Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2021, 07:13 PM

50,743 posts, read 24,242,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
humans all come from the same Source. regardless of the labels listed in the post above.

just like we all live on the same planet, whether a person lives in Ireland, Iceland, Illinois, or Iraq.
names differ, same planet.
Well, I will agree with one thing...you live on another planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 07:27 PM

22,133 posts, read 19,190,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
do you agree that all humans come from the same Source?
or is your belief that humans do not all have the same origin.

do you recognize that whatever system there is (i.e. before we are born, after we die, in between lifetimes, where the soul comes from, what the soul is) then that system applies for all people. for instance reincarnation. do you recognize that if there is reincarnation, then the system of reincarnation is in place for all humans, and that it is not dependent upon whether a person "believes" in it or not.

i'm not asking whether or not you believe in reincarnation. my question is that whatever the "system" turns out to be, do you believe or not that the system applies to all people, regardless of their beliefs.

like gravity works the same for all people, whether or not they believe in it or understand it or can explain how it works.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 09-29-2021 at 08:02 PM..

Old 09-29-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
do you agree that all humans come from the same Source?
or is your belief that humans do not all have the same origin.

do you recognize that whatever system there is (before we are born, after we die, in between lifetimes) then that system applies for all people.
for instance reincarnation. do you recognize that if there is reincarnation, then the system of reincarnation is in place for all humans, and that it is not dependent upon whether a person "believes" in it or not.

i'm not asking whether or not you believe in reincarnation. my question is that whatever the "system" turns out to be, do you believe or not that the system applies to all people, regardless of their beliefs.

like gravity works the same for all people, whether or not they believe in it or understand it or can explain how it works.
No, I don't necessarily believe that all humans came from the same source. I am more a primordial soup evolutionist. And I do not accept that there had to be a god-the-creator figure.

I'm sorry, but the different religions (and non-religion) don't have a common belief in before, during, and after. And while Buddhism best fits me, I don't presume it is the right answer or only answer. But just to be clear, I don't 'believe in' reincarnation, though I think it's a possibility, and not the only possibility.

But let's think about the theory of reincarnation. Does it say all beings will experience the same thing? Actually no. It says that some will be reborn and reborn and reborn, perhaps an infinite number of times, while some will gain enlightenment at some point and not be reborn again.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:25 PM

15,931 posts, read 7,001,747 times
Quote:
Dont you always whine about insults? Is that any kind of an adult response?

Old 09-29-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
No, I don't necessarily believe that all humans came from the same source. I am more a primordial soup evolutionist. And I do not accept that there had to be a god-the-creator figure.
so you don't believe that all humans came from the same source? interesting.
why and how would some humans have a different source than others?
so i understand correctly.

again, not asking about what that source is, asking only about how it can only apply to some humans and not others.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but the different religions (and non-religion) don't have a common belief in before, during, and after. And while Buddhism best fits me, I don't presume it is the right answer or only answer. But just to be clear, I don't 'believe in' reincarnation, though I think it's a possibility, and not the only possibility.
again, i'm not talking about what the different beliefs are and i'm not saying all the beliefs are the same. clearly they are not. but i am saying, that whatever the system turns out to be (let's say we'll find out after we die) it applies to all people. what we believe or whether we believe does not change or determine or affect what the system actually is. my question for others (you or anyone else) is whether they say the system (whatever it turns out to be) is different for different people, not the same for everyone.

Quote:
But let's think about the theory of reincarnation. Does it say all beings will experience the same thing? Actually no. It says that some will be reborn and reborn and reborn, perhaps an infinite number of times, while some will gain enlightenment at some point and not be reborn again.
the system of reincarnation includes stepping off the wheel of reincarnation. that is part of the system, yes. a system can exist, which applies to all humans, but that does not mean everyone has the same experiences in that system. every human is "born" and "dies" but every human does not live the same life. our lives vary, we each have different experiences. same for reincarnation (as an example). that we have different experiences, live different lives, reach enlightenment at different times, does not mean that the system is not in place for everyone.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 09-29-2021 at 08:49 PM..

Old 09-29-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Dont you always whine about insults? Is that any kind of an adult response?
Actually, I don't whine about insults. I point out that some people who try to pass themselves off as sensitive religionists often use insults in their postings.

Old 09-29-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
so you don't believe that all humans came from the same source? interesting.
why and how would some humans have a different source than others?
so i understand correctly.

again, not asking about what that source is, asking only about how it can only apply to some humans and not others.

again, i'm not talking about what the different beliefs are and i'm not saying all the beliefs are the same. clearly they are not. but i am saying, that whatever the system turns out to be (let's say we'll find out after we die) it applies to all people. what we believe or whether we believe does not change or determine or affect what the system actually is. my question for others (you or anyone else) is whether they say the system (whatever it turns out to be) is different for different people, not the same for everyone.

the system of reincarnation includes stepping off the wheel of reincarnation. that is part of the system, yes. a system can exist, which applies to all humans, but that does not mean everyone has the same experiences in that system. every human is "born" and "dies" but every human does not live the same life. our lives vary, we each have different experiences. same for reincarnation (as an example). that we have different experiences, live different lives, reach enlightenment at different times, does not mean that the system is not in place for everyone.
First of all, you'd have to define what you mean by human. For example, check out this diagram: https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence...ctive-timeline . Where did a form become human? I think that's a difficult question to answer.

But second, in the primordial soup scenario, do we automatically assume that one particular part of the soup was the fountain for all life? Or could various parts of the soup have all developed into life forms, some of which may have been very similar due to similar 'recipes' in the chemical/elemental natures of the soup?

Third, who with authoritative knowledge said that there is only one god (if there is a god at all)? Can you prove there's a god? Can you prove there is only one god? Christians believe in one god. Do Hindus believe in one god? Do Buddhists believe in one god? Was Zeus the same as 'God'? Was Zeus the same as Shiva? Is Shiva the same as 'God'? HOW DO YOU KNOW? And here we get back to one of my frequent criticisms of your posts -- do you know that just because you know that?

Wait a minute. Are you now telling that christians believe in reincarnation? Not the christians I've met. They mostly think it's a wacko idea. Just as I think the resurrection is a wacko idea.

You are making the same mistake we all make at different times -- assuming you know the way it works. And you don't. You just don't.

Old 09-29-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
First of all, you'd have to define what you mean by human. For example, check out this diagram: . Where did a form become human? I think that's a difficult question to answer.
But second, in the primordial soup scenario, do we automatically assume that one particular part of the soup was the fountain for all life? Or could various parts of the soup have all developed into life forms, some of which may have been very similar due to similar 'recipes' in the chemical/elemental natures of the soup? Third, who with authoritative knowledge said that there is only one god (if there is a god at all)? Can you prove there's a god? Can you prove there is only one god? Christians believe in one god. Do Hindus believe in one god? Do Buddhists believe in one god? Was Zeus the same as 'God'? Was Zeus the same as Shiva? Is Shiva the same as 'God'? HOW DO YOU KNOW? And here we get back to one of my frequent criticisms of your posts -- do you know that just because you know that? Wait a minute. Are you now telling that christians believe in reincarnation? Not the christians I've met. They mostly think it's a wacko idea. Just as I think the resurrection is a wacko idea. You are making the same mistake we all make at different times -- assuming you know the way it works. And you don't. You just don't.
if you don't know what humans are then it's hard to have any kind of discussion.
let's talk another time, maybe when you have a grasp of that.

Old 09-29-2021, 10:37 PM

Quote:
if you don't know what humans are then it's hard to have any kind of discussion.
let's talk another time, maybe when you have a grasp of that.
Oops. So much for me thinking you were engaging.

But take a look at this https://www.britannica.com/topic/Homo-sapiens and scroll down to the diagram on human evolutionary pathways. Just go to the column on the left. When did that lineage actually cross the line to being human? Only homo sapiens sapiens? Was Neanderthal human...cause guess what, we have a lot of Neanderthal DNA in us -- something that is pointed out when you do one of those genetic testings.

And check out this from NPR: https://www.npr.org/2016/12/11/50518...0of%20ceremony.

Which posits that: "The most fascinating hypothesis is that the Neanderthals had some notion of an afterlife and wanted to send off their dead companions in some kind of ceremony."

Old 09-30-2021, 03:56 AM

16,745 posts, read 4,963,262 times
Quote:
It’s alright. Not the first time you have backtracked.
Mein Gott, the wise guru was wrong and can not admit it. At least two other people understood what was probably meant based on what atheism is, whereas your question made no sense considering the simple concept that is atheism.

Quote:
Thank you. For a minute I thought I was Alice, lost is Wonderland. One time I was told Atheists have no problem with religion, only deny deity. It was astounding to me, but then that too was quickly peddled back.
You mean you was corrected on that, that some atheists do have a problem with religion? Because most do not, including me. But some do. That is not back tracking, that is explaining your misunderstanding.

Blaming others for your failures in understanding suggests your ego is driving your need to post. Perhaps you are not as spiritual as you think you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality