Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2021, 04:46 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
And muslims in Israel have more rights and live better lives than they do in muslim countries.

I spent man years in England and surrounds, and never cared or noted that they have a national religion. It in no way affected me. But then, they didn't saw off the heads of those who didn't convert.

The Crusades, defensive wars to push back the invaders, have taught us nothing.
Were you born in the states? How long have you lived in the states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 04:49 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
And muslims in Israel have more rights and live better lives than they do in muslim countries.

I spent man years in England and surrounds, and never cared or noted that they have a national religion. It in no way affected me. But then, they didn't saw off the heads of those who didn't convert.

The Crusades, defensive wars to push back the invaders, have taught us nothing.
Similarly, in Thailand, Buddhism is the official national religion, but -- for the most part -- one can be any religion. I attended mass in catholic churches a number of times. Admittedly, the relationship between Buddhism and Islam, particularly in the south, is difficult, at best.

Old 10-10-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Similarly, in Thailand, Buddhism is the official national religion, but -- for the most part -- one can be any religion. I attended mass in catholic churches a number of times. Admittedly, the relationship between Buddhism and Islam, particularly in the south, is difficult, at best.
One thing is true my man. Pantheist beliefs are more reliable than your past lives beliefs. If your war on religion uses the same process to determine reliability as your past live beliefs ... we are in trouble.

So in your case, it matters why your are wrong more than you are wrong.

Old 10-10-2021, 04:53 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:
The relationship between islam and humanity is difficult, at best.

But then, if I believed I couldn't get to heaven (assuming I believed in heaven) until I converted (or killed) everyone else to MY religion, and then actively pursued that belief with bullets, bombs, beheadings, hangings, imolation etc.,) I suspect most people would have an issue with me, as well.

BTW, I just reduced the BS factor here, by simply putting AA on Ignore. It's a breath of fresh air.

Old 10-10-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:

But then, if I believed I couldn't get to heaven (assuming I believed in heaven) until I converted (or killed) everyone else to MY religion, and then actively pursued that belief with bullets, bombs, beheadings, hangings, imolation etc.,) I suspect most people would have an issue with me, as well.

BTW, I just reduced the BS factor here, by simply putting AA on Ignore. It's a breath of fresh air.
yes, you have to run away. listen to the DM's. Don't discuss beliefs with people that are not interested in only fight religion.

Lmao ... shun him and feel better ... JW's do that all the time ...

Old 10-10-2021, 05:07 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:

If doesn't matter, he will still stalk you.

https://buddhasadvice.wordpress.com/friendships/

Old 10-10-2021, 05:29 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:

He who???

Old 10-10-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:

maybe you might follow those words ...

Your belief in past lives is as silly as a dude died and rose for our sins.

But that process doesn't natter to you guys ... so long as we attack belief for the good of the cause ...

Old 10-10-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
He who???
run salty run ...

that whats people of faith do when confronted with observation that counter their world views.

Nothing you say will diminish that we are part of larger more complex system. That when we start building a belief from the bottom up it tends to be more reliable than forming and defending a belief built from the top down.

That's why you had to run and hide. Just like all people of faith do.

Old 10-10-2021, 09:33 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Whatever that means. In England you're not required to belong to the Church Of England.
What do you think it means when the state you live in officially recognizes one religion? In Catholic Ireland it meant death from sepsis for one Hindu woman because the hospital refused to save her life while she was having a miscarriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality