Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 10:52 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You so consistently miss the points I am making that I begin to suspect it is a language issue. I know there are nuanced concepts in English that do not even exist in other languages. Compromise is one such in the Spanish language. The cognate, compromiso, in fact, means the exact opposite. What do the two words bolded mean in German or Greek when you use them, Harry? In English, there are more than two nuanced meanings.
Yes, you showed who really has "little knowledge", was then educated, and now you are pretending you were misunderstood.

It is all word games with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 11:12 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Yes, you showed who really has "little knowledge", was then educated, and now you are pretending you were misunderstood.
It is all word games with you.
Are you going to answer? To say something is a product of brain processes does NOT mean it is the processes. It is something other than the processes that produce it. You seem to keep thinking it is an illusion of the processes instead of a separate product of them. Do you grasp this distinction or do we need to delve deeper into your understanding because there is more?

Old 10-02-2021, 01:46 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Are you going to answer? To say something is a product of brain processes does NOT mean it is the processes. It is something other than the processes that produce it. You seem to keep thinking it is an illusion of the processes instead of a separate product of them. Do you grasp this distinction or do we need to delve deeper into your understanding because there is more?
lol, you keep thinking he is doing anything but minimizing anything religion can use ... just because he feels that the best thing to "save" us.

Think of how you would reply when all you had to do was minimize a claim and not worry about how reliable it is?

Old 10-02-2021, 03:20 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i hope you stick around, or return to post more. your contributions have raised the bar considerably regarding thoughtful discussion, and substantive contributions to the forum.
Thanks much - I wasn't suggesting anything dramatic or permanent. I took a hiatus from early May to late September. I just don't see the benefit in saying or reading the same things over and over. For at least ten regulars here, they are so predictable and tedious that I could write their responses to my posts myself. Maybe if people were limited to 3 posts per day, they'd be forced to put some thought into what they say and ration their nonsense. It almost strikes me that the game is to shout down thoughtful, intelligent posters, bury their posts in knee-jerk nonsense, and derail every thread. I don't understand how this remains amusing or interesting for the people who do it to the tune of tens of thousands of posts. Anyway, I wasn't suggesting I was vanishing completely. Anyone who has something semi-interesting to bounce around can always DM me.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Are you going to answer?
Why should I answer your irrelevant side track? You were wrong, you showed you do not know what you are talking about, I provided a substantive explanation (cough, Irkle, cough) why you were wrong, and why you do not know what you are talking about.

Quote:
To say something is a product of brain processes does NOT mean it is the processes. It is something other than the processes that produce it. You seem to keep thinking it is an illusion of the processes instead of a separate product of them. Do you grasp this distinction or do we need to delve deeper into your understanding because there is more?
Even here you are playing games to avoid the fact you were educated. A process (consciousness) as a product of a brain process (neural activity) does not mean it is the process (consciousness)? All the neuroscience strongly suggests that is the case, and if you want to provide actual scientific evidence for a cosmic consciousness, do so, preferably in the science section. Simply asserting BECs is not an explanation, nor is pointing to philosophical arguments that ignores the evidence.

And considering your obvious ignorance in post 85, your pretense that you can educate me (or anyone else) is amusing.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
Thanks much - I wasn't suggesting anything dramatic or permanent. I took a hiatus from early May to late September. I just don't see the benefit in saying or reading the same things over and over. For at least ten regulars here, they are so predictable and tedious that I could write their responses to my posts myself.
Irony overload.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:56 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Why should I answer your irrelevant side track? You were wrong, you showed you do not know what you are talking about, I provided a substantive explanation (cough, Irkle, cough) why you were wrong, and why you do not know what you are talking about.

Even here you are playing games to avoid the fact you were educated. A process (consciousness) as a product of a brain process (neural activity) does not mean it is the process (consciousness)? All the neuroscience strongly suggests that is the case, and if you want to provide actual scientific evidence for a cosmic consciousness, do so, preferably in the science section. Simply asserting BECs is not an explanation, nor is pointing to philosophical arguments that ignore the evidence.

And considering your obvious ignorance in post 85, your pretense that you can educate me (or anyone else) is amusing.
Either you actually are as ignorant as you seem willing to allow others to recognize or you are as Arach says and not here for legitimate discourse. You are merely here to stop religion and try to undermine anyone who supports belief in God. That would be sad for someone as young as you appear to be. What a waste of the years ahead of you your unwarranted certainty about God represents.

Look into the emerging field of quantum biology and actually try to wrap your "little knowledge" around QFT and quantum gravity. We know what gravity does in the heart of stars but we are immensely ignorant of what its relationship is to quantum entanglement and resonance within the brain. Don't waste your life in rejection. Educate yourself.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:40 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Mystic ... he knows exactly what he doing. Its not about claims with reliability and how claims stack up to each other. It is about stopping religion. They think We don't know any better. "Truth", that can't be applied directly today, is less important than stop religion to help their cause. For now anyway.

That's why "Practical purposes", "Don't question atheist", "Atheist cohesion", And "we don't say anything but point out "you all's flaws" are deployed like dogma. It basically "religion-ist" think type. Theist do the exact same thing.

The shame is that they know we know. But because its a public forum, they never say anything without making sure it fits with atheist that believe stop religion dogma is more important than build a reliable belief system.

In a belief forum none the less ...

The ten truths, cement theory, and atheist creed demonstrate how theology impleads/stunts reliability/growth sometimes.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:22 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
Thanks much - I wasn't suggesting anything dramatic or permanent. I took a hiatus from early May to late September. I just don't see the benefit in saying or reading the same things over and over. For at least ten regulars here, they are so predictable and tedious that I could write their responses to my posts myself. Maybe if people were limited to 3 posts per day, they'd be forced to put some thought into what they say and ration their nonsense. It almost strikes me that the game is to shout down thoughtful, intelligent posters, bury their posts in knee-jerk nonsense, and derail every thread. I don't understand how this remains amusing or interesting for the people who do it to the tune of tens of thousands of posts. Anyway, I wasn't suggesting I was vanishing completely. Anyone who has something semi-interesting to bounce around can always DM me.
Couldn't agree more! I also take regular hiatuses from the forum but look in now and again when content starts to look interesting and meaty again.
I enjoy talking with people who have actual contributions to make like MQ, Mystic, Phet, LearnMe, Harry, Katz, L8, yourself and others (sorry too numerous to name). I most enjoy talking to people that make me think and I love when we can find common ground. That's the joy for me.
Other people are not here for that. They are here to snipe and to make sideways backstabs. They have a continual negative attitude and I can't be doing with the negativity. I dont know what they get out of it. They rarely contribute anything to the actual content. I run a small business. I dont have the time or inclination for it. I have better things to do than engage in petty arguments and have no interest in engaging with those people.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Either you actually are as ignorant as you seem willing to allow others to recognize or you are as Arach says and not here for legitimate discourse. You are merely here to stop religion and try to undermine anyone who supports belief in God. That would be sad for someone as young as you appear to be.
Correct, you know nothing about AI and was caught faking it in post 85, so now you must pretend I am the idiot. And your fellow jargonaut repeats his misrepresentation regardless of what the topic is, because like you, he is an ego wanting attention it does not deserve, and like you, can not respond rationally to what people are saying. Neither of you are here for legitimate discourse, both of you just want to pretend to be scientifically literate. That is why your fellow jargonaut did not admit post 85 was correct.

Quote:
What a waste of the years ahead of you your unwarranted certainty about God represents.
Unwarranted? We have all the evidence.

Quote:
Look into the emerging field of quantum biology and actually try to wrap your "little knowledge" around QFT and quantum gravity.
Post 85, you faked it, I corrected your "little knowledge". Keep dancing around this, but at your age, be careful.

Quote:
We know what gravity does in the heart of stars but we are immensely ignorant of what its relationship is to quantum entanglement and resonance within the brain. Don't waste your life in rejection.
I am observing the current arguments, but as they are 1) not proven, 2) often have too much evidence against them, and 3) have alternative and better supported answers in classical physics, your pretense they support your view is nothing but wishful thinking.

Quote:
Educate yourself.
Take your own medicine. You need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality