a science trained person thinks that reliability is determined buy how its said over what is said ... can't mean many things.
Whatever that means...

Old 10-03-2021, 02:40 PM

15,956 posts, read 7,018,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
What I am simply hoping for is intelligent discourse about the topic at hand. !
That is like making a pie with potatoes and hoping it will taste like apple pie.

Old 10-03-2021, 03:03 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,210,182 times
Quote:
... What I am simply hoping for is intelligent discourse about the topic at hand. What is ridiculous is for me to expect anything like that from people like you.
bold above
so "be the change you want to see"

Old 10-03-2021, 03:08 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,210,182 times
Quote:
... What I am simply hoping for is intelligent discourse about the topic at hand. What is ridiculous is for me to expect anything like that from people like you.
bold above
is not "intelligent discourse"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality