Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2021, 10:56 AM

2,400 posts, read 778,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Good...then you understand the epic and prolific prevalence of those concepts establishes its mojo.
It's just The Reality of the Way of the World.
Every dog has its day. To the extent that it is, the bible's popularity is only temporary. Already, thinking people have abandoned it by the millions. Stand by, my friend. This isn't going to hurt a bit, pride excepting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2021, 06:01 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,621,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I understand you must not get out much...

All your comments are emphatically western-based as if Christianity is the center of the world. Clearly it is not, yet you go on as if everyone is so impressed at epic levels about the Bible and/or Christianity. Not so! Not so to the tune of billions of people! Understand why this is and you begin to better understand my comments better than it seems you do. Try some objectivity for starters if you care to give better understanding a go.
Just "Western Based", huh?
What about Islam? The Middle -East?
Between Christianity & Islam you account for almost 60% of the world population. And it's growing.
I know that bothers you...but it comports with "Facts" and "Truth".

Old 10-09-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Every dog has its day. To the extent that it is, the bible's popularity is only temporary. Already, thinking people have abandoned it by the millions. Stand by, my friend. This isn't going to hurt a bit, pride excepting.
Christianity and Islam are growing in this World.
Atheism is shrinking on a global basis.

Old 10-09-2021, 09:09 PM

2,400 posts, read 778,846 times
Quote:
Christianity and Islam are growing in this World.
Atheism is shrinking on a global basis.
Gldn, you don't need to stretch the truth. We all know what is happening.

Old 10-10-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Gldn, you don't need to stretch the truth. We all know what is happening.
Yes. We all know.
Some don't like it...but we all know.
The "truth" and "facts" of the matter are very important.
THE TRUTH & FACTS: Religion is growing...Atheism is shrinking in this world.
The substantiation: https://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/...ons-2010-2050/

Old 10-10-2021, 09:51 AM

50,414 posts, read 23,989,654 times
Quote:
Yes. We all know.
Some don't like it...but we all know.
The "truth" and "facts" of the matter are very important.
THE TRUTH & FACTS: Religion is growing...Atheism is shrinking in this world.
The substantiation: https://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/...ons-2010-2050/
Just wanna point out that that article is 6 years old now.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:10 AM

29,405 posts, read 9,588,991 times
Quote:
Just "Western Based", huh?
What about Islam? The Middle -East?
Between Christianity & Islam you account for almost 60% of the world population. And it's growing.
I know that bothers you...but it comports with "Facts" and "Truth".
Nothing about facts and truth and exchange of opinion here "bothers" me...

Why you always have to throw that sort of dust in the air I don't know, but you generally refer to the Bible as epic and oh so great and mighty compared to all else. The Bible, however, is not what it is to you here in the west as compared to what the Koran, Islam, is to a great many other people. This is my point.

The growth of religion has more to do with the growth of population and the inculcation involved all over the world (regardless the religion). That trend is not the same among the more modern advanced educated people of the world given what we know about the demographics of religious people generally speaking. Have you looked at how religions are predominant in some parts of the world, very different from other religions in other parts of the world? Why if you were born in Indonesia, the odds are slim-to-none you would be Christian rather than Muslim? What is your explanation for this? Have you looked at the demographics of religious people in all parts of the world? Not just here in the U.S.? Always reads like you have done none of these things to gain the understanding you lack about what I read as entirely "western-based" perspective.

A rather fundamental, religious, western-based perspective.

Do these facts and truths bother you? If not, look into them! Don't take my word for it...

Last edited by LearnMe; 10-10-2021 at 10:36 AM..

Old 10-10-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Just wanna point out that that article is 6 years old now.
We ought to also acknowledge that the data in that link/article explains exactly what I'm explaining too!

The growth of religion as a result of population growth. Especially in some parts of the world.

"Why Muslims Are Rising Fastest and the Unaffiliated Are Shrinking as a Share of the World’s Population"

If we were to interpret this information the way Gldn mistakenly does, we would somehow have to believe that Islam is the "truth," better, and/or the more compelling religion over all others. The winner! Not so! Not at all! It's strictly a matter of where the population in these religious areas are growing faster than in other areas. This has nothing to do with truth or God or one religion being better than another. Nothing to do with religion vs atheism either.

Obviously if you have a billion Muslims having lots of babies (larger families) than the far fewer and smaller families typical of atheists (and more modern parts of the world), more babies are going to become Muslims rather than atheists.

This sort of information and proper understanding is important, but when people can't interpret data or information as they should, confusion results instead. Very bad conclusions come from this sort of confusion.

Like the man who crosses the river because he is told the average depth is only waste high...

Old 10-10-2021, 10:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,510,153 times
Lets look at the facts.

Its more reliable to start everything of with an observation that matches what we see.

We are part of a larger more complex system that formed us. Most people believe that because it just makes sense.

The "believing in some thing none's" will always out number the "I lack belief and I don't have to give you any alternatives". I just hope that one day they out number deity believers.

It just aint that complicated.

Some people refuse to connect any dots and others seem to add dots. I think, instead of fighting everything because we are trying to insert what we want for the social good of all people, "suppress everything" or "deity", we might want to start off with the best observations we have.

Creeds, ten commandments and personal feelings about "sparks" are less reliable than observations.

Its that simple.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:29 AM

Here are more facts to consider...

"Mormons were the fastest-growing group in 26 states, expanding beyond their historic home in Utah to the heart of the Bible Belt and as far away as Maine.

Muslims came in second, with growth of 1 million adherents in 197 new counties, to a total of about 2.6 million. Overall, non-Christian groups grew by 32 percent over the past decade."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...yuT_story.html

What does this information tell us? What are we to conclude about Mormonism as compared to the other religions? Non-Christians? What is the truth about what is happening here and why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality