Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2021, 10:14 AM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
And I suppose by way of this sort of reason and logic, until we develop a direct scientific measure for the CONTENT of the demon living in your house, by implication we've got to assert that demon exists as consciousness (Spirit) at the quantum level.
Or please help me understand the difference...
Surely you can see the difference for yourself. We have no evidence whatsoever that demons exist as a phenomenon of our Reality. That is NOT true about consciousness. There is abundant evidence of its existence, including your own use of it. God as the source of our consciousness would perforce have to be conscious, ergo ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 11:25 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Surely you can see the difference for yourself. We have no evidence whatsoever that demons exist as a phenomenon of our Reality. That is NOT true about consciousness. There is abundant evidence of its existence, including your own use of it. God as the source of our consciousness would perforce have to be conscious, ergo ...
I entirely disagree!

Of course I have no evidence whatsoever that demons exist as a phenomenon of our reality any more or less than I do a god exists, but also of course there are people who believe demons exist, and you know this. So what really is the difference objectively speaking?

That simple fact aside, the point is really about this issue of proving God does not exist. No, can't be done, but the absence of such proof is more than just a clue with respect to the existence of a god just like you seem much more readily able to admit when it comes to demons. Next we can use angels as an example...

Old 10-30-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I entirely disagree!

Of course I have no evidence whatsoever that demons exist as a phenomenon of our reality any more or less than I do a god exists, but also of course there are people who believe demons exist, and you know this. So what really is the difference objectively speaking?

That simple fact aside, the point is really about this issue of proving God does not exist. No, can't be done, but the absence of such proof is more than just a clue with respect to the existence of a god just like you seem much more readily able to admit when it comes to demons. Next we can use angels as an example...
Wrong. Only if you continue to refuse to consider what DOES exist to be God. That is the limited and narrow concept of God and conflation with religion that CB was talking about. That is your agenda - to reject and refuse to consider conceptions of God like pantheism, panentheism, and panpsychism. That would require that you then exempt God from the subordinate conceptions of demons or angels or any other entity WITHIN God.

Old 10-30-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Wrong. Only if you continue to refuse to consider what DOES exist to be God. That is the limited and narrow concept of God and conflation with religion that CB was talking about. That is your agenda - to reject and refuse to consider conceptions of God like pantheism, panentheism, and panpsychism. That would require that you then exempt God from the subordinate conceptions of demons or angels or any other entity WITHIN God.
Okay, so I guess we're back to the inappropriate rhetoric and all this nonsense about agenda no matter what is explained to you to the contrary, but if this knowledge you believe I lack is this about all that exists is proof of God, then it isn't knowledge we're talking about here but simple logic. Our different manner of reasoning here is nothing I believe can be reconciled. All that exists is not proof of anything other than what all exists, and I find it illogical to suggest anything more or less without something more than just say so. Your say so.

Not an agenda in any case either. No more than arguing that 2 + 2 = 4 is a result of an agenda. Unless of course you consider arguing what is true vs false an agenda. If so, guilty as charged!

Old 10-30-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Okay, so I guess we're back to the inappropriate rhetoric and all this nonsense about agenda no matter what is explained to you to the contrary, but if this knowledge you believe I lack is this about all that exists is proof of God, then it isn't knowledge we're talking about here but simple logic. Our different manner of reasoning here is nothing I believe can be reconciled. All that exists is not proof of anything other than what all exists, and I find it illogical to suggest anything more or less without something more than just say so. Your say so.

Not an agenda in any case either. No more than arguing that 2 + 2 = 4 is a result of an agenda. Unless of course you consider arguing what is true vs false an agenda. If so, guilty as charged!
How can you possibly determine whether or not what exists is God? How do you establish the truth or falsity of what you unwarrantedly take as a "given" in your so-called reasoning about what exists?

Old 10-30-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
How can you possibly determine whether or not what exists is God? How do you establish the truth or falsity of what you unwarrantedly take as a "given" in your so-called reasoning about what exists?
Really got to bid adieu now, but it's easy really!

Same as I do with respect to demons, and what about the angels? Seems you can apply the same sort of tests when it comes to angels and demons, but somehow it's different when it comes to God? Why so? How so?

You and others believe in one, two or all three. Why and/or why not?

Can't prove God, demons and/or angels don't exist, so where does this leave us? I mean with respect to this "can't prove God does not exist" counter to atheism. Of course not, but again the ABSENCE of proof, ABSENCE of evidence is certainly worthy of consideration. Just like the absence evidence someone is guilty is worthy of consideration!

The judge that argues "guilty!" because I say so is no judge at all, and dangerous. The person that argues all that exists is proof of God is yet another matter altogether and simply not worth discussing any further far as I'm concerned. If I thought that way, I'd believe in demons and angels too, because there is lots of evidence they exist just as surely if you simply recognize the good and evil clues for what they REALLY are.

Please (and a good weekend to you)...

Old 10-30-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Really got to bid adieu now, but it's easy really!

Same as I do with respect to demons, and what about the angels? Seems you can apply the same sort of tests when it comes to angels and demons, but somehow it's different when it comes to God? Why so? How so?

You and others believe in one, two or all three. Why and/or why not?
It is NOT about if God exists. It is about is what exists God. What criteria do you use to reject it as God?

Old 10-30-2021, 02:54 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
It is NOT about if God exists. It is about is what exists God. What criteria do you use to reject it as God?
lol, its that simple ...

but when the focus is social change ... they have to mix up what you are saying, limit god/religion to a very narrow focus, then say you are wrong based on their limits place on free thinking using observations and the standard model.

Old 10-31-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Again, same as I do with angels and demons...

That is if I can possibly understand what you mean by "It is about is what exists God."

Also quite simple to see that what you consider evidence that God exists is not evidence for me and most if not all atheists. No point in going around that circle again. Right?

If two people are out in the desert, and one insists they see water and the other insists it's just a mirage, there really is no point in wasting time and energy out there in the desert arguing over what is actually being seen. No point whatsoever. Instead it's better to get a closer look and establish the truth of the matter first hand. Until then, best to give it a rest already...

Old 11-04-2021, 07:49 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The important concept you have missed out is 'evidence'. We do not need outright empirical proof.

That's not an argument. That's little more than semantics. There is no evidence one way or another, unless you include eyewitness accounts of what people have experienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality