Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 10:55 AM

63,795 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
There you go ... learnme. All I do is see how your claim comports with observations. "religion" is not my focus. I just don't care.

If people can gain security out of your atheist creed, that's fine. I say the same thing about the apostle creed. But lets not pretends your "patience" is anything but pretending that stop religion is not the main focus.

Your atheist creed does not stand up to pen, paper, and textbooks when describing reality the best we can. They do however, offer a nice way to make one secure in avoiding actually having to think on their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 12:09 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quit calling each other idiots.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:23 PM

It does NOT follow that someone who accepts idiotic ideas must be an idiot. They are separate assertions.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:38 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It does NOT follow that someone who accepts idiotic ideas must be an idiot. They are separate assertions.
what happened to non-judgment?

Old 10-03-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
what happened to non-judgment?
It applies to people, not ideas.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:58 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It applies to people, not ideas.
add that to the list of things to learn what it is: non-judgment

Old 10-03-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
add that to the list of things to learn what it is: non-judgment
Perhaps, I am not the one who needs to understand what judgment is or is not, Tzaph.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:26 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,433 times
Religion is not about money. Some people like in religion believe this means power. For example, Caribbean Islands they believe in Voodoo. They practice voodoo. This is witchcraft. They practice witchcraft. They believe they have super natural power over some one else. Does this work? I believe it does work. And I think it is the doer or witch that holds that power or glory. Is he or she better of a person than someone who objects to religion? Yes. Why? Because that witch will prove his or her point, when that person uses voodoo and kills a person just using voodoo on him. This is in the Caribbean Island and very much practiced by the few.

Old 10-04-2021, 12:29 PM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Religion is not about money. Some people like in religion believe this means power. For example, Caribbean Islands they believe in Voodoo. They practice voodoo. This is witchcraft. They practice witchcraft. They believe they have super natural power over some one else. Does this work? I believe it does work. And I think it is the doer or witch that holds that power or glory. Is he or she better of a person than someone who objects to religion? Yes. Why? Because that witch will prove his or her point, when that person uses voodoo and kills a person just using voodoo on him. This is in the Caribbean Island and very much practiced by the few.
Not sure I know what you are getting at, but I started scratching my head after reading the first sentence...

Religion may not be about money, but take money out of the equation, and I think you have a very different version of religion than those we know of today. Mostly, however, your comment reminds me of a very interesting read I've been enjoying lately. About the witches that were such a concern in our early colonial days here and in England. Christian based "courts of law" and the very interesting manner in which people were determined to be witches or not. Who was deemed a witch and why. Then too what was done about them.

Looks like you are in Hawaii. Had the pleasure of living there four years. Our second child was born there.

Mahalo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality