Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 09:24 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,609,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If I were God and I was the only one that existed I'd be bothered by people worshiping others
Wouldn't you have a responsibility to let people know that you exist? If you choose to keep yourself secret, that's on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 09:34 AM

562 posts, read 674,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Wouldn't you have a responsibility to let people know that you exist? If you choose to keep yourself secret, that's on you.
GOD does let certain people know. Why GOD personally chooses certain folks I do not know. I sincerely wish this was not the case though, as GOD is so lovely, wonderful, magical, so far beyond words, etc. All I can say is, where have you been and what and who have you been praying to and believing in?

Old 09-09-2021, 09:36 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,609,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

In one episode called 'What makes us who we are?', they get talking about nature and nurture and how those are intertwined. Harris claims that about 50% of who we are is already inbuilt / hardwired regardless of any external intervention or environment or upbringing.
I think that is probably true.
In my own case, I know it is true.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:44 AM

15,858 posts, read 6,931,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Does it really matter whether you believe Santa Claus was a white man or a black man?
Only if you think of Claus as a man, a human. Santa actually is a concept, an idea. Atheists, such as the OP, cannot get past thinking of Santa, or god or God, as a man, and attribute all the human failings on him. So Santa instead of being this concept that delight children endlessly, is a man, born to human parents, named Nicholas, and of course white, fat, and bearded.

It is a bridge that cannot be crossed.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:49 AM

1,451 posts, read 469,398 times
They call hollywood actors and actresses stars as if they are lights to be worshipped. They set up religious leaders and leaders of nations the same way and people with college degrees, as if they are the light to be followed.

They send people to the moon as if that is some grand achievement, but it is only in support of them and does nothing for anyone else. They return to earth and die, with the downward gravitational pull of Death. While they consider themselves masters of law and physics. While they can only remain one separate and alone in death.

They seek to power the earth with light and wind/spirit. While assuming their control over people and the atmosphere, calling themselves saviors, while having no answer for all the weapons of death they create and call that power.

All fallen man has to offer is dying seed. I see the birth, life and eternal living seed presented in first light, as that is the living image of God in one togetherness that is spoken when God created man and woman, as it says in "our image". Without the Oneness of God there is no such thing as One togetherness/ marriage in perfect harmony. Which is what Adam said when God created the woman from him and brought her to him. First light is not empty light, the good judgement God spoke was upon the life that is shared therein. God didn't say the earth was good, God said the light was good. The birthing of a child is the bringing of light into the world. And the time of birth to be shared.

After the sin, God pointed to the seed of the woman. And a Covenant agreement on accepting the Death judgement is given, only now it says; they have become as one of us, knowing good and evil. Spoken in terms of the separation, but in a Covenant one together agreement. To be born into a world full of sin and death. And a world under the guise of being their own god's, as that is the origin of sin. And loss of mankind's plumb true relative vantage point.

The Satan "serpent" claimed himself to be first light and overlooked the death judgement, while speaking death to God's word out of the other side of his mouth. The judgement on the serpents head goes to a very high place, and is about the Death of the fallen Angels in the eternal realm and casting them out. As that tiny little seed God promised, accepted and owned all judgement, and overcame that fallen Angel, who claimed himself and his word to be greater than Death. While speaking Death to God and His word out of the other side of his mouth.

The fruit from the tree of life is rooted and grounded in the Life God shared in His first spoken word. As the natural occasion to eat that fruit is in celebrating the birth of the firstborn and heir of all God's creation. Just as when God created the Holy Sabbath Day, God's word rested on Him, the Lord of the Sabbath. In the loyalty of living One togetherness and good judgement from God's first spoken.

So, when I listen to scripture that is the Life I follow throughout. As the knowledge of good and evil, life and death, health and sickness, righteousness and wickedness is on full display in scripture.

The wheat and the tares were allowed to grow together till the time of the harvest. And then is the fulfillment of God's word spoken to Abraham as when God showed him the land in every direction as far as the eye could see and the life therein, for all who bless Abraham. It is a land filled with living blessing and One togetherness with God, and His Living Covenant word.

You see God making Covenants. And when you look at God's Covenant given through Moses, the accepting of all judgements both good and evil is within that Covenant. Knowing that God works all things out for good. And I also had to learn that through much suffering. When Abraham walked up that mountain with Isaac, Abraham accepted all judgement. Not looking for evil in God's command, rather redemption. It was the Satan "serpent" who spoke evil of God's command. Abraham followed God's word even when it appeared against him and did not turn from it. And as a result God swore by himself to fulfill all God had promised him. Just as Jesus Christ did, who is both before and after Abraham. The firstborn and heir of all God's creation.

Last edited by chief scum; 09-09-2021 at 10:16 AM..

Old 09-09-2021, 09:54 AM

50,428 posts, read 24,011,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
GOD does let certain people know. Why GOD personally chooses certain folks I do not know. I sincerely wish this was not the case though, as GOD is so lovely, wonderful, magical, so far beyond words, etc. All I can say is, where have you been and what and who have you been praying to and believing in?
This is the "I'm special so I get to know god" mantra.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This is the "I'm special so I get to know god" mantra.
No. I certainly do not consider myself special in any way. I have problems and I always pray for help. Please do not generalize me as somebody who thinks they are special, as I most certainly am not, yet, GOD answered my plea for help, talked with me, and continues to assist me. I think that if this happened to me, GOD can meet and talk with anyone! I simply cannot understand why GOD chooses to meet and be known to certain folks and not others.

Last edited by glenninindy; 09-09-2021 at 10:21 AM..

Old 09-09-2021, 10:11 AM

50,428 posts, read 24,011,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
No. I certainly do not consider myself special in any way. I have issues and I pray for help. Please do not generalize as somebody special as I most certainly am not, yet GOD answered me and continues to assist me.
I stand by my statement.

Billions of people -- every day -- do not get assistance from your god, yet you believe you do.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I stand by my statement.

Billions of people -- every day -- do not get assistance from your god, yet you believe you do.
I am very sorry. I rarely witness to people in public telling them that GOD is truly real and exists. I promise to refrain from now on here as I do not want to be insulting, considered special, or argue, and I cannot tell you why millions do not get assistance and some do. I will leave this up to GOD from now on..

Last edited by glenninindy; 09-09-2021 at 10:38 AM..

Old 09-09-2021, 10:38 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,337,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
They call hollywood actors and actresses stars as if they are lights to be worshipped. They set up religious leaders and leaders of nations the same way and people with college degrees, as if they are the light to be followed.

They send people to the moon as if that is some grand achievement, but it is only in support of them and does nothing for anyone else. They return to earth and die, with the downward gravitational pull of Death. While they consider themselves masters of law and physics. While they can only remain one separate and alone in death.

They seek to power the earth with light and wind/spirit. While assuming their control over people and the atmosphere, calling themselves saviors, while having no answer for all the weapons of death they create and call that power.

All fallen man has to offer is dying seed. I see the birth, life and eternal living seed presented in first light, as that is the living image of God in one togetherness that is spoken when God created man and woman, as it says in "our image". Without the Oneness of God there is no such thing as One togetherness/ marriage in perfect harmony. Which is what Adam said when God created the woman from him and brought her to him. First light is not empty light, the good judgement God spoke was upon the life that is shared therein. God didn't say the earth was good, God said the light was good. The birthing of a child is the bringing of light into the world. And the time of birth to be shared.

After the sin, God pointed to the seed of the woman. And a Covenant agreement on accepting the Death judgement is given, only now it says; they have become as one of us, knowing good and evil. Spoken in terms of the separation, but in a Covenant one together agreement. To be born into a world full of sin and death. And a world under the guise of being their own god's, as that is the origin of sin. And loss of mankind's plumb true relative vantage point.

The Satan "serpent" claimed himself to be first light and overlooked the death judgement, while speaking death to God's word out of the other side of his mouth. The judgement on the serpents head goes to a very high place, and is about the Death of the fallen Angels in the eternal realm and casting them out. As that tiny little seed God promised, accepted and owned all judgement, and overcame that fallen Angel, who claimed himself and his word to be greater than Death. While speaking Death to God and His word out of the other side of his mouth.

The fruit from the tree of life is rooted and grounded in the Life God shared in His first spoken word. As the natural occasion to eat that fruit is in celebrating the birth of the firstborn and heir of all God's creation. Just as when God created the Holy Sabbath Day, God's word rested on Him, the Lord of the Sabbath. In the loyalty of living One togetherness and good judgement from God's first spoken.

So, when I listen to scripture that is the Life I follow throughout. As the knowledge of good and evil, life and death, health and sickness, righteousness and wickedness is on full display in scripture.

The wheat and the tares were allowed to grow together till the time of the harvest. And then is the fulfillment of God's word spoken to Abraham as when God showed him the land in every direction as far as the eye could see and the life therein, for all who bless Abraham. It is a land filled with living blessing and One togetherness with God, and His Living Covenant word.

You see God making Covenants. And when you look at God's Covenant given through Moses, the accepting of all judgements both good and evil is within that Covenant. Knowing that God works all things out for good. And I also had to learn that through much suffering. When Abraham walked up that mountain with Isaac, Abraham accepted all judgement. Not looking for evil in God's command, rather redemption. It was the Satan "serpent" who spoke evil of God's command. Abraham followed God's word even when it appeared against him and did not turn from it. And as a result God swore by himself to fulfill all God had promised him. Just as Jesus Christ did, who is both before and after Abraham. The firstborn and heir of all God's creation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum
They call hollywood actors and actresses stars as if they are lights to be worshipped.
Who is "they?" Here are some of the "they" in the very process of worshiping.

And a couple of the religious leaders that "they" have "set up to be worshiped."

Quote:
and people with college degrees, as if they are the light to be followed.
These people are often refered to as "teacher." For a reason.

Quote:
They send people to the moon as if that is some grand achievement
If walking on the moon is not a grand acheivement, what exactly would you consider to be a grand achievement?

Quote:
They return to earth and die, with the downward gravitational pull of Death.
Yes. Walking on the moon does not serve to make one physically immortal. Historically immortal, yes.

Quote:
While they consider themselves masters of law and physics.
Masters of law and physics, as opposed to those who chose to remain tightly wrapped in the cleansing power of abject ignorance you mean?

Know anyone like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality